Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 4:36 AM
Default freetime inteen beta is up for public download
you need to register though but its up for download

http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi....php?f=7&t=1066

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:13 AM
Yay! I'll take the risk of downloading it..

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by I_Love_Simming
Yay! I'll take the risk of downloading it..

its working good in my game

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 12:29 PM
Just tryed it, working fine in my game too Thanks for the link!

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 6:10 PM
It works for me =D THANKS SO MUCH
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I couldn't play one of my households until inteen was updated.

"You party hard, you play hard and that's what we do. We put a lot into it
and we enjoy the good stuff, hate the bad stuff and that's part of it." - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
#7 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:53 PM
Thanks for the info!
#8 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 11:39 AM
Thank you for sharing that.
#9 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 4:58 PM
eff me damn site wont accept new registrations, anyone have a virtual grenade?
#10 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 10:03 AM
if you ain't got it by 5pm Uk, (the time i return home) i'll sort you out.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 11:23 AM
You could always get the proper release, not the beta. I'm pretty sure you don't need to register for that:

http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi....php?f=6&t=1152

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th May 2024 at 12:53 PM
My latest EP which opens my game is Mansion and Garden. I do also have Freetime. Altho, I do not have Pets. Do I still use the Freetime version? Or does it also require Pets? I read on another forum that people with Mansion and Garden stuff are supposed to use the Apartment Life inteen, but the instructions clearly say not to use the Apartment Life inteen if you don't have Apartment Life EP. So not sure if I can even use any version of inteen at all lol. Do any of you smart people know? I've been reading about it all day and I still don't know what to do

I know I'm late to the inteen party, but after ~20 years of TS2, I'd like to try this mod or one that is similar. I will gratefully listen to any advice that is graciously given. Thank you.

PS I am not new to mods in general, I just never tried this one before. I know all the version are available on SFS, I just don't know which one I should get, if any, because I don't have (and do not want) Pets or AL.

Also, yay for TS2 on into 2024. May it LLAP.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th May 2024 at 1:01 PM
You'd be better off opening your own thread rather than necromancing one that's 16 years old.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th May 2024 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You'd be better off opening your own thread rather than necromancing one that's 16 years old.

You know, it's old mods + old threads when you duck issues that you realise "jebus chris, this game is old" and then think "and I remember being hyped for the game before release" and you realise you're getting old.

The other day I was reading about an issue and noticed the post was made in 2005...

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th May 2024 at 1:37 PM
I've seen too many "new" posts (lol) of people asking for help with a thing and then being told to search first because it's already somewhere. After searching all day, I plopped it here. I figured people who have actually downloaded inteen for FT might be ones who actually know something about it. I can make a new thread if you want me to.

Seriously, every issue I look up is in an old thread. Feels like a ghost town sometimes, but I'm still here being a ghost. But I don't even mind. It is sort of strange having new problems pop up after playing so long. I suppose modern updated things can throw things out of whack. But it's funny when your game throws a new error at you and you're like, "Really, TS2? After we've known each other all this time? How dare you."
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th May 2024 at 1:46 PM
I think the idea is to search and see if you can find an answer in an old thread, then make a new one if you can't, not resurrect one that's almost old enough to drive. People probably aren't going to open this unless they wonder why it's back up top.

Anyway, in your case, I'd back up the game then try inteen for Freetime and see how it goes.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th May 2024 at 2:07 PM
It is old enough to drive here lol.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th May 2024 at 2:20 PM
I gave it a go and kept getting bad gosub tree number error from agecontroller, so I think Pets may be required. It was worth a try, tho. I'll make a new post next time, I promise haha.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th May 2024 at 2:33 PM
I just looked and saw that @jase439 was around relatively recently, considering. Maybe you can get some advice from them.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th May 2024 at 12:16 AM
I ended up trying out the inteen for AL anyway, and putting the G package in the overrides folder for M&G, just to see ya know. I backed up my game first. But it's been working flawlessly. I saw some tech posts that said (can't remember if it was leefish or MATY or other but), it said, "if you have AL/MG/UC then use the AL version." So maybe that's how it was meant to be done? Since it worked, I thought I should say so and contribute to the work of those who came before me. I never would have been able to figure out any of my TS2 issues, like ever, if it hadn't been for others posting their issues and what did or did not work. It's all valuable imo.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th May 2024 at 5:47 AM
Generally if you have a later EP, all the functions specific to all earlier EPs will be present in it, even if you don't have those earlier EPs installed, the features just won't be enabled for you. So it's generally not important which specific EPs you have, only what the latest one you have installed is. M&G contained actual code updates, so if you have that installed, you also have all of the functions from all of the other EPs also.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th May 2024 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Generally if you have a later EP, all the functions specific to all earlier EPs will be present in it, even if you don't have those earlier EPs installed, the features just won't be enabled for you. So it's generally not important which specific EPs you have, only what the latest one you have installed is. M&G contained actual code updates, so if you have that installed, you also have all of the functions from all of the other EPs also.

Semi-related to this, one of the known causes of squiggly lines is not having FreeTime installed but one of the later EPs. During chat, the thought bubbles will try to pull certain images and then crap out because they only exist in FT.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd May 2024 at 7:32 PM
For a lot of mods the AL version was the last one ever made, some things are updated in M&G but the majority of AL mods will work in M&G.

The only part of inteen which affects pets is the kitten killer code, which was put in as a joke, and won't matter because you'll never have any kittens on a lot, but your game version is later than Pets, so the game won't freak out (I hope?) by being asked to check whether pets exist on the lot.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...