Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 1:47 PM
Default HELP Please - Need some feedback
Hi all,

I have a mod that allows autonomous interactions, i have just recently updated it with a teen love addon that allows teens to marry and have babies. People have been having issues with lastexception txt files appearing in the documents folder of the game. I figured out the issue with the teen love install, but now i am getting the exact same issue with a mod that was previously working fine. Can anyone help with how to read them? or what to look for?

txt 1:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3534142a6ce566d54e337a0</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2015-02-17 12:44:27</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.4.83.1010-1.300.000.35.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>instance_manager.py:338</categoryid><desyncid>3534142a6ce566d54e337a0</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1678, in feed xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 550, column 11 During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 352, in _create_class_instance File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 587, in create_class_instance File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 792, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1242, in parse File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 665, in parse File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1680, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1568, in _raiseerror File "<string>", line None xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: mismatched tag: line 550, column 11 </desyncdata></report>
</root>

txt 2:

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3534142a6ce566d54e33852</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2015-02-17 12:47:25</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.4.83.1010-1.300.000.35.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>instance_manager.py:338</categoryid><desyncid>3534142a6ce566d54e33852</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1678, in feed xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 1, column 9841 During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 352, in _create_class_instance File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 587, in create_class_instance File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 792, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1242, in parse File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 665, in parse File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1680, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1568, in _raiseerror File "<string>", line None xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: mismatched tag: line 1, column 9841 </desyncdata></report>
</root>

Any help will be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by weebl_101
txt 1:
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 550, column 11

txt 2:
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 1, column 9841
Those errors indicate a malformed XML file, at the indicated line and column of the XML the parser found a tag that didn't match what it was expecting to see. Unfortunately the exception doesn't mention what file it was parsing (probably because that deep in the code it doesn't even know/care) so you'd have to do some hunting to find the right file. Should be pretty easy to identify once you get the right files though, it tells you what area of the XML to look at to find the mismatched tags.

The second file could be the more difficult of the two as it appears to be an XML file that is all on one line and would be very hard to read. I would suggest using an XML beautifier on the file, putting the result back into the package and running the game over again to pinpoint where to look.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:41 PM
Most reasonable editors should also have (at least basic) syntax check built in that should also be able to find errors for you. I’m not at the Windows computer atm, but doesn’t Notepad++ (or a plugin) have a multi-file syntax check too? If you keep the XML files as raw XML files somewhere, you could just run that instead of having to ask the game; might be faster that way.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 1:14 PM
I figured out what the problem was... It is the Move In Interaction. However, I can not understand why it is causing an error. All I did was allowed Autonomy and I added a whitelist into the global tests to match all of a couple of relationship bits... I didn't change anything else in the XML file? Any clues?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 2:27 PM
You would need to post your code in order for anyone to help you find errors in it. To make it easier to read for humans, please format it (like scumbumbo suggested); also, please put it in [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] tags so that people don’t have to scroll so much. Thanks!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 1:06 AM
I have no idea what is going on here. Can someone help me?