Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2019 at 2:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default All Neighborhoods Not Loading
My game has been completely fine. I don't know if my computer did an update (I have windows 10) that randomly made my sims game crash? Every time I click on any neighborhood even the base game ones, it'll load for a second then freeze when it's loading 'magic'. I've looked at this post and reinstalled my game but the same thing is happening. I also have the graphics rule maker.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th May 2019 at 2:27 AM
Make a back up of your game.
Pull all your CC except for No sim loaded +smarter EP check or any NPC's.
delete the cache files and the neighbourhood manager file. (the game remakes them)
Does your game load now? If so the issue is CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2019 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Make a back up of your game.
Pull all your CC except for No sim loaded +smarter EP check or any NPC's.
delete the cache files and the neighbourhood manager file. (the game remakes them)
Does your game load now? If so the issue is CC.

I had cc at first, tried without. Reinstalled my game with no cc and still has the same problem. I've deleted all my cache files too
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th May 2019 at 2:44 AM
Are you on disks or the UC?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2019 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you on disks or the UC?

No I run from Origin, Sims 2 UC
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2019 at 10:38 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th May 2019 at 11:22 AM.
If it's the infamous Win10 update, the problem may be with how Win10 and that update handles 32-bit games, which end up with memory/RAM issues (even if you have more than enough on your computer). Very likely if you also get pink-flashing issues all of a sudden. From what I could gather of information it was a change made in 2017 (Creators Update, I think), and every update to this one have had the same issue - but for some reason it doesn't affect everyone's computers/games.

I'm still trying to find the solution to this problem with my game. I've managed to tinker around with settings so that I can get past the neighborhood screen and go onto lots, but still struggle with the pink problem.

If this is the case for you, there's a video here with some things you can try: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th May 2019 at 10:57 AM
No need to reinstall, go into Origin, right-click the game and fix. If it still won't load after that it might be time to look at the above ^

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th May 2019 at 11:25 AM
If you reinstall or fix your game via Origin, make sure to also replace the GraphicsRules and VideoCards files with the ones you've changed (keep a backup), as they'll be reset.