Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:20 AM
Ahh.........Wanderlust by Wordsworth, always liked that one. This sounds like what I need at this very moment!! Something to let my imagination run wild!!
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:26 PM
I have been asked to create a play along board so just mention if you just want to play along instead, and I will create a play along board later today

Also if anyone would like to be a judge , or is willing to volunteer, please let me know
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
gdayars, stick me in the play along. I'm currently living bedside with my bff in the hospital, and have been for the last month. I'd love a distraction like a build contest to work on while I'm here, but I can't commit to being on time because of all the stuff happening here with no notice. And simming on my laptop rather than my regular machine will make it extra fun (so not, and no CC! sad!). Btw, wanderlust is such a weird word.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:04 PM
That's not how the poem goes, though. It's "I wandered lonely as a cloud." And the title is "Daffodils."

Wanderlust is a noun, not a verb - the desire to wander. Not weird at all, just a good old Germanic combination.

Part of me wants to join this and part of me says, No, you're just now feeling better and getting productive, you don't need to overload your plate. So I guess I better not. Maybe I'll do a play-along.

ETA: Oh, and very sorry to hear you're doing bedside living right now, Phaenoh! Health crap sucks and severe health crap sucks just as much for the caretaker as for the direct sufferer! If it's going to be awhile, get a cot in the room - my back was bad for months from hospital chairs even after the Year from Hell was over.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#30 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:28 PM
I'd like to join please gdayars
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:32 PM
Wanderlust lead me here (thanks for the nudge Jo)
If there's room for one more - I'll join

Rule clarification... if we use CC (which I'm eternally grateful for being able to use!) How is the budget going to be affected? IE: most CC wallpaper is $1!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 5:28 PM Last edited by kerri191 : 4th Feb 2018 at 3:44 AM.
I've decided to play along to indulge my wanderlust. We'll see if I can make this laptop go up in smoke like my desktop. Oh well!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
I'd like to get in on the Wanderlust if I may. I'm not much of a builder, and have never done a build contest before, but practice is how we get better, right?

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Link Ninja
#34 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:57 PM
Can we post our lot whenever or do we have to wait until the entire roster fills up?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:57 PM
@suzanne70 and @kerri191 I will be very happy to add you as soon as you add the special word hint: it starts with a W and ends with a t

(read in the application part )
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:08 PM Last edited by gdayars : 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:48 PM.
Sorry for the doubleposting...

But it doesn't read @ if you edit. I have added the following people to the main board @kanzen @Karen Lorraine @OnayaW @lauratje86 @pannisim @Freelala @CatherineTCJD

I have added @Phaenoh @Peni Griffin and @gazania to the playalong If I misunderstood please let me know! and Phae I am sorry about the in hospital living :/ have been there, done that a few times and it is NEVER pleasant!

Sorry realized Charmful posted while I was!

and that I didn't answer Cat's question either. I didn't get much sleep last night so forgive me if I am foggy brained today. As far as the CC goes, Cat, everyone can have cheap custom content, so with that amount of money, I fully expect awesome creations Also it is a beginners are included contest so it makes it a bit easier for beginners.

Charmful, as soon as kerri and suzanne supply their missing code word it will be full I am still looking for another judge, but after they supply their code words, we will start the timer, and everyone can start uploading
Field Researcher
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:43 PM
This will be amazing and fun.... I am so looking forward ti checking out all of the builds!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM
So happy to have you here!

Meantime, I am going to see if I can get the emergency judge to step up to non emergency and if she can't, and no one else volunteers, I will just be the last judge, and we can move onward and upward
Instructor
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:44 PM
Well, I guess this would be a good time to join my first contest. I'm by no means an experienced builder in the themes we'll have to build, but I have wanderlust and so I'll give it a try!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:47 PM
Helptato
#41 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:30 AM
I'd love to join Wanderlust! I guess I wasn't too late after all :D

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM Last edited by gdayars : 4th Feb 2018 at 1:09 AM.
@Sparklypotato actually the other two haven't come back yet, so there is one more slot. if they do I will add them, but if they don't, it is ok. You can have the last slot (except for the two who forgot the code word and I already told they could come back and add it )

But the only slots available other than @suzanne70 and @Kerri191 who have to supply the code word, after this, are play along ones
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:51 AM
Good to see lots of old and new faces.

Hi Red Sonja, welcome to the judging box. Can we get one more person to apply as a judge?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#44 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:50 AM
I would love to join in but I am way to scared to even attempt this lol.. so I subscribed to watch and learn..maybe next time around..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:53 AM
Come and join the play along. Us judges don't bite.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#46 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:57 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 4th Feb 2018 at 2:08 AM.
I don't know Jo..it took me forever to get the guts to join in on CherryBlossom Sims contests and challenges lol..

I'm not even sure what to do..??

I have never done something like this before..but what the heck I would like to do the playalong..are these just members that want to do it but not be judged..

Ok I will give it a try..not good at building, decorating, designing things but what the heck right..it's to learn and have fun..so I put Wonderlust in a sentence..right lol.. I think I am going to need a drink on this one
Field Researcher
#47 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:10 AM
I still would love to join wanderlust
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM
@suzanne70 and @broomhilda61 you are in your respective positions
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#49 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:27 AM
((group hugs))

I will try to give some play along comments as well. The main aim is to improve and have fun. So don't think of it as being judged but rather mentored and encouraged.

Petro, I think we need the juice bar opening.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#50 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:40 AM
@broomhilda61
dont worry, just have fun and you won't notice that you're improving as well everyone here learns from each other, we're in this together

Page 2 of 59