Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 11:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims Appearing Stretched Out and Tall
Hi y'all!

Recently I've been having a strange bug in my game where random townies or walkby's will appear tall and stretched out. I've never seen it happen to more than one sim at a time. Usually, they're neighbors or sims that are passing by my playable sims' houses. I've had it happen to one sim I was directly playing at the time. All times it's easy enough to fix with the stretchskeleton cheat by making them selectable and setting them to 1, but I'm moreso curious about the potential causes to this glitch, if others have any similar experiences, and what could be done to keep it from happening in the first place.

I do have Lazy Duchesses Height Mod but I believe I have it installed correctly (the proper files are in my Mansion and Gardens Stuff TSBin mods folder, since I have RPC, unless I need the dsound.dll package as well?), and on my previous system with the same mod installed I never got this glitch before. It's also showing as "installed correctly" when I launch RPC. That's the only mod I can think would be causing it, but since this sort of thing doesn't generate an error message or do anything that's game breaking, I can't really connect it easily to if it's bad custom content or a mod. The sims it selects are seemingly random, and don't have anything in common like a shared outfit or piece of CC. Attached is a screenshot of Ajay Loner with this glitch as proof, although most of my probably already know what this looks like...
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 11:32 PM
That's hilarious, this is one glitch I'd be leaving just for the heck of it! Just to check, does Ajay still appear like this if you play him? What are your height mod random limits set to?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 1:14 AM
You probably just have the height mod configured in a weird way. What's in your config file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You probably just have the height mod configured in a weird way. What's in your config file?

I see, that's probably the case. Once I had him check his height with the mod, it had a much higher setting, but the limits were still between 0 and 200. His height at the time was listed at 1200. How do you check and configure those settings, what file do I need to go to?

I must admit it's really fitting for Strangetown, but if there's a way to manage it I'd prefer it!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 8:21 AM
If the height is listed as 1200 it's probably nothing to do with the configuration but rather that something changed the sim's gardening skill. Just change it back to whatever it was before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If the height is listed as 1200 it's probably nothing to do with the configuration but rather that something changed the sim's gardening skill. Just change it back to whatever it was before.

Changed the gardening skill? Like, the sim got a random gardening talent badge? I'm not following...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 9:52 AM
The height mod uses the gardening skill to store the sim's height offset in, since it's not used by the game for anything. The gardening badge doesn't use it either, badges are stored on tokens. So you probably have some other mod that set gardening skill to a high number.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 3:27 PM
Apparently the game engine moved the actual Gardening Skill score somewhere else (it presumably does still keep track somehow, or it wouldn't know when to hand out Gardening Talent Badges). The used-to-be "Gardening Skill" stat (where LD's mod stores the height information) can be found in the Extended Browser per sim under SimPE. (It's at almost the bottom of the first screen, and you have to select "decimal" to get the actual number.) The height change registers as +/- up to 100 rather than 0/200, so "average" is either 0 or 1. If the number is way out of line, you can change it - but that probably means you have some other mod poking a number into the same place.

How tall and thin/short and stout you want your sims to be is a matter of personal esthetics. One way of figuring this out is to choose which sim you want to be tallest/shortest and then play around with the mod stats in the Height.cfg file and Height Cheater/SimPE until you get something you can live with. (I find I have a higher tolerance - though not much higher - for chunky little sims than for beanpoles, but YMMV.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 1:34 AM
There isn't an "actual gardening skill" in the game, there is just the gardening badge, which, like all other badges, is stored on a token, as I previously mentioned.