Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2019 at 11:21 PM Last edited by Matotty : 21st May 2019 at 5:14 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims keep jumping when trying to walk to lot.
The action used to work as normal, but then, from one day to another, it's bugged. I can't move to any lot and I don't want to use the taxi. I already did the whole "Downloads folder separation" method and checked with the HCDU and there's nothing wrong. I also played completely vanilla for a while but it keeps happening. I'll attach the error log.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N463_t539618.rar (12.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th May 2019 at 11:47 PM
Do you mean that you can't walk your sims to community lots?
I'm not certain from your description whether the problem is that, or moving sims from the sim bin into houses.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th May 2019 at 12:02 AM
I believe this means you have an out of date mod. Have you maybe recently upgraded to AL or M&G or some later pack? Also check you don't have two copies of a mod.
Or are you saying this happens with all CC pulled? Nothing in Downloads or lurking in SavedSims , Collections, installation files or any other place?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2019 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Do you mean that you can't walk your sims to community lots?
I'm not certain from your description whether the problem is that, or moving sims from the sim bin into houses.

It was the first. Sorry, I confused "moving" with "walking".

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I believe this means you have an out of date mod. Have you maybe recently upgraded to AL or M&G or some later pack? Also check you don't have two copies of a mod.
Or are you saying this happens with all CC pulled? Nothing in Downloads or lurking in SavedSims , Collections, installation files or any other place?

Now I actually tried it out one last time with all CC pulled and nothing's wrong, but I'm pretty sure it'd keep happening. I'll try to check my download files carefully, though it gives me lots of headaches. I'll give you an update on that. By out of date mods, should I delete all mods that were edited before 2008 and test?
Also no. Nothing strange with the rest of the folders.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th May 2019 at 2:24 AM
Out of date doesn't mean the age of the mod, it means if it was designed to work on a lower EP and you now have a higher EP. For example, a mod might have a Pets version and an Apartment Life version. If you have AL installed you do not want to have the pet version mod, you would want the AL version. Some mods have not been updated because they didn't need updating and continue to work just fine. It depends if the code needed for it to work got changed.

If you tried it with all CC pulled and your game worked fine, it is a mod causing your issue.

Do you have a lot of mods or only a few? By mods I mean hacks not cc like hair and clothes etc. Since this bug occurs only on trying to leave the lot it might be a travel mod, or a community lot type mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2019 at 2:36 AM
Out of date doesn't mean the age of the mod, it means if it was designed to work on a lower EP and you now have a higher EP. For example, a mod might have a Pets version and an Apartment Life version. If you have AL installed you do not want to have the pet version mod, you would want the AL version. Some mods have not been updated because they didn't need updating and continue to work just fine. It depends if the code needed for it to work got changed.

If you tried it with all CC pulled and your game worked fine, it is a mod causing your issue.

Do you have a lot of mods or only a few? By mods I mean hacks not cc like hair and clothes etc. Since this bug occurs only on trying to leave the lot it might be a travel mod, or a community lot type mod.

Ah I see, thank you. I just checked the downloads folder and there was this mod that allowed puppies, kittens and toddlers to travel with their families. I'm not sure what would be the problem about this mod, but I guess it's not necessary to talk about the mod itself here.
Now I have another problem, and it's that when I finally get to walk to a lot, the lot itself doesn't load completely, when before I could load it perfectly. It freezes in the loading screen. No crashing or anything, it just loads infinitely. This also happens when I play the game CC free.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th May 2019 at 2:57 AM
I use that mod so it's doubtful its that unless it's clashing with something or you have the wrong version. Also, you have the add on that it needs?

http://modthesims.info/d/303968/all...ler-riders.html

* You must also download the following addon for this hack to work correctly:

df_game_edition_addon.package
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=303431

All comm lots do that without cc or just this one?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2019 at 5:46 AM
I use that mod so it's doubtful its that unless it's clashing with something or you have the wrong version. Also, you have the add on that it needs?

http://modthesims.info/d/303968/all...ler-riders.html

* You must also download the following addon for this hack to work correctly:

df_game_edition_addon.package
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=303431

All comm lots do that without cc or just this one?

Thank you- now, the comm lot thing. It happens when I DIRECTLY go to the lot, b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶.̶ That's what I thought. Now the game won't stop speeding up time when I'm on that lot.
Scholar
#9 Old 20th May 2019 at 5:08 PM
That error is inconsistent with the default opcode which only has 10 nodes. It is however consistent with the op-code in 'df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders.package' and will occur if 'df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders_CONFIG.package' is not installed as that is the missing constant table that is throwing the Invalid constant error.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:14 PM
Sorry for not giving any updates on the matter, but yeah, I solved this already, it were the missing files that joandsarah77 and Chris Hatch mentioned. Thank you guys, you rock. =)