Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#501 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 10:49 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to add ports (for houseboats) into this world?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#502 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blinkers
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to add ports (for houseboats) into this world?

Yes, you can either add lots on the water's edge or in the water in the in game editor or you can add new water lots in CAW. Here is a tutorial on it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690014.page
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#503 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 5:03 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 31st Aug 2015 at 12:46 AM.
I also have the CAW files uploaded here, if people want:

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...ng-to-wind-down
Test Subject
#504 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:44 PM Last edited by blinkers : 30th Aug 2015 at 7:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lissten
Yes, you can either add lots on the water's edge or in the water in the in game editor or you can add new water lots in CAW. Here is a tutorial on it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690014.page

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! :lovestruc

And one more question, hopefully this isn't too much. I have dragon valley installed and I've noticed that npc that spawn in DV are usually wearing medieval-styled clothing already. Is there a way I can change what NPCs wear without editing them all in CAS?

Edit: I've just seen that there's a way to do this with Master Controller by Nraas.
Test Subject
#505 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I also have the CAW uploaded here, if peoe want:

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...ng-to-wind-down

Got 'em, thanks!
Field Researcher
#506 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:36 PM
I finally got around to install and try this world out... and WOW!
It's absolutely stunning, fantastic work jje1000!
My medieval-loving mind goes bananas as I check out all the places and buildings and imagining all the sims I'm going to move in and play with :D

Now, for lowrisims southern tournament grounds, it doesn't show up in my Edit Town. The northern does. I put them both in my library file, since it is my understanding that there is where they are supposed to be.
But maybe I got it all wrong and the southern grounds should go somewhere else?
Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks so much for creating and sharing this world, it's amazing
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#507 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 1:13 AM
Thanks! I hope you'll do lots of awesome stuff with it!
Test Subject
#508 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 11:17 PM
maybe it's a dumb question, but just to be sure: the 2013-11-25 mediafire version is the completed world?
for what I can see on this thread, this world will be perfect for me
Lab Assistant
#509 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 7:49 PM Last edited by lowrisim : 10th Jun 2016 at 4:48 AM. Reason: added file
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
I finally got around to install and try this world out... and WOW!
It's absolutely stunning, fantastic work jje1000!
My medieval-loving mind goes bananas as I check out all the places and buildings and imagining all the sims I'm going to move in and play with :D

Now, for lowrisims southern tournament grounds, it doesn't show up in my Edit Town. The northern does. I put them both in my library file, since it is my understanding that there is where they are supposed to be.
But maybe I got it all wrong and the southern grounds should go somewhere else?
Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks so much for creating and sharing this world, it's amazing

@Eehna Sorry I do not check this thread that often.
The southern tournament ground file is pretty old and most likely done on a different patch level. Plus it could have gotten corrupted or something. I will have my game open later today and have a look.
But I do always use library files.

Quote: Originally posted by Kerwin
maybe it's a dumb question, but just to be sure: the 2013-11-25 mediafire version is the completed world?
for what I can see on this thread, this world will be perfect for me

@Kerwin to my knowledge that is the most up to date version of the world.

I never finished the tournament lots so they are not included but you can find unfinished version in the tread. Also you will find you have to fix some of the stairs in lots through out the world, as the last few patches broke staking stairs. In addition there are two types of double archways which will not be recognized by your sims just delete them and then hit undo and they work fine. I know which two they are just forget the names, one I think was the Gothic and the other was the heavy wood one. We never did figure out why. They would work fine when testing the lot. But when the world file was exported and installed in game they would break until deleted and replaced.

@Sudacz you are probably correct that a low end computer could not handle this world even at low settings. I think it is very important that people keep that in mind when considering this world.

My computer is 6 plus years old. I have worked on this world but have not played it extensively of with a full hood of people, so I can not tell you for sure.

@jje1000 So pleased you shared the CAW files. That is very generous considering the work you put into this.

EDIT: Temporary feeling motivated on the Southern Tournament lot. Since I am going to need to re-upload it any way think I a might work on it a bit today

EDit: Well did not get a chance to work on it much. But if it loads give me some feed back and I will work on it some more tomorrow.

Edit Saturday: Did get to work on the Southrn Trn Grds today. Will get new pictures and file up tomorrow. I think the layout of the fair area is better. It is more compact making it work better and also leaving more room for the tents and horse grazing, relaxing area.

Working on up loading new photos and file now (sunday) NEWEST VERSION of Southern Tournament in Post below - this post is version2.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  sothertrngroudsnNew.7z (1.48 MB, 118 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Old Version Southern Trn grounds (V2) as was told one uploaded early no longer worked)
Lab Assistant
#510 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 1:28 AM
Default Southern Tourney Ground V3
new version of Southern Tourney Ground for PRAAVEN.

As the lot is very hilly this lot will not easy translate to other maps.

As it is designed for Praaven uses same CC and Ep as that world.

Out of time for today. Every time I went to take pictures I saw other things I would like to fix and change.

Open to feed back and to continue working on it, if people are interested. I think this new layout works better for the horses, and the festival area and gives it a better look as well. Tested but let me know if you find issues.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  PraavenSthrnTourneyGrndsV3.7z (1.82 MB, 318 downloads) - View custom content
Description: New Version of Praaven's Southern Tourny Grounds (V3)
Theorist
#511 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 11:29 AM
Nice to see upgrades are still happening for the lots in this town. Thanks Lowrisim

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#512 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 1:38 PM
@lowrisim thanks for the info I downloaded the file and I'm really glad I did.

