Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Gravestone Not Appearing on a Rezoned Community Lot
Title pretty much says it all. I downloaded The Old Meetinghouse from Strangetown DS by simlishnoir and rezoned it to a community lot. I've deleted the residential mailbox and trashcan, and placed down a community lot public phone and trashcan in their stead. The problem is now that I've tried to move a gravestone, the interaction will work as normal, but when entering the Old Meetinghouse lot the gravestone is nowhere to be found. I kept respawning the tombstone and eventually gave up and moved the gravestone to another public cemetery (which was always a community lot) and it appeared just fine. Did I do something wrong when switching the zoning of the lot, is there something I'm missing?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 3:38 AM
It was probably changing the lot zoning that did it. Graves are *technically* sims, and you shouldn't change the lot zoning when someone's living there. The next time you do something like this, I recommend temporarily moving graves to another residential before rezoning and then moving them back to the community lot using the in-game "move grave" option.

♫ I'm on a ride, and I wanna get off, but they won't slow down the roundabout :| ♫
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
It was probably changing the lot zoning that did it. Graves are *technically* sims, and you shouldn't change the lot zoning when someone's living there. The next time you do something like this, I recommend temporarily moving graves to another residential before rezoning and then moving them back to the community lot using the in-game "move grave" option.

I'm a bit confused by what you're saying? It wasn't a residential lot when I sent the graves to the lot, and no sims had lived there previously before I rezoned it, it was fresh out of the bin. It had already been rezoned to community when I tried to send the graves there. Is it not possible to send graves to a rezoned community lot?