Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 5:14 PM
Default Object Recoloring -Subsets never come up
Sometimes when I try to recolor a Maxis object, SimPE hangs up on the subset screen. I assume this is a function of the object - not of SimPE because most objects do not have this problem, and those that do, always do.

The electro dance sphere is the one I am looking at right now. Is cloning and giving a new GUID the only way to recolor these kinds of objects, or is there something wrong with the way I have things set up?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 2:45 AM
Where is the electro dance sphere in the catalog? I cant seem to find it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 5:54 AM
It is in excersize equipment. I think it might be a NL object, but I'm not sure.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:02 PM
Hmm, well I tried a recolor myself, and it worked perfectly fine for me. I dont know as to why it's doing that to you.

If you want, I could upload the recolor so you can just edit it yourself.

And it seems also that those four little things sticking out the bottom of the sphere cant be changed, dont know if that will help you or not.

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:31 AM
You can color the stick-y up things by changing colors of one of the envcube thingys.

I would appreciate your recolor file, maybe it will help me figure out what the deal is with my attempt.

Thank you.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:32 AM
Hi Bonnie, I tried cloning it as I have issues with SimPE alot. Although I think mine are all related to working over my network, and not having the actual game installed, just copied TSData folders.

I pulled it out of the trash just for you. Hope it helps you.
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:30 PM
Here's that recolor.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Electro Recolor.zip (59.4 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 5:29 AM
Y'all are the best! Thank you.

... sometimes I wonder why only I seem to have problems. I must have been very, very bad in a previous life.