Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:43 AM
Default WCIF a cabinet mod
WCIf a mod to make the cabinets go down with the wall?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th May 2018 at 8:18 AM
Shiftable wall cabinet? http://modthesims.info/d/427723
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aqte
Shiftable wall cabinet? http://modthesims.info/d/427723

Thats interesting but I meant where the cabinets go down with the wall like photos.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:32 PM
Thats what they do...

This fix will allow you to shift all wall cabinets by EA (EP/SP only) up/down the wall, as well as make them go down with walls. This fix also lets you shift island cabinets up/down, but they don't hide when walls down.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th May 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Thats what they do...

This fix will allow you to shift all wall cabinets by EA (EP/SP only) up/down the wall, as well as make them go down with walls. This fix also lets you shift island cabinets up/down, but they don't hide when walls down.

It says both it does and it does, which is it? And isn't it possible to find one without the shifting up and down the walls?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 20th May 2018 at 7:57 AM
The description says that it makes all cabinets shiftable, but only makes the wall cabinets also go down with the walls. Island cabinets, on the other hand, are another type of cabinet and are only made shiftable but don't go down with the wall with the mod. I guess they made island cabinets not go down with the wall because island cabinets don't go on walls and stand/hang in the middle of rooms.

This is a simple edit of the wall placement flags of each cabinet. If you want the island cabinets go down, too, you can open the mod in S3PE and tick the relevant boxes. Just be aware that you will have to do this for every single cabinet and that each cabinet comes with at least 3 instances - end piece, middle piece, corner - and you would have to edit each instance, too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
The description says that it makes all cabinets shiftable, but only makes the wall cabinets also go down with the walls. Island cabinets, on the other hand, are another type of cabinet and are only made shiftable but don't go down with the wall with the mod. I guess they made island cabinets not go down with the wall because island cabinets don't go on walls and stand/hang in the middle of rooms.

This is a simple edit of the wall placement flags of each cabinet. If you want the island cabinets go down, too, you can open the mod in S3PE and tick the relevant boxes. Just be aware that you will have to do this for every single cabinet and that each cabinet comes with at least 3 instances - end piece, middle piece, corner - and you would have to edit each instance, too.

Awesome, thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th May 2018 at 8:55 PM
I think I confused you - when it says "go down with the walls" it means that when you make the walls go down, like when you click the home and end buttons or the walls button on the game interface - the cabinets will disappear along with the walls. I think that's what it means. Maybe I confused myself???
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I think I confused you - when it says "go down with the walls" it means that when you make the walls go down, like when you click the home and end buttons or the walls button on the game interface - the cabinets will disappear along with the walls. I think that's what it means. Maybe I confused myself???

Thats ok, at least we got it in the long run