Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:40 AM Last edited by eringobragh22 : 23rd Apr 2019 at 5:57 AM.
Default Can't watch TV in the bedroom!
For awhile now my Sims have been unable to watch the TV that's in their bedroom. When clicking on the TV and trying to watch a movie or channel the Sim has the routing error bubble but there's literally nothing blocking the path. I know the TV works and isn't being blocked because they are still able to "Channel Surf" and "Workout" but nothing else. They will also autonomously watch TV on that TV but only ever the Kids channel. The TV in the living room works fine for all functions.Anybody have any idea why they can't use this thing normally?I've tried moving the candles on the TV stand around. I've also tried deleting the TV stand completely and trying an entirely different TV and couch position to no avail.

Edit: It's a wall mount TV unlocked at level 10 of the Tech Guru career.

Here it is with NOTHING around it.

Aaand then she was able to use it while sitting at the desk with it on the wall with a million other things around.

So, I tried deleting the desk chair and she can't use it anymore! Since when do Sims need to sit to watch TV?! I don't feel like I've ever had that problem? If I remember correctly a lot people actually had issues getting their Sims to stay sitting while watching TV. Pretty sure they stand and watch it all the time in the living room so I'm still convinced this room is broken. Anyone?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 11:36 AM
Try placing the TV with moveobjects off
ever since GF patch sims are having routing issues with objects placed with moveobjects on, even tho while directed they can still use it
so anything that is a functional object that sims interact with should be placed with moveobjects off, on the grid