Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 3:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim has disappeared from everything but family loading screen
Hi everyone,

I've never had a Sims 2 issue as baffling as this and would really appreciate any thoughts or ideas! It's kind of a long story so please bear with me!
I've experienced a glitch where if one of my Sims marries an Apartment Life NPC and adds him/her to their household, the former NPC will still spawn on apartment lots and try to move in. In fact, SEVERAL of them will try to move in! Example: My Sim (Catherine) married an Apartment Life Sim (Alvin) and he became a part of her household. I tried to move another Sim (Lindsay) into an apartment and suddenly up to 10 Alvin clones spawn on the lot! It's super weird. To deal with this I'll usually just use moveobjects to delete all of the clones on Lindsay's lot or just ignore them. It has never affected the "real" Alvin who now lives on a lot with my Sim, Catherine.
I had the same exact problem with another former Apartment Life NPC. He kept spawning on another Sim's apartment lot so I deleted all of his clones, mostly because if there's too many of them the game lags. But now when I try to play the lot where he lives with his spouse (on of my Sims), he's gone! He's still in the family picture on the loading screen but he has no icon to speak of. His wife cannot call him on the phone and he doesn't show up under her acquaintances. I tried to use the InSimenator to "summon" him but he's not there. It's like he doesn't exist anymore.

I'm super confused and have no idea what else to try. I'm open to almost any suggestions.
Thank you in advance,
-Puff
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:58 AM
If I understand correctly Alvin is the landlord.
Try mootilda's hoodchecker http://modthesims.info/d/456523
But first of all did you backup your game before it all happened?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 1:53 AM
I've had the clone issue in the past when marrying a townie who lived in an apartment unit. I had to use the batbox to fix bad apartment residencies and it ended up fixing it. Alternatively, I always keep copies of the apartment lots I place in my neighborhood in my lot bin, so if anything weird starts happening I can replace the lot with an exact copy of itself, but fresh.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 10:35 PM
Try moving them out and try running Hood Checker, but if he has gone it's a sign of corruption.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:30 AM
It sounds like he's probably stuck off world. Try using the bat box to "retrieve missing sim", maybe?