Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:11 PM
Need help
I'm want to enable the "pick up" and "put down" social interaction to the adult-child pie menu. My Sims teen and older should be able to carry their children around. I sometimes actually shrink down the size of a child to make them look more like a 4-6 year old. I see 4-6 year olds being carried around by their parents. Any way to do this? I've seen certain social interactions being enabled for other life stages.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 9:33 PM
It could be in theory, but anims would be really really weird. And how would they get in the adult arms ? They'd jump ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 9:50 PM
Well, you can certainly have a go - just change the age restrictions on the social object. But as ankoyume says, the animations aren't designed for children, so there will be distortion - you'll have to take a look to see whether it's a level of wonkiness you're willing to live with, or not!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 12:08 AM
Moreover, anims can be twisted a little in SimPE to suit your liking.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 1:57 PM
It actually looks good, even if the anims aren't designed for children.
Someone posted this video lately.
https://youtu.be/V6b-cz3EP2Y

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Well, you can certainly have a go - just change the age restrictions on the social object. But as ankoyume says, the animations aren't designed for children, so there will be distortion - you'll have to take a look to see whether it's a level of wonkiness you're willing to live with, or not!

Alright I'll try that but what program do I use? SimPE?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

I love that video so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:36 PM
Okay, it wouldn't work. I ticked off "be picked up", "be held", and "be put down" but am I missing something?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:34 PM
As far as I know, social interactions are two-sided, the one that does the action (-er) and the one the action is done to (-ee). I'm fairly sure you need to activate both the actions of adult and child. "Pick up" (adult) and "be picked up" (child), "hold" (adult) and "be held" (child), and so forth.

I'm also not sure how it would work for poses where another sim is being picked up and carried around. Some animations like that have certain animation helpers that may bug up (kinda like an inbuilt slot linked to the adult, and some part of the picked-up sim's body snaps to this slot), while other animations are animated separately (both sims can be moved away without borking up how the sim being held is rotated). It's basically how holding/carrying infants work. If you move the infant away with Moveobjects, the infant will turn around in a weird position. I think toddlers work a little different, though (pretty sure children use toddler animations with this interaction).
Instructor
#10 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

You're right, it's cool.

Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Okay, it wouldn't work. I ticked off "be picked up", "be held", and "be put down" but am I missing something?

But in the interaction itself, there're tests to know if the carried sim is tods or baby. I think it is where it goes bad.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
You're right, it's cool.

But in the interaction itself, there're tests to know if the carried sim is tods or baby. I think it is where it goes bad.

Oh. Okay.