Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The other one
Original Poster
#526 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 4:28 AM Last edited by missroxor : 19th Jul 2011 at 4:40 AM.
Added new entries, looking good guys There's still a lot of you who haven't finished yet so it's just as well we have an extension, eh? Good luck x

Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
...outing that scammer to HP is just icing on the cake!
You mean it was you? How did you figure it out? I had the most contact with her since we were PMing about judgy stuff and I was completely oblivious ...though I'm not exactly known for my powers of observation

Thanks for all the lovely comments We've had our ups and downs and damn near catastrophies but I at least have learned some valuable lessons for when I get around to doing my second contest (sorry you guys were my guineapigs!) and I hope you lot learned stuff too but mostly I just hope it wasn't too stressful and you got some fun out of it To reiterate what someone already said, thanks to those who stuck it out and kept the momento going and also thanks to those who started but for various reasons couldn't finish, it's been great seeing so much creativity and originality from you all....right, I should probably end this before it turns into a full blown Oscar acceptance speech with tears and everything

Anyway, get crackin! :p

ETA: Apparently I was having a brain fart the other day 'cause I've been going through the last couple of pages and picked up a couple of things I missed:
Alissaya some how I missed your post to say you couldn't compete in R4 sorry to hear that; what a shame to get so far and not be able to finish. Hope you enjoy your time out the country though
NHayes - Even though I remember seing your Kissy Chicks shot I neglected to add it to the front page :/ That's done now

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#527 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 4:44 AM Last edited by picass0blue : 19th Jul 2011 at 5:00 AM.

I came back with only a few hours to spare, but I couldn't do it this time. Realistically I am not going to be done in 16 minutes. And that's my fault. I really wanted to finish this competition too, but it's definitely rudely late to ask for any kind of extension.

Thanks for your kind words, though. I shouldn't have come here and said that in the first place, but I'm so messed up at the moment that I had no strength left in me to find another way to explain my sudden apathy.

Good luck everyone else!

ETA: OK, yes, I failed.
Scholar
#528 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 5:13 AM
^^^^You have until tomorrow, it was extended.

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
You mean it was you? How did you figure it out? I had the most contact with her since we were PMing about judgy stuff and I was completely oblivious ...though I'm not exactly known for my powers of observation

Yes, to me it was obvious as soon as 2 new people came on here to ask her to upload her sim. She was also the troll that "disagreed" with our entries.I've had that happen in my own contest and seen others do it before in other's contests I was in. Gets easy to spot it. They only do that to praise themselves mainly and no one else has others coming on just to comment on their pretty sims. I knew she was the EJ and the other two and reported her to and HP.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#529 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 7:20 AM
I'm actually pretty suspicious when I see that all of the other get disagrees but not her, and bit curious when I see a few new people praising her and a new people wants to be a judge. But I didn't know how to report :p

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Field Researcher
#530 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
Lol Those pics made me pee my pants. So funny and cute hahahahaha Go Astrea!!

Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
Astraea, you had it harder than the rest and did such a kick ass job! EVERYONE has done great. This contest has been great fun, and even though I'm 9th out of 11...doesn't matter, it's been great entertainment both creating and seeing others entries.

Thank you both, I love your entries, as well! :lovestruc
And I agree, everyone has been doing great in this contest! I was really sorry to see some people withdrawing, though, as I would have really loved to have everyone stay in 'till the end... but real life is a b****, so I can totally understand that picass0blue, as Sisaly said you still have some time to add your last entry, though! Would love to see yours! :D

Thanks to missroxor for hosting such a funny contest, it was my first time here at MTS and also my first attempt at something with more than just one round and I loved it! Judges have been always polite and very constructive and that also added a lot to the contest. Hope to catch all of you guys again in another contest!
Lab Assistant
#531 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 1:02 PM
I agree with you all - this contest has really pushed what I thought I could do in sims 3

missroxor - congrats on doing a fab job and thanks for all the feedback from the judges, I agree it would have been nice if everyone had been able to finish but you always get a few drops due to pc issues or rl getting in the way

Everyone has done an amazing job - good luck

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Field Researcher
#532 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 4:55 PM Last edited by picass0blue : 19th Jul 2011 at 8:27 PM.
Wait, seriously? I was going by the countdown timer, I didn't realise we had extra time. I just knew it was too late for me to ask personally! Hmm...I could try at this, but I'm going to suck.

And yeah. I knew that member had obvious sock puppets and all, but having experience on running forums I thought I'd leave that to whoever has access to the IP addresses - was I wrong in assuming that MTS cross-references members' IPs automatically to find duplicate accounts? The sign-up rules make it sound like they do... (Though I'm not denying that s/he could hack around that too.)

ETA: D'oh. I was going by the timer and I thought it said I had 11 hours left, not that it was 11 hours since, so I only came back now. How long do I actually have??
Lab Assistant
#533 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 6:39 PM
update

Now sleep
Good night!

Field Researcher
#534 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:27 AM
I just can't...

I'm 24 hours over time, in immense physical pain and my ideas were rubbish this round anyway. For the record it was a concrete jungle with a meek looking tigerprint-clad dude being the "meow" and Ramona in leopardprint being the "grr". And an English Country Wedding theme that never took off. That and the computer wants to stand in every step of the way.

