Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#4151 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:33 PM
In my Asylum Challenge, the 7 non-controllables had nothing that they could autonomously use to build Body skills. But they loved to play catch! So they all went an entire Sim year, playing catch for hours on end, dropping the ball every danged throw. Butterfingers!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#4152 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:46 PM
The turn ons/off part of the attraction system. Sims 2 has the best attraction system of all sims games I have played (I have never played sims 1) but the fact that the turn ons/off are randomly rolled when you start to play a premade family is infuriating.
In my current Veronaville, Romeo had rolled fatness and grey hair for turn ons which lead him to try to flirt with Juliette (because the game forced him to) when he had completely negative attraction with her. So, I think EAxis dropped the ball there very bad because their own sims can not follow the premade/scripted story that exists for them.

Also, I don't really like some of the turn ons/off themselves. So, a sim is attracted to another sim when they wear glasses but when the other sim takes off the glasses to go to sleep (because no one sleeps having their glasses on!) the attraction bolts go down. Or a sim has underwear for a turn on. How can they be attracted to anyone since no one (who is not insane or inappropriate!) walks around in their underwear?
Mad Poster
#4153 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 1:20 AM
To be fair, the turn ons/offs system was introduced with Nightlife, the second EP. Veronaville is a base game neighborhood and turns ons/offs were not available in the base game. EA did take this sort of thing into account in that each premade base game sim should have a bottle of ReNuYu Porta-Chug in their inventory just so you can adjust their turn ons/offs to fit their storyline and match up to the characteristics of any spouses or love interests that they may have.

There are mods that change what turn ons/offs are available if you don't like the Eaxis ones (which are broken anyway ). The two that I know of are these

Attraction Traits Fix by tunaisafish - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=318327

New Turn Ons by Simler90 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=609675
Mad Poster
#4154 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 7:31 AM
They can also buy ReNuYu Porta-Chug from the gypsy if they don't have it in their inventory.
Alchemist
#4155 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
The sims constantly playing catch! With quick google, i couldn't find hack for disabling that. It would be okay if they did it sometimes, but my sims do it constantly! I want more interesting interactions!

There's No autonomous Seasons outdoor games by jordi and Play Sanity Fixes by twojeffs

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#4156 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 3:53 PM
Rod Humble. When he comes at my sims' door and I see his blank face, I know it is time....to sell the cursed computer and get some "Kaching".

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Scholar
#4157 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 6:53 PM
There's barely any safe way to permanently get rid of your unwanted other then turning them into a townie or the harder and more permanent way with SimPE and even then you might wind up messing up your neighborhood if you had done something wrong. That's pretty much my main pet peeve with this game.
Mad Poster
#4158 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 6:59 PM
Well, if you kill them, remove all family ties and memories of them, and then move their grave to a lot that nobody visits (or delete it if you have nounlinkondelete), they're good as gone.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#4159 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Well, if you kill them, remove all family ties and memories of them, and then move their grave to a lot that nobody visits (or delete it if you have nounlinkondelete), they're good as gone.

How do you sever family ties and remove memories toward them and wouldn't that cause neighborhood corruption?
Mad Poster
#4160 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 8:05 PM
I use Aaroneous's Sim Manipulator and Memory Manipulator. It won't corrupt the neighbourhood.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4161 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:36 AM
Trying to place beach lots. "Oh wait, maybe I wanted a bigger lot instead of two smaller ones..." *bulldozes lot* *no beach lot of any size can be placed in that spot (or any of the surrounding area) ever, ever again till the end of time*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4163 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:30 AM
@Rosawyn If you have Freetime you can use the modifyneighborhoodterrain cheat to correct the terrain so that you can place beach lots again.
Mad Poster
#4164 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you have Freetime you can use the modifyneighborhoodterrain cheat to correct the terrain so that you can place beach lots again.
I was trying to use that cheat for the first time tonight, and I guess I'm still way too much of a noob, because no matter what I did, it didn't help. That's good to know it's possible, tho!
Undead Molten Llama
#4165 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I was trying to use that cheat for the first time tonight, and I guess I'm still way too much of a noob, because no matter what I did, it didn't help. That's good to know it's possible, tho!

Your best bet is to simply flatten the beach area entirely. Empty beach lots will always place on a flattened area, assuming that the other requirements are met. The bonus is that any flattened lot you build can then, in the future, be re-used on any other terrain that also has flattened beach areas. If you want beaches with cliffs and houses built into cliffs and stuff? Yeah, those are a pain. And while they're pretty and all, they're often not enjoyable to play, anyway, since Sims are so dang fussy about interacting with each other if they're standing on a slope. I just can't be bothered anymore. FLATTEN ALL THE BEACHES! Heck, I flatten all buildable areas, period, because the "Sorry, I can't manage to figure out how to talk to you because you're standing a click higher than me!" thing really bugs the snot outta me. (So hey, there's a pet peeve of mine!)

(Tutorial for flattening beach areas here, BTW: http://vimpse.tumblr.com/flatbeachlot It's easy. Even as a n00b with the cheat, you'll be able to do it easily.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4166 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Your best bet is to simply flatten the beach area entirely. Empty beach lots will always place on a flattened area, assuming that the other requirements are met. The bonus is that any flattened lot you build can then, in the future, be re-used on any other terrain that also has flattened beach areas. If you want beaches with cliffs and houses built into cliffs and stuff? Yeah, those are a pain. And while they're pretty and all, they're often not enjoyable to play, anyway, since Sims are so dang fussy about interacting with each other if they're standing on a slope. I just can't be bothered anymore. FLATTEN ALL THE BEACHES! Heck, I flatten all buildable areas, period, because the "Sorry, I can't manage to figure out how to talk to you because you're standing a click higher than me!" thing really bugs the snot outta me. (So hey, there's a pet peeve of mine!)

