Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:27 PM
Making shelves work like Decra Chill (food does not spoil when placed)
Hi, I want to modify a couple of shelves to work like Decra Chill (so the food doesn't spoil). Could someone please point me in the right direction? I tried comparing the files in SimPE, but found nothing.

Thank you so much.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 4:08 PM
The easiest way to do it would be to clone the Decra Chill and replace the meshes/textures, and move the slots to the right position. Are you opposed to that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 12:42 PM
No, I am just trying to explore my options as I am a noob but I really want to make this. Thank you so much for your reply. I can replace the mesh and the textures, but I don't know how to move the slots to the right position @omglo
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 4:18 PM
This slots tutorial might help. http://modthesims.info/t/397298 You won't need the majority of it. Scroll through until you get to the point about adding the slot location. There's some trial and error to it - before you change the slots, in your new package, load the game, and put something on the shelf to get an idea of whether you need to raise or lower the slot. If you still need help with it after reading the tutorial, feel free to @ me again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 5:40 PM
Thank you so much! I'll let you know when I get to my computer and try it all.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 10:49 PM
I use Wings3D to decide where to put the slots. Export the mesh and import it into the program, mark a vertex in the position you want, and it tells you the exact number you have to plot in. When a vertex is marked, a line under the "file/edit/view...etc." line at the top shows the slot positions, X, Y then Z.

Y is the height in Wings3D, but Z is the height in SimPE. You can just switch them around.
I think the X slot is the same in both.

The Y/Z are a little messy (I think the Y/Z slot has the opposite direction, so if Wings says Z- it's really Y+ in SimPE. I'm still trying to get the hang of that one, but if the slot is in the opposite direction of where you wanted it, you switch the -/+.

To deselect, hit the space bar.

I have yet to figure out multi-grid objects, not sure if they work per grid, but for single-grid objects this method works quite well.

(Wings is free to use/download: http://www.wings3d.com/ - I haven't bothered to update mine since I currently only use it for this purpose, and still have the 1.4.1 version, but the method probably works with the newer ones as well.)
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Y is the height in Wings3D, but Z is the height in SimPE. You can just switch them around.
I think the X slot is the same in both.

Y is height in every program in the world except SimPe, when everything was in 2D the screen was in X,Y co-ordinates. 3D introduced Z as depth, but SimPE confuses us by muddling it up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 11:16 PM
Hmm... Is there any way to copy the slots from one object to another? I don't think I'll be able to reproduce the slots of the original object. What I am trying to do is change the file so the decra chill functions (no rotting food) are enabled. Is there any way to do this without redoing the slots?