Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th May 2006 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by p00jkins
The old mafia career was probably faulty. Even though it shows up in the game, it probably wasnt done correctly. I cant really see whats wrong with it since the career is no longer on the boards.

It's floating around on the website. I recently downloaded it and encountered the loading/freezing problem everyone was having. Here's the link

Mafia Career

I'm not very program savvy, and I hope someone can upgrade this or think of a way to fix it. I've seen a lot of places on the boards where people were hoping for a mafia/organized crime career.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd May 2006 at 2:08 AM
I need 2 get a modded career that finally works for me I suck at installing things espeisally mods!
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:45 PM
I may seem dumb but I really don't get step number 5.

lol the internet
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 5:36 PM
Ive Got a problem - it wont let me use the career editor. its just greyed out on the task bar! what can i do?
Test Subject
#55 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:49 PM
Does this tutorial work for making custom careers compatible with other expansions (besides University)?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by durante1980
Does this tutorial work for making custom careers compatible with other expansions (besides University)?

Yes, this makes the career ready for all EP's.

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 3:12 AM Last edited by Shadowkiss19 : 17th Jul 2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Error in spacing
Default what to do
I have been writing this custom career, with no problem in SimPE .62 alpha
when I try to get the career ready for uni and I start have problems. I used
science track ep from the tutorial. I have recieve an object error or the
career still will not show up.
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 12:16 AM
when i download the things, it doesnt save. its in the folder, but when i look for it its not there and it says it doesnt exist
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by limmiesp
Ive Got a problem - it wont let me use the career editor. its just greyed out on the task bar! what can i do?

This means that what you are editing is not a current career. You can download a base career on the first page of this thread, and open it in SimPE. this will enable the editor. OR, you can go to the SimPE website, and download the career package on the downloads section. This makes the editor always active.

but remember: make SURE you don't overwrite an original maxis career.

Hope this helps you!
~Ash~

EDIT: darn, didn't notice the date of his post, silly me. almost a year late on the reply, eh?
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 6:19 AM Last edited by infohata : 29th Jan 2008 at 6:45 AM. Reason: Thinking....
Additional 6(six!) MAXIS base templates
Hey!

I have noticed that not all Maxis templates were mentioned! Here are Group IDs for some of careers which can be a perfect templates:
Career.. Adult..... Teen/Elder
Adventurer 0x7FB0E5AA; 0x7FE88DE7;
Education 0x7F3F07BE; 0x7F9F6040;
Gamer... 0x7F0E7A7E; 0x7F210EE3;
Journalism 0x7FCB6FF2; 0x7F9307BF;
Law..... 0x7F22AC84; 0x7FF193CE;
Music... 0x7F22AC84; 0x7F0DD819;

I didn't experiment still, but creating or recreating career under them can lead to some features:
- Avoidance to be seen in Major pick list as perfect career (testing)
- Requirement of Seasons (so sorry, already tested)
- May have some additional features from EP (researching)

Maybe somebody have experience under them and has anything else to report?

EDIT: yeahh, another silly, inactive thread... oh... ok i'll wait a half year for an answer, maybe will find out myself faster!
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 2:45 AM
I downloaded the Science career, but the three files we were supposed to look for under Behavior Consistent aren't there.
Is there, like, a next page button I'm missing, I'm pretty new to SimsPE
Banned
#62 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:06 AM
Where's the education career in the download list??
Test Subject
#63 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:16 PM
Default thx
cool, i guess i'm gonna try to upgrade my careers! (by now)
Test Subject
#64 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:38 PM
Can someone put the seasons and free time career base templates up? I don't know how to do it, though I can find them in the objects.package. When I change what I want it won't save correctly.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 6:32 PM
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I thought I'd be better than creating a new one. I've got the same problem as RoyalT - I cannot find the careers from EPs later than University in my objects.package, nor do the corresponding career rewards show up in Bidou's career editor. I'd really like to access these, as I want to tweak the law career and use that icon for a custom career.
Page 3 of 3