Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 7:01 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 12th Mar 2019 at 5:36 PM.
Default Strict laws\regulations in your locale?
In almost every locale there are laws and regulations that have been on the books for decades. Some make sense, others don't. However, the tighter the law is, the harder it is to comply.

In New Jersey, application for ID related certificates like Photo ID or Driver's License requires you bring 6 forms of identification. Likely, this is to avoid fraudulent identification or even identity theft at its most base.

Still, it's a regulation that is strict. My father will be driving again, so collecting up his 6 forms of identification and then putting it in a folder was the hard work. It was the same deal years ago when I got my photo ID.

I still remember Seattle's 6' Concealed Weapons Limit law. Like anyone can conceal a shotgun that long...

Recently the smoking age has been raised to 21 in New Jersey.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 9:18 PM Last edited by HarVee : 8th Mar 2019 at 9:28 PM.
Other than the ridiculous oppressive smoking laws? Oh you can't light in stores, restaurants, even fucking parks now. An outdoor space. But ah, everyone here must think of the cancer that being around one cigarette will never cause.

Let me tell you, that's the one thing I loved about being overseas. You could smoke literally anywhere except schools and hospitals.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Other than the ridiculous oppressive smoking laws? Oh you can't light in stores, restaurants, even fucking parks now. An outdoor space. But ah, everyone here must think of the cancer that being around one cigarette will never cause.

Let me tell you, that's the one thing I loved about being overseas. You could smoke literally anywhere except schools and hospitals.

I was just about to say this.

It's weird though, smoking laws are super strict in the Bay Area and it's mostly looked down upon, but also we have some social circles (pretty much any minorities ie, poor people, gay people, mentally ill people, people of color) where smoking is socially accepted. It's a demographic thing for sure.

I get strict laws but I'm honestly not going to stop smoking. Some of us want to die, Karen.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 4:55 PM
Since the revelation of the Pons and Fleischmann experiment, heavy water sales have become very heavily regulated. Before, anyone could just buy it. Now you have to prove you're with a university, government or commercial lab. They've done the same with a lot of other chemicals too. I think that is very unfair.

Sims are better than us.