Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:49 AM Last edited by Klaartje : 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:04 PM.
Default Monthly Theme - April
Thank you for participating in our 'Day at the Beach'-monthly theme! Now that April has arrived - it's time for our new theme. As they say: "April showers bring May flowers" and it's quite a fitting name for this theme. With the Earth day, Earth hour and Earth awareness it's time we bring this through in our games as well.

April Theme - Eco/Environmental friendly or simply green living
Think Green. Anything related goes in this theme - from lots hidden in the forest to clothing from recycled materials. Don't forget the fantasy creatures living in the woods on pure solar energy!
As always, you will receive a theme-appropriate, handmade participation sticker for your efforts. This month's theme and sticker have been brought to you by the lovely Lidiqnata!

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see inspirations above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the 30th of April and after the announcement will receive an achievement sticker. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:themegreen.This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.

These are the creators and their creations that participated in last month's theme:
Those who are still in the queue,will be added once they are approved
ApolloHerpDerpIdyllic 'Ideaway - 1br 1ba
CharmfulSandy Beaches Camp
DeestarA Day at the Beach by Arelenriel
Mr. MayhemS.O.A. Boardshorts Pack
joandsarah77House Boat-Tropicana-No CC
CatherineTCJDThe $6-Million-Dollar House ~ A Beach House on a Beach Lot
MichelleAdele's Worn Beach Set Recoloured
efolger997Beach Bungalow
porkypineHawaiian Prints
porkypineHawaiian Print Surf Shorts for your female sims
iCadNew England Beach House
mayasimsWet Blue Speedo Bathingsuit
AmuraBrisa [beach style house] NO CC
tsyokaweDinky Dwellings: Beach Bum Shanty
NymphetamineKnotty Paintings
PanAm103Low Country Beach House
Ninjababe09Bikini Beach
gummiluttFuntopia
AmuraKairikufuu](Asian style beach house) NO CC
Michellekativip's Boat - Overturned and Recoloured
dhardenDefault replacement - BG bikinis for AF + custom recolors
DeatherellaFruit Punch Beach Wear
Mia200The Maroubra - 3BR/2.5BA
KataiOpen Aloha Shirts for Men
KarenLorraineSurfpoint Apartments
lidiqnata*African prints on swimsuits*
lauratje86Seaside Worker Career for Teens & Elders
Fergus' MindGrey Gardens
justJonesBeach Mini Set
artruiBeach house: Dreamingwater (Visions 1-3)
planetcheeseCoco Beach Cottage - Vacation Home

Everyone of you should have received their participation sticker by now, unless your upload is still in queue in which case the queue mods will get to it as soon as they can. Disclaimer: I tend to do too many things at once. If by any chance I've missed your upload, didn't add it to the table, didn't give you a sticker, please post and I will fix it.
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 10:35 AM
Klaartje and I were chatting and thought there might be some inspiration needed - so here we go for ECO INSPIRATION brought to you by Klaartje and Kiri. There's plenty here for meshers, retexturers, recolourers, builders, and more!

Ecological is about being kind to the planet, and in the olden days when I was young it was summed up in "Reuse, Recycle, Reduce". Nowadays it has other words too - Organic, upcycle, sustainable, carbon footprints, genetic diversity, environmental issues to name but a few.

Wiki - Sustainable Living
Wiki - Earth Day

Some other Words to inspire:
  • Natural Fibres
  • harvest-able fruit and vegetables
  • wind turbines (functional)
  • Organic Farms
  • Urban Gardening
  • Reduced meat foods - vegetarian and vegan meals
  • bikes, mopeds, roller-skates
  • water conservation
  • small house living
  • recycling - bins, institutions, etc
  • biofuel
  • up-cycling

All of these words are good for Google searches - images. :D

But here are some images to inspire!

Blog post on Living Structures

Some ideas for people who retexture or recolour
  • Sims 2 Walls and floors in sustainable materials
  • Recolouring Eco stuff that has already been done (thinking especially of the suitcase chair) :D
  • Sims 3 patterns in sustainable materials
  • Clothing made from cotton, linen, and natural materials.
  • Posters promoting Eco awareness

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 5:02 PM
Cool theme!

