Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:48 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 10th Jul 2015 at 8:00 AM.
Default Monthly Theme - July
Thank you for participating in our June monthly theme. We received lots of goodies,but it's 1rst of July, so it's time for a new theme - "Around the World".

July Theme - Around the World
Think cultures, travels, crossing the globe in a second. I can't possibly think of anything that wouldn't fit the theme - lots, sims, traditional building sets. Why not make a custom skintone,or a typical region animal?

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see inspirations above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the end of July will receive an achievement sticker (this includes 31rst) - anything uploaded after that date will not compete. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:themeworld. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.

If you have a question about something that is not included in the description above - feel free to ask! If you have other ideas on content that would be in the spirit of this theme, don’t hesitate let us know

We're happy to see the old and the new creators taking part in our theme - 80 uploads so far. Can't wait to see the rest when they are approved from the queue. We had to divide the entries by game,since so many of you took part this month!

June Theme - Maxis Makeover

Sims 2 entries

Julie JNEW BOTTOM MESH - Maxis Shorts with 4to2 Foldover Boots
MichelleBuyable Bookshelf of Education
QahneTwo-Handed Scientist! Default Replacement Mesh
HeartDeco"Woody" ~ Classic Table Radio ~ Developed from a Found "MLF" Object
AysarthOld fashioned compost heap
joandsarah77Ranch Retreat 2BD 1BA Maxis Makeover
CatherineTCJDThe Mole Residence ~ 153 Main Street/ Desiderata Valley
fakepeeps7Much Maxis
marka93Victorian Value 3BR 3BA
triciamanlyBV Mansion Renovated
lidiqnata*Victorian-ish CAS Screen*
joandsarah77Ranch Retreat_Maxis Makeover_Tuscan Starter
Julie JNEW BOTTOM MESH - Maxis Male Shorts with 4to2 HiTop Sneakers
oliverstrahleBV Mansion Refurbished
gummiluttCornerstone Victorian Velvet Drapes in pastel
JustpetroA Friendlier Firmament - Maxis Makeover residence
MetamorpThe Gothic Quarter Boardhouse (No CC) (Maxis Makeover)
dhardenDefault Replacement - "Books First for Learning" + CEP Extra
ekrubynaffit74 Gondola Way - Maxis Makeover
MichelleSouthern Cross and Moon Wall Hangings
MichelleSteadyfast Stairs and Longhorn Balustrade Recolours
DeontaiMaxis Makeover: Ranch Retreat
ekrubynaffit7 Carriage Way - Maxismakover x4
KaORamaMMO - Cozy Co-Op 1br.1ba - No CC
ekrubynaffitNightlife Townhouse - Maxis Makeover
MichelleMAXIS Lost & Found IKEA BASKIS Ceiling Light
SimFusedMAXIS "Lost & Found" IKEA Lights Now Available
AmuraFemale Maxis hair in 18 unnatural colors
N_Fluen$eStylish Setup - Maxis makeover
Hood Building GroupFour Corners (aka Riley's Story): Neighborhood Recreation - No CC - Base Game Compatible
HoneywellWeathered Wood Siding
lauratje86Default Replacements: More "Realistic" Level 10 Positions For Maxis' BaseGame Careers
HugeLunatic"1 by 1" Designer Wall Sconce
cord11NL tiny house redone
N_Fluen$eTeenage Turf - Maxis Makeover
ChisanaAoi70 Middle Lane Makeover
TomoeKimMaxis Makeover: 50 Middle Lane

Sims 3 entries

douglasveigaHarvestable Banana Plant
Sim maniaDecade Overalls For Teen
Sim maniaDecades Layers For Teen
Fergus' MindPerformance Park ~ A Maxis Makeover
tsyokaweThe Monotone Made Over
TuneySky Sauna Community Lot- base game

Sims 4 entries

PSDuckieWin-Tec Model 2000 Recycle Bin
Simmiller***4 Sets of Curtain Recolours***
RayanStarModern Springscape - 4BR-3BA
g1g2athlete career cloths unlocked
IAmDeathExtreme Makeover: Sims Edition - Amber Stein
BaronessTrashDaisy Hovel Remodeled - 3 br; 5 ba (No CC)
g1g2All Sims 3 Wedding Arches Set
kasandroClassic punk-rock bands T-shirts
Boudicca_WarriorQueenStreamlet Single - ThemeMaxis
kasandroTattoos full sleeves/ four styles
Czarina27Bella Goth Makeover
SimmillerThe Meridian Rug 5x5 -- 15 Recolours
SimmillerSnug Rug 15 Recolours
plasticboxSingle-Tile RAW Cookware
plasticboxSmall “Tabula Rasa” End Table
plasticboxRiveting Console Dresser
plasticboxChaz MacFreeling Simple Oval Mirror
plasticboxStackable Crate
kellyhb5Maxis Eyes Overhaul (Default Replacements - 2 Versions)
plasticboxModular Flower Shrubs + Pot
AdonisPlutoTv Galore 2
AdonisPlutoTv Galore 1
AdonisPlutoAudio karaoke-A box for Jamz
AdonisPlutoWall Tune Audio Sytem
SimmillerPrincess Cordelia's Single Bed Modified and Recoloured
SimmillerPrincess Cordelia's Double Bed Modified and Recoloured
SimmillerRustic Sleeper Modified and Recoloured
plasticboxCrick Cabana Overhaul ‒ 3 sizes
plasticbox“Sincerity” Mesh Override ‒ More flexible placement
kasandroStar Wars colorful and funny T-shirts
plasticboxPark Shore Overhaul
plasticboxActivity Chair (for any table)
AdonisPlutoWeirdness Rug
AdonisPlutoRefrigerators
LOolyharb1The Sims 2 Zen Garden Conversion
plasticboxDouble Hung Window Add-Ons
SimmillerEYEBROWS - Default Replacement Eyebrows for Females Teen through Elder

Those who haven't receive a sticker yet(not in the queue) - post here. If we made a mistake of some sort - comment here,so we can edit it. Happy simming!
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 3:58 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 17th Jul 2015 at 7:36 PM.
Dumb question time in 3,2,1...