This world is so amazing, without a doubt the best sims 3 world i've come across so far. All the detail in the buildings and landscaping and even the stories that came with the download (yep, I read the hole txt file :P). My thanks to jje 1000 and everyone who helped to create this town.
I haven't downloaded the tournament grounds yet but i will, ones i prepared the town's population.

I do have one minor issue though some of the lots at Praaven docks aren't recognised by the game in edit town mode (they work in life mode). does anyone else have the same issue?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#513 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 9:05 PM
@kerwin Those do not have map tags in town edit for me either. My guess is they are marked as hidden lots. I forget how to access or change a hidden lot.
Test Subject
#514 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 12:15 AM
@lowrisim that should probably be it. forgot about those because I don't play WA that often. I don't know for sure, but the "enablelotlocking true/false" cheat may help. anyway I'm just glad that there's nothing wrong with my game.
Field Researcher
#515 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 4:36 AM
@lowrisims thanks a lot! will add it and post feedback
Theorist
#516 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 2:50 PM
any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#517 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 6:41 PM
Hmm, does it appear in a fresh save as well?

It could just be the terrain freaking out. A quick raise& lower of the area in CAW will probably reset the terrain and solve the issue.

Alternatively, you could try deleting the road or moving it under the castle a bit more (if it's there).
Theorist
#518 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 4:51 PM
Still happens in a new game. It's just one dodgy texture.
I'm slightly confused about why you chose to make this square patch different to the surrounding terrain...was there originally a lot there, then it was removed, or something?

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
#519 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 9:19 AM
I've spent days and nights playing this always so amazing world. It takes me back to the medieval times and is perfect for a GoT theme!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#520 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 3:27 AM
Thanks

I hope people continue to make this world even better in CAW!
Lab Assistant
#521 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Still happens in a new game. It's just one dodgy texture.
I'm slightly confused about why you chose to make this square patch different to the surrounding terrain...was there originally a lot there, then it was removed, or something?

I am guessing as I haven't played the world in a while, but as I remember that area that is not covered in snow is the space between several lots. Some of the lots might be hidden lots. Space might be too small for the game to figure out how to transition from lot textures to world textures.

Snow seems to be a bit glitchy as I have seen other creators struggle with areas in world they have created. As I remember they are normally on shore lines.

Not that any of that helps you fix it.
Theorist
#522 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 5:42 PM
My selfsim's ancestor and his horse, having a blast in this town...I'm quite jealous that I can't join him down there!

#BlairWitchPetition
Instructor
#523 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 3:21 AM
Hello, I LOVE Praaven so much, but I have a routing issue that I can't see mentioned in this thread - is it just me?
Sims cannot travel from Mahlsberg back to Praaven, they get stuck at the little bridge. You can "Go Here" them across the bridge and they travel across it fine - once at the other side you are then able to direct them into the City. They are able to travel TO Mahlsberg without any issue, it's just getting back across that bridge that seems the issue - See screenies:

Any idea what that could be and do others know about it?
Lab Assistant
#524 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 3:58 AM
I do not know what causes this. I think one of the tournament grounds would have been behind that church, and my original test family did not live in that town, so I think I would have run into this issue in testing and I don't remember it. Do they have the issue if on a horse?

I did have a similar issue in an early build of the world getting in and out of Praaven. Can't remember now which way it went but think it was they could go to Praaven w a go here, but could not get back out of the city in one go here, or go home.

One theory was the issue was cause by having to route through lots that were at that point used for the walls and gate houses in the city.

So could be you are having to route through a lot and it is working in one direction and not the other. Another might be how the bridge is connected to the path. I have not played this world once it was done, burned out on it working on lots. (So much respect for creators after helping the tiniest bit with this project, how do they stick with it????) But I have a vague memory of having had a issue with a roadless world and a bridge. So vague in fact I would not be sure but seems I had to stage them in journies where they had to go across a bridge at times.
Instructor
#525 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lowrisim
I do not know what causes this. I think one of the tournament grounds would have been behind that church, and my original test family did not live in that town, so I think I would have run into this issue in testing and I don't remember it. Do they have the issue if on a horse?

I did have a similar issue in an early build of the world getting in and out of Praaven. Can't remember now which way it went but think it was they could go to Praaven w a go here, but could not get back out of the city in one go here, or go home.

One theory was the issue was cause by having to route through lots that were at that point used for the walls and gate houses in the city.

So could be you are having to route through a lot and it is working in one direction and not the other. Another might be how the bridge is connected to the path. I have not played this world once it was done, burned out on it working on lots. (So much respect for creators after helping the tiniest bit with this project, how do they stick with it????) But I have a vague memory of having had a issue with a roadless world and a bridge. So vague in fact I would not be sure but seems I had to stage them in journies where they had to go across a bridge at times.

Hi, yes, it seems the horses also get stuck at that point, but I have noticed something else: Sims CAN travel across the bridge from Mahlsberg if they are going to the other side of the river - the Monks Brewery place - they run across the bridge fine. I also noticed a couple of sims SWIMMING across the part of the stream next to the bridge to get home, which although rather annoying the bridge didn't work, was actually quite amusing
I think the issue like you said has something to do with the city walls and lots, I plan on doing some testing in the near future by individually destroying each lot and then having a sim test route, rinse & repeat with a new lot destruction each time. Will report back if I have anything important to note.
Thanks for the response and glad to know it wasn't just my game.
Page 21 of 23