Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 7:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Elders are offered adult jobs
I've had this issue for a while now, when I have an elder, be it from CAS, premade without job, or retired, search for a job, they are always offered the adult tracks, with high pay and more hours. And this isn't a cosmetic glitch either, as I mostly noticed it when one elder came home with his 6th promotion.
None of the mods I have modify anything related to jobs, and every "conflict" detected is something that's known and I took the precausions on the download pages of those mods, so they should be working fine.
Does anyone know why this is happening or how I could fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 8:16 AM
You don't have this hack, do you?

noagediscrimination.package

Gets rid of the "age discrimination" that locks elders into only crappy jobs, also making it impossible to retire without "Get Useless Job" wants clogging the want panel. To get a real job, use the computer. If, for some reason, you actually WANT the lousy job, you can still get one with the newspaper.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 2:17 PM
...I never remember installing it, what even. I'll take it out, but I'm guessing something was still malfunctioning considering the newspaper thing. Sorry for the dumb question.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 8:05 PM
It's not a dumb question. I've been playing this game for years and I frequently find things in my Downloads folder that I don't remember putting in my game.