Edit: j/k
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:35 PM
Hi lidiqnata,

I just wanted to ask whether the group members also get the sticker. Because we uploaded Four Corners together and the group account got the sticker.
But the group members didn't. So, do the group members all also get the sticker or only the group account?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:51 PM
Sorry "Jawusa", we have to manually give the stickers - I'll give them to all now,just tell me which members are there
(marka93, M.M.A.A, Jawusa, CatherineTCJD, CaliBrat,HugeLunatic, litlegothcat13) ?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:52 PM
Yay, sticker! :-D Just a quick query about the June sticker, though - when I mouse over it it says "Maxis Makeover - Uploaded to the March 2015 theme :-D I assume that that's a mistake? Or is it just on my end, somehow?!
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:17 PM
There are 7 members.
And yes, you have mentioned all of them.
CaliBrat, CatherineTCJD, HugeLunatic, Jawusa, litlegothcat13, M.M.A.A. and marka93

Thank you very much!

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:25 PM
litlegothcat13 and CaliBrat don't show up for me as part of that building group,did they join at a later date?
lauratje86 I'll re-check that :D
Trainee Moderator
#8 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:32 PM
The avatar of the group shows when they joined the group.
So the order is:
marka93, M.M.A.A, Jawusa, CatherineTCJD, CaliBrat,HugeLunatic, litlegothcat13

The neighborhoods we have created togehter also don't show up as their creations, which is strange.

My Simblr
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 9:29 PM
Ooh, now I can keep working on the projects I started in June and try to finish them this month, since they work well for both themes.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:52 PM
"Jawusa" everyone should have stickers now. since the two we talked about are not creators yet (did not upload separately) the group project won't show up for them.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 1:34 AM
That new sticker for July looks gorgeous! Just that by itself would be enough to make me come up with something, even if it wasn't an awesome idea in its own right too!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 2:07 AM
Where is the sticker?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Where is the sticker?

You can see it at the bottom of the achievement list in anyone's profile, grayed out. I haven't seen anyone who had it yet, so I can't see it bigger, but I can already tell I love it!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#14 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:37 PM
I think July's challenge sticker is the prettiest, so far (with March's coming in a close second). I love all those colours
in the hundreds of flags. I'm sure there's a metaphor in there regarding the beauty of us earth people all coming together.

Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:39 PM
You guys come up with the right theme at the right time!! OMG, i had just finished some scenery photos that would be fit for this theme! I'm definitely participating this time!!
Trainee Moderator
#16 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 11th Jul 2015 at 3:21 AM.
Hi lidiqnata.

The answer is probably 'No' but I thought it's worth asking...

Anyway, I...(we actually... HBG ) planned on recreating EA's Felicity Island from Castaway Stories for TS2 base game.

I thought a 'castaway' neighborhood would fit quite well for the current monthly theme.
We are actually finished with the neighborhood and wanted to playtest it but I made a mistake at the beginning; I didn't notice it until now and the neighborhood got probably corrupted.
I could honestly weep because of that.

I want to recreate the neighborhood so it's corruption-free but I won't be able to do that now. As I will be away from 11th July to 8th August. But I could start working on this when I'm back home...

It's kind of a 'Changes Required' that needs some more time...

Anyway, do we still get the sticker? Even though it has been uploaded in August?
Could we upload the neighborhood anyway, knowing it is corrupted and request a CR? So we can replace the corrupted neighborhood when we are done recreating it and send it back to the queue? Is that possible?

My Simblr
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#17 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Hi lidiqnata.

The answer is probably 'No' but I thought it's worth asking...

Anyway, I...(we actually... HBG ) planned on recreating EA's Felicity Island from Castaway Stories for TS2 base game.

I thought a 'castaway' neighborhood would fit quite well for the current monthly theme.
We are actually finished with the neighborhood and wanted to playtest it but I made a mistake at the beginning; I didn't notice it until now and the neighborhood got probably corrupted.
I could honestly weep because of that.

I want to recreate the neighborhood so it's corruption-free but I won't be able to do that now. As I will be away from 11th July to 8th August. But I could start working on this when I'm back home...

It's kind of a 'Changes Required' that needs some more time...

Anyway, do we still get the sticker? Even though it has been uploaded in August?
Could we upload the neighborhood anyway, knowing it is corrupted and request a CR? So we can replace the corrupted neighborhood when we are done recreating it and send it back to the queue? Is that possible?
@Jawusa
After discussion with lidiqnata, we have decided that we can't allow you to do that. I had a lot almost ready for the last theme but ran out of time to upload it, so I could've done the same thing you are suggesting and uploaded it and edited it the next day, but I didn't.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Trainee Moderator
#18 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:34 AM
Okay, thank you for your reply. *sigh*

My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 6:19 PM
I uploaded careers of Baseball for teens and adults (seperatly).
I added the tag themeworld.
I suppose that's enough for participating in the theme or do I need to send and application as well?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 7:33 AM Last edited by cord11 : 1st Aug 2015 at 7:54 AM.
that's what I did in the previous themes and it worked.
I hope the lot I uploaded isn't too late, It's still July here for the next 30 mins and the August theme is yet to be announced so....