Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 3:27 AM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 23rd Jul 2023 at 4:25 AM.
Default Cassandre Moroccan Fountain
Hope this is the correct forum for this question.
Here are two links for the Cassandre Moroccan Fountain :

https://simscave.mustbedestroyed.or...p?topic=37596.0

https://www.simfileshare.net/download/2257930/

https://natdreamsims.com/index.php/...ara-the-sims-2/
This is where I found some more photos of the fountain.

I already have the Murano Millenium Reflective Glass Floors.

Is there anyone who takes requests ?
Or, maybe tell me how to do this myself ?

I will post photos of the fountain.

The first three pics are from the site where the fountain was downloaded.

The last three pics are how it looks in my game.

There is supposed to be a surface similar to the in-game pool; from the first photos of the pool uploaded by its' creator.

But in the game, it is a scrolling hot tub-like water effect.

This effect is extremely pixellated and blocky, and if possible I'd like to remove it ?

I wanted to keep the smaller mini fountain in the middle that looks like it is centered in a shallow bowl.

But if not, all of the middle smaller fountain can be removed & just the fountain border left.

Thank you in advance for any advice or pointing me to a person who takes requests ?
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 5:06 AM
If you want the fountain to look like in the pictures, you need to have reflections and shaders enabled in your game. Most likely, the effects are part of that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you want the fountain to look like in the pictures, you need to have reflections and shaders enabled in your game. Most likely, the effects are part of that.

Thanks, I thought I already did ?
If there is something else I need to do, could you let me know what other options I needed to change, thanks again.
I have all of the graphic settings at the highest, in-game.

The smaller fountain in the middle with the shallow bowl looks and works fine.

It's the rest of the inside surface on top.

The floor or terrain that I choose does show through.
The 'hot tub' effect does not look like the photos of the original --which appears to look like the surface of the pool, only clear ?

The Murano millenium floors would actually not be needed if the surface of this fountain is reflective like the pool water ?

But I did try the glassy reflective flooring underneath just to see if the pixellation was gone and only the pool surface remaining.
Nope.
I checked with a pool on the same lot and the pool looks normal and has the reflections appearing correctly.

Sorry if I'm explaining this in a confusing way.
I included some links so if someone else would like to download and try it out in-game they can.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 3:45 PM
Can you take a picture of how a regular pool looks in your game? Preferably with some trees or something like that reflecting on the surface? It's just to figure out what your actual settings are.

If the pool doesn't have a reflective surface, and/or doesn't have a ripple effect, shaders aren't enabled.
Same with cars. If you don't get a reflective surface on cars, you don't have shaders enabled.

Some settings need to be activated either in the GraphicRules file or in the UserStartup file, or (only temporarily) as a cheat.

For the temporary one, you can try
boolProp UseShaders true
(changing true to false turns it off - it is possible you'll get some graphical glitches, as not all computers/setups can handle the cheat - and some setups need some additional fixing for shaders to look good).

(I'll have a look at the original when I next go ingame)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 9:04 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 25th Jul 2023 at 6:07 PM.
Looks like the water animations for the pool, and car reflections are ok ?
The pool has the gently undulating surface and reflects the walls and trees.
The car windows reflect the tree in front of it.

The water effect like the above photos in my first post; are continuously scrolling or moving in one direction across the Moroccan fountain.

But the photos from the original fountain look like a pool surface; without the actual pool depth, of course.
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 6:13 PM
If anyone is interested, they san go to the link if they want, download the fountain, and see what I'm describing ?

It's not a game-breaker; but if there's a way to disable the 'flowing hot tub' effect on the fountain's surface, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Even better, if I can figure out how to replace it with the water effect in the swimming pool, (so that it looks like the fountains' original photos) that would be great !
Again, I do have the reflective glass floor add-ons from Murano; but placing the Moroccan fountain on it does not remove the flowing hot tub water effect ?
I've tried it with, and without, the Murano flooring.
The Murano flooring works fine otherwise in-game and does not need any tweaking.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

" Inama Nushif "