Thanks missroxor for running a great competition, and to everyone who participated at all for having such creative and entertaining ideas! :lovestruc
Scholar
#535 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:34 AM
I'm in photoshop please wait for me!!!!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
The other one
Original Poster
#536 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:47 AM
Picass0Blue I updated the timer on the main page...I forgot there was one on the round page too. :/ Sorry you're in pain hope you feel better soon.

Sisaly you're so close!! I think we can manage to wait another hour or two for you. Please do a new post when you're finished so we don't miss it. I'll close the round once you've posted.

Scholar
#537 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:10 AM
Default Round 4~Priscilla Gilchrist
Designer 1~Idol Fashion

Designer 2~Roman B

As you can see the wedding dress is stunning. I was more than proud to wear it for the ad. The Idol Fashion shoot was difficult. By the time they got the right shot, I was all sweaty and had to get hair and makeup touched up constantly, but that's the life of a model. All in all this entire experience was educational and fun. Thank you for the opportunity!

The other one
Original Poster
#538 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:24 AM
Round 4 is now closed for judging

The judging line up for the final round is: Lavaster, wicked_poppies and heaven_sent_8_18. Thanks to Sandymdh for judging the last three weeks, hope the moving goes well

Field Researcher
#539 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:40 AM
I am completely surrounded by boxes :-) Also I'll have no internet for 12 days after tomorrow - it'll be like losing a limb.
Anyway it's been a pleasure to help judge. The standards have been so high. I think in the last round particularly my scores were really close. It's obvious that everyone has made so much progress since the first round too - which I think is the main point of any contest. Good luck to everyone.

@missroxor - hope it hasn't put you off too much. I'm hoping to see a building contest at some point from you :-)
The other one
Original Poster
#540 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
@missroxor - hope it hasn't put you off too much. I'm hoping to see a building contest at some point from you :-)

Heh, well there's been some hairy moments and it's been stressful at times but after the first couple of weeks it got easier and I was able to relax about it all so I haven't been put off I hope to have a new one ready to submit end of Aug/start of Sept (can't do it before 'cause I'll be going out the country) but don't know if it will actually come into fruition: the general concensus seems to be that people want sim contests, not build contests :/ ...I'm all tapped out for sim contest ideas after this though

Forum Resident
#541 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 10:35 AM
It's ok because I shall run the next one

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#542 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:05 PM
I hope is another sim one :D
I can only build a box with bathroom bedroom and kitchen with some misplaced decor *with auto-roofs *

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#543 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
the general concensus seems to be that people want sim contests, not build contests

Well, damn them all. How many contestants do you have to have for a contest? Because I am DEFINITELY up for a building one. :D

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#544 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Shadow_Girl : 20th Jul 2011 at 8:21 PM. Reason: Grammar fix.
Wow, I was even thinking of making one.
Forum Resident
#545 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:53 PM
Well, I'm not sure if my building skills are good enough, but I will totally enter that contest. I do prefer sim oriented contests.

Anyway, I'm kind of really sad this contest is ending. You guys are all awesome and I kind of want to 'hang out' with you more. So yeah, somebody better start a contest.
Field Researcher
#546 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 8:36 PM
I'm not too sure about my building skills either -I mainly "build" and decorate to create sets for my sim photoshoots- but hey, I might still join a building contest to improve!

And I'll admit I had a few plans for a possible sim contest somewhere in the future, too
Lab Assistant
#547 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:27 PM
I'm afraid I'm another one whose building skills aren't exactly stellar. However, I'd still be interested in entering a build contests, if only to get some more experience. I hope you guys who are hinting at hosting contests go through with it, I had so much fun with this one!

The Dawson Diaries
(A Random Legacy)
Lab Assistant
#548 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:34 PM
I think if I do host a contest it would be a fantasy/mythology oriented sim contest, because I love both. ♥
The other one
Original Poster
#549 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:43 PM
For those of you saying you would consider entering a build contest so you could improve/get experience, my next one might actually be ideal for you (excuse me while I shamelessly plug my next contest, lol). I want it to be open to all levels but it'll largely be geared towards those who've only ever used the basics or who've only dabbled a little in advanced techniques. The theme is that contestants are students studing to earn a degree in Architecture...your assignments being to follow advanced building tutorials that I have selected and rated in levels of difficulty (not just my opinion but from other members of the community too). The focus will be about 50/50 between technique and creativity/looking purty so (I'm hoping) it'll be more of a learning experience than just a "taking pretty pictures" contest...I hope enough people will want to learn/improve/challenge themselves that the unusual format won't put too many off. By the end of it students will have learned 15 or so advanced building techniques with myself and a couple of other experienced builders (one I've already forced into agreeing to help, lol and a couple of others I'm yet to try to convince ), there to provide technical support. (Hey, it's not often you have a team of experienced people there to help you understand and complete a tutorial, is it? ). Anyway, hope to see some of you there but in the mean time I've heard a couple of rumours about a couple of different sim contests over the next few months. Glad to see it's picking up again, maybe I can even enter one! Yay! lol

Lab Assistant
#550 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:13 AM
ooh missR sounds good

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Page 22 of 23