Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 12:25 AM Last edited by SusannaG : 10th Dec 2011 at 12:39 AM.
This one is really tempting me right now.

How did the reinstall and restart go, Vllygrl?

Also, about "moving up" the settlement: to go from, say, Hamlet to Village, is it a total of three home businesses, or three new ones?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#77 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:10 AM
Hi Susanna!
Sorry about the slow reply -- I was away for the weekend. I am glad to hear you are interested in the MCC! My reinstall went well, thanks! And now I am slowly rebuilding my hood and families. Yes, it is a TOTAL of 3 home businesses -- so for going from Hamlet to Village add one more to the two you needed to go from Settlement to Hamlet.
Let us know if you decide to start the challenge!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:19 AM Last edited by SusannaG : 13th Dec 2011 at 10:56 PM.
I am seriously tempted to try this one.

I'm also doing a BACC right now, and contemplating the size of my downloads folder! (Hi, my name is Susanna, and I have a CC addiction problem...)

ETA: Well, I've decided to take a stab at it!

Having a devil of a time with finding children's clothes in general, and athletic wear in particular.
Test Subject
#79 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 4:56 PM
Default The Squire?
Hi, I'm just starting my new neighborhood with Medieval Charter Challenge. A quick question: How is the squire supposed to make his living? At the beginning of the challenge he can't get a job from Military or Law enforcement. How is he going to pay the taxes and rents? After setup he'll receive the 20 000 simoleons, but how about after he has spent it all?
Instructor
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 12:09 AM
Hi Raisin, and Welcome! Good Question! Sorry, I am rewriting to fix these little glitches, but here's what I use -- ArotaAlehthrra's Knighthood Career works great for this:
http://cep.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=411102
It starts out lowly enough that the squire has to work his way up to knight, which is perfect, and it is a fun career to play.
Let us know how your families look and post some pics if you get a chance!
Cheers, Vllygrl

The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 3:58 AM
This is my first post so I hope I get it right!
I Just started playing this challenge and I'm really enjoying it but I do have some questions.
To move up to Hamlet I need the community lots for the square and the park. Is there any guideline on how much these lots should be worth? Do they have to contain specific things and can they be updated by the treasury at a later point in the challenge? One other question on marriage. The heir to my squire although only a toddler right now can't marry anyone not at least gentry? If this is the case do i have to hope that one of the CAS families manages to move up before he dies of old age or is there something else I can do? Sorry if the questions are dumb or already answered. I'm looking forward to carrying on with this challenge. Thanks Vllygrl for creating it.
Scottiedoag
Instructor
Original Poster
#82 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 4:09 AM
Hi Scottiedoag and Welcome! I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the challenge! I am almost finished the Big Rewrite, which will clarify a lot of grey areas, but in the meantime, I will try to answer your questions:
1) Currently, no, there are no guidelines, though that will be rectified in the Big Rewrite. Meanwhile, use what Treasury Funds you have collected so far. For instance, you can build a quite passable 1 x 1 Village Square and Communal Well lot for approx. $2000. They can certainly be updated later as your community becomes more prosperous and wants to show its wealth!
2) You are correct: your squire's heir must marry at or above his own station, therefore either Gentry or Noble, and yes, it is unlikely that one of your peasant families will rise to that level by that time. Possible solutions are to add a Convent full of marriageable female novices of various ranks and a Monastery full of marriageable male novices because I don't tend to let my playables marry Townies (in my game I consider them vagrants, a sort of gypsy clan, so they have little or no status), however, if you generally use townies in your play, then by all means continue doing so! Also, by that ime, you may have reached the point in the challenge at which it is time to add more families anyway, which might solve the issue. Your other option is just to create a CAS sim when the time comes and consider that bride to have been sent by the current monarch or make up some other such backstory to fit.
Hope this helps, Scottiedoag, and there is lots of great info on the MCC thread over at the Plumbbob Keep as well that you might find worth checking out!
Happy Simming, and let us know how it progresses!
Cheers,
Vllygrl

