Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM
Default Making Sims Walk: Help Required.
Hello everyone!
I'm working on a secret project again...
This thread will be for me to ask various help requests while I work. Firstly, how do I view a sim's Flags 1? These are the complicated flags and not just Fit Fat etc.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:22 AM
If you want to monitor any data of a particular sim in game. While working on the amorous motive for A&N I needed to be able to dynamically see what was going on so I have a controller that monitors and displays that motive on a chosen sim, it can easily be converted to display any data. Is there a particular flag or flags you want to see or would you prefer to see the decimal value of the flags 1 and work out for yourself which of the flags are set?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
If you want to monitor any data of a particular sim in game. While working on the amorous motive for A&N I needed to be able to dynamically see what was going on so I have a controller that monitors and displays that motive on a chosen sim, it can easily be converted to display any data. Is there a particular flag or flags you want to see or would you prefer to see the decimal value of the flags 1 and work out for yourself which of the flags are set?

I'd like to see all the values of the flags in one go, can you also include any flag spaces without any flags for that space (As in the list goes from dec. 0x0000 -> 0x0010 but 0x0009 and 0x0010 are blank, and you include those blank spots, I need to see the whole entire list.)?

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:55 AM
CJH_DiagnosticBonsai.zip (1.6kb). A simple clone of basegame's bonsai plant and found in the same place for the same price as the original. It will have an option to 'Track Data on.../(sim name)' once started it'll have an option to Stop Tracking Sim.

I assume you mean PersonData Flags 1, if not it is very easy to change what and how is shown. Those flags go from hex (0x preceding the number denotes hex) 0x0000 to 0x0010 and SimPE has no value (which doesn't mean the game doesn't use them) for 0x000D, 0x000E and 0x000F. So I've set the diagnostic tool to display the 'raw' value (which the game will display in decimal) as well as the 3 unused flags. The text notice is updated every 10 ticks and since the game is slow to display text there's probably no point updating quicker than that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:08 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 24th Feb 2018 at 6:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
CJH_DiagnosticBonsai.zip (1.6kb). A simple clone of basegame's bonsai plant and found in the same place for the same price as the original. It will have an option to 'Track Data on.../(sim name)' once started it'll have an option to Stop Tracking Sim.

I assume you mean PersonData Flags 1, if not it is very easy to change what and how is shown. Those flags go from hex (0x preceding the number denotes hex) 0x0000 to 0x0010 and SimPE has no value (which doesn't mean the game doesn't use them) for 0x000D, 0x000E and 0x000F. So I've set the diagnostic tool to display the 'raw' value (which the game will display in decimal) as well as the 3 unused flags. The text notice is updated every 10 ticks and since the game is slow to display text there's probably no point updating quicker than that.

Alright... I'm very inexperienced with BHAVs and I don't know if what I'm doing will work in the end, but at least I'll get some experience.
So, if I set PersonFlags1 to 0x000D:0x01 and then go and try and read that somewhere, would that work? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but only now through questioning and experimenting am I learning to use BHAVs.

Also, I've been looking at a BHAV... Inside one of the functions it's labelled "Turn On/Off - Cache Personal Traits (1 arg: Sim ID=My 0x000B (object id))" Does this refer to Turn Ons/Offs or something else?

And also, in the same BHAV there is something called a Generic Sims Call. I presume these are scripted events, how would I go and make this myself?

Scholar
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:15 PM
The global op-code 'Turn On/Off - Cache Personal Traits' updates a sim's attraction traits and should be run whenever anything occurs that may change the sim's attraction traits like changing outfit or getting a promotion. A Generic Sims Call is pretty much a direct call to the game's executable not to a script, they pass temps as parameters and can be very powerful.