(Tutorial for flattening beach areas here, BTW: http://vimpse.tumblr.com/flatbeachlot It's easy. Even as a n00b with the cheat, you'll be able to do it easily.)
I don't know how exactly, but following that tutorial just ruined the terrain entirely and I can't place beach lots at all, again. I've already deleted and re-started this brand new empty hood 3 times, and I guess I'll have to do it again? I should have just gone with weird lumpy/wavy beach lots like the game obviously intends.
Undead Molten Llama
#4167 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I don't know how exactly, but following that tutorial just ruined the terrain entirely and I can't place beach lots at all, again. I've already deleted and re-started this brand new empty hood 3 times, and I guess I'll have to do it again? I should have just gone with weird lumpy/wavy beach lots like the game obviously intends.

I suspect something happened to the terrain when you bulldozed the beach lots you had initially placed. I was hoping that flattening might "reset" whatever it was, but I guess not. I could certainly be wrong, but I'm guessing something got "stuck" when bulldozing the lot and the game thinks the spot is still occupied for some reason, which is why you can't place lots there. Stuff happens sometimes, but it sucks that you're having this much trouble. But, I guess it's good that it's brand new?

I try to remember to make a copy of the neighborhood I'm screwing around with whenever I bulldoze something or place a bunch of lots or play around with the modifyneighborhoodterrain cheat, just in case I FUBAR things, which I occasionally do when I get experimental...but I don't always remember to do that and I have to start over or restore a much older backup and then I have re-playing to do. It's really frustrating, and I sympathize.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#4168 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
It's really frustrating, and I sympathize.

It is! But I re-started the whole hood again, and this time with the fresh untouched hood, the tutorial worked and now I've got 4 apparently working smooth, flat beach lots. And this time I guess won't have to carefully hand paint sand onto the non-beach, beach-adjacent lots (so they don't look really silly for being right next to the beach), since those lots can now just be proper beaches too. Anyway, thanks so much for the help and for linking the tutorial! It took me a bit, but I did finally get it!

Edit: But seriously, learning to geneticize eyes was a lot easier than this!
Undead Molten Llama
#4169 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:54 PM
YAY! I'm glad it worked for you!

Mad Poster
#4170 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

=
why do you have to do all that? If you want to kill off a playable, there are LOTS of ways to make um dead. I usually move their graves AFTER they've spawned a ghost, then move the grave to a community lot. I have a CC gun that I have certain Sims use to kill townies.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4171 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:35 PM
Rooflines that pass through walls when you don't want them to.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#4172 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:07 AM
"Cannot be placed on roads." I'm not trying to place it on the road; I'm trying to place it beside the road.
Inventor
#4173 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 7th Oct 2018 at 1:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pebblerocker
Vending machines! I'm almost at the point of ripping them out of all community lots that have them. I'm so tired of everyone congregating in front of the vending machine and stamping their feet. Sims don't bother to check whether the vending machine is already in use before deciding they desperately have to use it; once they've finished staring into it, they stand right in front of it instead of walking away, making the next sim stamp and cause pile-ups.

Come to think of it, surely someone's modded the vending machines not to advertise so strongly, or not to be fun any more? Or even disable the "browse" interaction, so that sims can buy a bag of chips if they're hungry but won't think staring through the glass at junk food is a bigger draw than playing pool or meeting anyone.

Have you tried this mod yet? I have it, and it works. Sims no longer gaze at the vending machines endlessly; they walk up, buy something promptly and walk away to devour their purchase.

It also meant a lot of trash lying around one of my dorms after the cafeteria worker got stuck off-world, I didn't Batbox her back to work in a timely manner and the dormies all got hungry because my student couldn't man the ShinyTyme stove all the time. But that's one nice thing about having a dorm with trash cans, compost bins and garden plots: Post-snack trash from other students becomes free compost, then healthier garden veggies, then sparkly munchies.

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
You need a mod that lets you have more than 8 people living in your household.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640

Here ya go. It's not the one I use, so I haven't tried it. But google hates me today and won't let me find mine.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like downloading and installing a mod and/or you want to be able to easily change the numbers yourself, you can also create or edit the userStartup.cheat file (under the Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 [or The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, or equivalent] > Config subdirectory) with Notepad, then edit in any cheat codes that you want TS2 to start up with every time you start TS2 itself. To increase the maximum numbers of Sims, pets and visitors, add these lines to userStartup.cheat:

uintProp maxTotalSims [however many total Sims and pets you want in a household, at maximum]
uintProp maxTotalHumans [however many Sims you want in a household, tops]
uintProp maxTotalPets [however many dogs and cats you want in a household, tops]
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [however many Sims you want dropping in or being invited to your Simmy parties, tops]

My game has maxTotalHumans set to 15, maxTotalPets set to 15 and maxTotalSims set to 30 (because I'd guess that it's bad voodoo if you don't make TotalHumans + TotalPets = TotalSims), as well as maxNumOfVisitingSims set to 12. My Sims tend to throw some pretty massive parties.

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Field Researcher
#4174 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Have you tried this mod yet? I have it, and it works. Sims no longer gaze at the vending machines endlessly; they walk up, buy something promptly and walk away to devour their purchase.

I happened to be on the site just minutes after that vending machine mod went up, and I was delighted to see someone had made just what I was after! Can confirm it works well in my game, too. Now my townies are playing basketball with each other, hanging out, and not causing massive traffic jams any more.
Forum Resident
#4175 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:13 AM
Why are there grills on all the premade uni lots? Would you trust the average university student with raw meat and fire? Would you trust them with raw meat and fire at the historic music hall?

I'm slowly redesigning all the lots and OMG so many grills. I don't even think we were allowed grills in campus housing when I went.
Page 167 of 274