Lab Assistant
#83 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 6:02 AM
Thanks Vllygrl
That helps loads! My treasury if overflowing thanks to the fact that my beekeeping family dug up three treasure chest one after the other and my fishing family are just as mad with digging for treasure. I dug out some family history and I'm using names from that. My family came originally from France to fight the English in the 1500s (as my name suggests I'm Scottish) and it's fun to use their names and imagine their lives. You mentioned Plumbobkeep and I went to register but i can't access the site. I was there downloading to start the challenge and had bookmarked the page to go back and register as it looks like a great site. Anyone know if there is a problem with the site or if its my own stupidity!? Thanks again.
Scottiedoag
Instructor
Original Poster
#84 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 3:57 PM
Hi Scottiedoag,
Good -- I'm glad I could help! Yes, the digging for treasure gets crazy, but it sure adds to the Treasury Funds in a hurry! It will be restricted to mining families in the Big Rewrite which should settle things down. That is so cool that you thought of using your own family history and names in the challenge! Wow! Great idea! As far as I know, there is no current problem with the Plumbbob Keep site, I was on it this morning. Keep trying, it's worth it to get access to such an awesome site -- you will be blown away!
Cheers Vllygrl

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 6:52 PM
Thanks! I've been to Plumbobkeep before and the parts i could look at as a gust were amazing. I just tried again and i can't see the board or register or contact an admin. Oh well I'll keep trying. Better go do some digging before the rewrite! lol
Scottiedoag
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 10:48 PM
Default Dont know if this helps anyone but...
I was looking for images of medieval village greens and found this link. http://www.medievalarchives.com/tag/bakery/
I thought it was interesting and maybe something th
at could be put into someones game. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this properly within the constraints of sims?
Scottiedoag
Instructor
Original Poster
#87 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:16 PM Last edited by vllygrl : 20th Jan 2012 at 7:29 PM.
Thanks, Scottiedoag, it would be interesting to explore! I will hafta research that . . . many things turn out to be possible in this game, so you never know!

Instructor
Original Poster
#88 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:26 PM
Hello all and Happy Friday!
Just in time for your weekend delectation, behold, the infamous rewrite is complete! Please go to the first post where you will find a shiny new document to download for

The Medieval Charter Challenge 3.0 -- the "New!" Luxury Model

Thanks for looking ,
Cheers, Vllygrl

Instructor
Original Poster
#89 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:43 AM Last edited by vllygrl : 7th Mar 2012 at 1:56 AM.
Apologies to those 4 people who already downloaded the 3.0 version, the document has had a slight change on page 4 and has now been re-uploaded with the following correction:

What read as: "Add 2 CAS families each time your community advances to the next level, using the same random dice rolling method you used for your initial 7 families."

NOW reads: "As you reach each of the following levels, add 2 CAS households: Hamlet -- 1 Yeoman, 1 Merchant; Village -- 1 Gentry, 1 Merchant; Town -- 2 Nobility; City -- 1 Royalty Household, using the same random dice rolling method you used for your initial 7 families."

Just for clarification! :P

Edited to add:
However, deepest apologies to everyone -- I will be make a few more slight revisions (embarrasing ). I am pulling the new 3.0 doc and will re-upload the new revised document asap and then let you know. I am so sorry!
Thank you for your patience!

ETA: Done!

Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:23 PM
I recently got started in this challenge and just have my bachelors and bachelorettes left to set up. I made some of them children, teens and toddlers just so the main settler children would have people to befriend and marry as they get older. I posted this at the Keep and thought I'd repost it here. I'll update again when I have everyone set up to introduce the families. :D
The aging King of a dying kingdom had sent forth his best man to look for new land to build a new kingdom upon. The Royal Steward had sent word back that he had found such a land and had built a castle in the hopes that a King would soon be born. The King had no heirs but loved his remaining people dearly for they had stuck by his side even as the Kingdom fell to ruin. He sent a decree that they should go to a new land called Silverward and build their lives anew. The old King died shortly after meeting with his remaining people.

The settlers started on their journey with dreams of a blessed new land awaiting them. They had each been in audience with a king and were told that the new king would be born amongst them. The Squires family were certain that this king would be borne from their line, while the peasants dreamt of rising from their hard existence to the lives of royalty.

Using one of StephSim's castles, isn’t it lovely?
I'm not really going for historical accuracy, I'm mainly going for a "anything but modern" type of thing.

Do you have a blog with your Simmie tales? PM me the link. I like reading!
Instructor
Original Poster
#91 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:57 AM
Aawww . . . thanks for updating on my MTS thread, too, digit! Awesome, and I look forward to reading moar!

