Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 7:59 AM
I'm using Photoshop.

This is how my multiplyer looks in my psd file:

and the alpha channel:

but after the image is saved as DXT5 and I open it again, the alpha channel looks exactly like the normal multiplyer at the top!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 9:01 AM
The pic of your alpha is missing. I don't use Photoshop and don't know how much I can help, but if you can do a grab of the full photoshop screen including the layers panel I'll see if I spot anything.

Edit: Okay, the pic of your alpha showed up. Still would like to see the layers panel. And maybe you could upload the .dds file so I can take a look?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#78 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 11:16 AM
Did you add the alpha channel yourself in PS?
If so did you name it correct(alpha 1)
Test Subject
#79 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 9:31 AM
Here is the screenshot of my channels tab before saving in DXT5:

and here is the dds file after saving in DXT5: download
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#80 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 2:27 PM
Strange. In GIMP I can paste your image into the alpha and save, and the change is still there when I re-open. Are you sure you didn't flatten the image or something before saving?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 9:15 AM
I've tried with and without flattening the image before saving, it's always the same. Could it be a problem with how I save it?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#82 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:50 PM
Is there an option that says DXT5 and ARGB? Try all the other formats that say DXT5. The DXT5_NM (I think) is used for normal maps and copies the red channel into the alpha.

Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 2:43 PM
I used the other DXT5 format and now the alpha is correct! However, it still looks the same ingame :/ So, here is my whole package file: download
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#84 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 3:27 PM
The shader in the meshes is set to CasSimHair, not CasSimHairSimple as in the tutorial. I tested a lot of shaders back when I did this and CasSimHairSimple worked best.

Test Subject
#85 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 8:32 AM Last edited by skeets : 21st Nov 2013 at 9:40 AM.
I wanted to use the CasSimHairSimple, but I can't find it in the list?

Lakeside Saddlery (sims 3 horse cc)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#86 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 2:04 PM
If you're using the SimGEOM editor by Delphy, it's in the list of shaders. If you're using s3pe, it's not there. But I tried CasSimHairSimple and it didn't make any difference. I'll have to see what else I can find.

Test Subject
#87 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 2:11 PM
I used the SimGEOM editor and the shader isn't there.

Thank you for looking in to this!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#88 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 11:47 PM
It's there, just hard to find in a long list.

I've tried several things, with no luck. I suspect pet meshes render differently from human ones and the same method just won't work,or possibly pet CASPs are different in some way. It might be worth trying making a clone of a human accessory and reclassifying it as a pet accessory, and/or making this as hooves, which work like hair.

Test Subject
#89 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 9:35 AM
I was afraid it just wasn't possible with pet accessories. That's too bad. I'll try around some more, thank you so much for your time, it is really appreciated

Test Subject
#90 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 11:00 AM
Sorry for my bad english.
I very new, like an baby with MEshing , Milkshape , Gimp , and texture.
I already readed many tutorial about meshing especially this post.
I try it but with and new way.( way for creating a mesh with Cmar toolkit and TSWR, S3pe)
have 2 Meshes. 1 is a body and one is a Dress body( Dress empire sun body)
I nearly finish it , the prolem i have is the underwear mesh.
My prolem is underwear mesh use texture which is used for the dress. So in game and in TSWR ,it like my sim wear a tight suit has same skin of the dress ( but tight). My Dress still there , transpanrecy.=> like wears 2 clothes.
So what is my prolem . ???
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#91 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 12:21 AM
I'm afraid that's one of the major problems with transparent clothing. In order for the dress texture to not appear on the body underneath, you have to move the dress mesh to another part of the UV map. This tutorial talks about it. You need to learn more about UV mapping and move the dress part to an unused part of the texture. You'll probably have to shrink it on the UV map too.

Test Subject
#92 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm afraid that's one of the major problems with transparent clothing. In order for the dress texture to not appear on the body underneath, you have to move the dress mesh to another part of the UV map. This tutorial talks about it. You need to learn more about UV mapping and move the dress part to an unused part of the texture. You'll probably have to shrink it on the UV map too.

Thank you for your answer , i have very confused about UV map, and texture. Starting to learn now XD
Test Subject
#93 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:49 PM
I have some prolem . That prolem is how i can match the body mesh breast size with clothes mesh. IN TSRW , when i check fit , fat , normal , thin => it all ok ,but when i go in CAS the breast's size, which i scale to maximum, make body out of the clothes , mean some part of the clothes is covered by skin or behind the breasts make it very awkward. it happen only between moderate and maximum breast size. Can somebody tell me a tip ??
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#94 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 6:26 PM
This is another common problem with layered meshes and is discussed in the tutorial. You have to make sure the bone assignments in the transparent mesh match the bone assignments in the body as closely as possible.

Test Subject
#95 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 6:49 PM
can i use Mesh toolkit ->auto bone assignments Reference is Body mesh and modified mess is dress mesh
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#96 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 8:32 PM
Yes, but you'll need to fix the bone assignments down the centre line of the skirt yourself - otherwise your sim's skirt will split in two when she walks.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#97 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 4:09 AM
Can I:
bone assignment with reference is body with dress mesh
then i seperate top and bottom.
I use fraken in toolkit to combine mesh top (with bone body assignment) and (bot with original bone assignment)=> is it work ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#98 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 5:47 AM
It would be faster and better to use the actual body mesh that's underneath the dress as your reference and manually adjust the middle of the skirt as Nysha said. You could try splitting the dress the way you describe but you'll have to weld the vertices at the waist when you put it back together so you don't get a gap in animations, and you'll probably have to make new morphs.

Test Subject
#99 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 6:41 AM Last edited by kailost : 1st Jan 2014 at 12:16 PM.
^ So if i do like Nysha said . On bottom of the dress i just to fix the bone assignments down the centre line=> mean fix the seam seperate the dress while i turn on Draw vertices bone colors?Do i just fix the mid line( on line or 3 line , one in mid and 2 stay by side)?
"fix" mean i use Unimesh tool Normal Data Merge and Vertex Data Merge with Tutorial is LV3 Unimesh?

PS: project is in final stage( fix texture with transparent is confuse me now , a little)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#100 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 1:40 PM
You'd have to fix the bone/joint assignments.

Looking at the dress above, it seems to be tight on the upper body and doesn't need a separate transparent mesh there. You could consider using only the body mesh down to the waist or hips. It would be tricky to match up the texture, though. Or duplicate and enlarge the upper body for the dress and attach a skirt to it. You'd have to make the morphs again, though.

Page 4 of 5