Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:56 AM
Default Adding Shine/Reflection to Glass Fence?
I made a glass fence and gate set, but I'm having no luck getting the items to match. I want both the fence and gate to have a shiny reflection, but its only showing on the gate. I've entered identical shader properties for both objects, but the fence (glass for fence) produces no shine or reflection, while the gate (glass for objects) does. I notice the maxis glass fence has no shine/reflection, nor do any of the custom glass fences I've come across. Is adding reflection to fences impossible?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 2:13 PM
Hrm reflection is a touch one. There's a 'shininess' in-shader option so to speak, but I haven't really tested that one. What you could do however is maybe check out that reflection floor, see what options they used to make the floor reflective and use those shader options? Do keep in mind that not all options are supported by the actual shader (Like for example, simskin doesn't support AlphaMaskThreshold). So that's something I'd focus on
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 2:50 PM
i believe these are the options

GlassForFences
Id Name Type
0xE77A2B60 AlphaMaskThreshold Float
0x637DAA05 Diffuse Float3
0x2D4E507E DiffuseUVScale Float2
0xFB66A8CB FresnelOffset Float
0xF755F7FF Shininess Float
0x9554D40F SpecStyle Float
0x2CE11842 Specular Float3
0x05D22FD3 Transparency Float
0x420520E9 UVScales Float3

i tried shininess at both 20 and 22, and the specular set to 255, but i didn't get any shine or reflection, just flat transparency.