Test Subject
#92 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 6:09 PM
Hi I'm new to the forums These challenges made me reinstall Sims 2, and I missed it- Sims 3 keeps crashing and I've given up with it. One question though. Do you have the rules in a Word 2007 format? The other links to the rules don't work for me. Thanks :p
Instructor
Original Poster
#93 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:49 PM Last edited by vllygrl : 27th Mar 2012 at 12:48 AM.
Welcome to the MCC, Rachel! I am sorry you have had trouble downloading -- when you unrar the MCC 3.0 Final.rar file, it is a Word 97 - 2003 file, so it should work for you if you can open Word 2007 documents, unfortunately I can't convert it to Word 2007 (I tried!)

Here is a pdf version which may work better for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8podofrhbnq7ufy

Please let me know if you are still having trouble, and we can try a different tack!

I have been away all week, but got back last night or I would have tried sooner, I hope you haven't given up!

Test Subject
#94 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 3:06 AM
Hi, I have another question for you. In my challenge the weekly market is owned by the first merchant family I created but I just noticed in the Quick & Dirty section
it shows:

6. When the total reaches $8000, build or add into your neighbourhood:
 Church & Cemetery
 Weekly Market
7. Congratulations!
You have completed Level 1: Settlement and are on to Level 2: Hamlet.
8. Build or add a Merchant Townhouse and a Merchant business of your choice. Create 1 Yeoman family and 1 Merchant family in CAS.

Also, I have decided to use St. Esme's Chapel http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/....php?f=52&t=118 as my Church & Cemetery lot

And I've included a couple pictures

-Tricia

P.S. Still unable to log onto Plumb Bob Keep
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 9:06 AM
I am tempted but I am allowed to use one of my own as I am having issues installing cc into my game and do I need to put up for download. i have allot of medieval themed cc in my hood so this challenge is perfect for me

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
Original Poster
#96 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pmw76
Hi, I have another question for you. In my challenge the weekly market is owned by the first merchant family I created but I just noticed in the Quick & Dirty section
it shows:

6. When the total reaches $8000, build or add into your neighbourhood:
„h Church & Cemetery
„h Weekly Market
7. Congratulations!
You have completed Level 1: Settlement and are on to Level 2: Hamlet.
8. Build or add a Merchant Townhouse and a Merchant business of your choice. Create 1 Yeoman family and 1 Merchant family in CAS.

Also, I have decided to use St. Esme's Chapel http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/....php?f=52&t=118 as my Church & Cemetery lot

And I've included a couple pictures

-Tricia

P.S. Still unable to log onto Plumb Bob Keep

Hi Tricia!
Unless you want to do so, I wouldn't bother changing your first merchant family owning the Weekly Grocery business until you are ready -- perhaps they will sell it eventually and buy a new, more ambitious business! Go ahead and add your new CAS yeoman and merchant families in any case. And St. Esme's Chapel is lovely -- also nice to have church and cemetary combined for convenience! I wonder what's up with the PBK? I have had no problems logging in so far. Maybe it was just heavy traffic?

Hi Artimis! Haven't seen you around the PBK lately so it is great to hear from you, and that's awesome if you decide to try the challenge!

Test Subject
#97 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:21 PM
Hi,

thanks for replying. I wasn't having any luck with my account on PBK. They deactivated it when I changed my e-mail address. I tried sending them an e-mail to let them know I was having problems, and wasn't able to log on. I still haven't heard back from them, and I was anxious to read your post on PBK so I wound up creating a second account. I will post later.

-Tricia
Field Researcher
#98 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:05 AM
Wow, I am playing this play style/challenge and it's amazing. I didn't realize how hard it is for the peasants! I'm playing with my own, slightly modified ruleset(my peasants and yeoman also pay the Gentry 20% of their earnings). I thought my miner peasant was going to move up fast...until I paid all his rent(80% antiquities tax and all). Poor peasants. :P

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Instructor
Original Poster
#99 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:02 AM
Welcome, Zexxa! Oops! How did I miss your post?! Sorry!

Glad you are enjoying the challenge , and great to hear you have been able to adapt it within your own playstyle and rules -- I love to hear that, because it tells me that the challenge is flexible, which makes it more appealing to more players! I like how you have developed the line of financial rights and responsibilities from peasants and yeomen through to gentry and nobles, so true to medieval times! Let us know how it is going once in awhile with an update, it is always fun and fascinating to hear how other player's games develop!
Happy Simming!

Lab Assistant
#100 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 12:14 PM
Thank you for the great challenge,villygirl!!! I am trying use your challenge rules and rules from the Warwick Challenge and Random Legacy!!! There is my blog http://kingdomlegacychallenge.blogspot.ru/
Page 4 of 11