I have some farms which may fit quite well but I think I'm gonna try building something on purpose for the challenge.
Let's see if I can come up with something :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 7:44 PM
I love this theme, I have a floor plan I've been meaning to simify for years which will be perfect for this. I better go dig out my old plan notebook and get the game fired up

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:58 PM
I guess I should have been more explicit about this, but of course only uploads that have been uploaded after the theme has been posted will qualify...
Something that has been sitting in your WIP-folder for years but has not been uploaded to MTS yet is of course fine :D
This is a general announcement and not addressed directly at the people above me, just to be sure I'm not stepping on any toes.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Klaartje
I guess I should have been more explicit about this, but of course only uploads that have been uploaded after the theme has been posted will qualify...
Something that has been sitting in your WIP-folder for years but has not been uploaded to MTS yet is of course fine :D
This is a general announcement and not addressed directly at the people above me, just to be sure I'm not stepping on any toes.

My apologies for not understanding this! The tag has been removed. Good luck to those who participate!
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 3:35 AM
I've thought of some lot ideas:
* Eco cafe or coffee shop
* Green living/fair trade clothing store
* Eco/recycled park
* Green living loft/apartment
* Green living cabin
* Organic farm
* Commune
* Campground
* "Mini" house
* Organic gardens
* Sustainable energy center - wind farm, solar panels, dam, etc.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squircle
My apologies for not understanding this! The tag has been removed. Good luck to those who participate!

No worries! My apologies for not making this clear from the get-go.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 7:45 PM
Allright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 7:57 PM
Hmmm... I failed to come up with a satisfying beach lot last month, but I'm gonna try this month too! Plant nursery? National Park? Off-the-grid living? How will I choose!? AAAAA!!!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 12:06 PM
How do you do participate? I wanna!
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XavierS2002
How do you do participate? I wanna!

Upload something here through Create > Upload Items and tag it with 'themegreen'
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 3:02 PM
Ooooh, this may lead to me first foray into lot building (for upload, that is). I have so many ideas! :-) Exciting! :-D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:45 PM Last edited by jacobc62 : 7th Apr 2015 at 7:42 AM.
Hm.... I think I'll participate in one of these for once! I already have several ideas running through my head!

*EDIT* BTW, I uploaded my submission but didn't see anywhere to add tags.... Are those to be added on later?
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 12:55 PM
No - you use "add search tags" when uploading or when this is approved,you can just edit your upload and add the tags.
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 7:52 PM
If I have a large amount of wall sets that are of the same nature -- they are all made from the same type of "material" so to speak, should I upload them all together or break it up into separate posts since there are over 20 of the required pics of each wall set and then I have a swatch for each wall set, but I thought I could shrink them down and lump them together into as few group pics as possible.
How shall I do this?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:16 PM
@Deatherella, you are allowed up to 100 pics for upload. So it just depends how many sets you have. If it's say 4 sets with 20 pics each, you are good. If not, you can collage them, or maybe take a larger pic of 2 or 3 styles on one long stretch of wall (still making sure to show at least 3 tiles of each, so let's say 3 styles, 3 tiles each, 9 tiles of wall total). If that helps and makes sense.
Scholar
#18 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 6:04 AM
@justJones:
It makes sense. I just didn't know if you all wanted me to do up an upload that had tons of pics. I have corner shots with 10 or so tiles showing of each wall set. I have 16 sets with one to four tiles per set and some of the sets have more than one style (ie, two different colors of moulding trim). And I have swatches for each set. I was thinking of shrinking those and collaging them altogether in as few pics as possible. I think it's like 60 or so wall panels in the whole works. That's why I didn't know if I should break it up into more than one upload post.
I guess I will start resizing wall-tile swatches and turning png's into jpg's since whenever I take a screenshot, the png gadwin pumps out is over a mb to start with.

Thanks for your help.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:48 AM
There is a lot I have been meaning to build, let's hope many others do not have the same idea.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#20 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 10:58 AM
Glad to see the interest in this theme
I am building a lot as well, hopefully will have the time to upload at least 2 while the month is still running!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:05 AM
I might as well join in!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:56 PM
oh well when the sticker come .already posted a creation for greentheme
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:03 PM
Please,note that the stickers are handed by moderators and we don't check for new theme posts every day. I've added your sticker,but please be more patient
Inventor
#24 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:03 PM
I know what I want to make for this! After looking at the TS4 build mode, I noticed that there is one glaring omission: there are no recycling bins! So, I think I'm going to make the Windows 95 Recycle Bin for Sims 4. Why Windows 95 and not a later version? Because I feel like making the Windows 95 one!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 5:48 PM
If I make a lot can I use cc?
Page 1 of 2