Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:45 AM Last edited by Neeri : 7th Oct 2017 at 9:59 AM.
Default TurboDriver's Mod, Pregnancy edition
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask for your input! I am not sure if you are familiar with TuboDriver's Whickedwhim Mod. Which enables more realistic "romantic" interactions. It's an 18+ mod btw. However, he also loves realism and the complexity that is humanity. So he is expanding on the base game's pregnancy system. He is currently asking for input of what people would want and this is currently what has been discussed (confirmed):

• Having the mod override the basegame's prengancy system, meaning all pregnancies uses the mods settings. ( I love this)
• Pregnancy tests
• Having Periods
• Miscarriages, The better pregnancy the higher success chance. Parameters to be discussed, like drinking while pregnant.

Other things being discussed now:

• Cravings of different foods
• The option of abortion, dialog between partners, moodlets relating to what has been done and a visit to the hospital.
• Infertility, tests with results, reactions and moodlets depending on traits and relationship.
• Assisted pregnancy Limited attempts, pricey and higher chance of twins.

Do you guys have any input you would want to add to a huge pregnancy mod?

If you're unfamiliar with TurboDriver's work. It's amazing and comes with animations and everything, (if requested).
Thank you for your time!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 1:17 PM
There is one period mod for the TS2. He can take inspiration and concepts from there.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 2:34 PM
I dunno if it's possible with mods, but I'd like to see true surrogacy where the parents/genetics are independent from the birth mother.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 2:41 PM
@Sneaky, nothing in that mod hasn't been brought up already. But thank you
@Harvell, Interesting. I'll bring up the idea to him!
Theorist
#5 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 3:10 PM
I don't really have anything to add at this time other than my encouragement for this project! Please keep us updated! As someone who is infertile in real life if would be fascinating to be able to explore this kind of stuff so deeply in the sims. Maybe making it a hidden trait like handedness that can be changed with cheats so we can make it work with certain stories! :D
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:36 PM
There is already a miscarriage mod someone made, but it still has some kinks like I have to use MC commander center to terminate it completely when trying to get pregnant in the same session. One of the things I like about it though is that the chances are based on age and lower per trimester. Everyone in the family related to the pregnant sim experience the sadness related to it. There is actually a chance while the buff is active on the pregnant sim that she could die after a miscarriage. So perhaps some ideas?

Here is the mod: http://littlemssam.de/miscarriage-chance/
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:22 AM
What about chance of Sim death by child birth? It's not something I'd ever use/want but who knows, someone might. We've already got miscarriage mods.
Theorist
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
What about chance of Sim death by child birth? It's not something I'd ever use/want but who knows, someone might. We've already got miscarriage mods.
I like the idea but it'd have to be super rare, and probably only likely for a home birth. Better for medieval, renaissance et all when that kinda stuff was more of a probability.
Instructor
#9 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:38 AM
Could add a hidden Trait to a Female or Male Sim that gives birth to a child and it'll add stretch marks on the Sim's stomach? Like the hidden trait "Had Woohoo". It could be called "Had a child"
Instructor
#10 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:18 AM
do we know about the Whickedwhim mod? yes...yes we do

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:14 AM
I loved the Period mod back in TS2!
Irony is I had yet to experience that fun for myself at the time, but loved realistic mods even back then.

I know there's already CC stretchmarks, so it could be similar to when sims get sick and they get an overlay, albeit it would need to last longer. I wish illnesses had a bit more oomph, but that's a discussion for another day.

Edit: I suppose an extension on the Periods would be adding Puberty. Voice cracking (embarrassed moodlet), Acne, random bouts of flirty feelings, etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 9:53 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions! Here is what has been added to the mod so far (this is the latest build only available to patreon users, as far as I know, but it makes it to the general public pretty quick)

Added initial Menstrual Cycle System (unfinished)
• Disabled by default in this release. It will be enabled by default once complete
• Every Sim capable of birth has its own unique menstrual cycle
• Cramps Moodlet - do you feel like someone is violently squeezing your insides?
• On Period Moodlets
Sad? Dazed? Stressed? Angry? Or simply uncomfortable?
• Fertility Awareness Test - what are my chances for a baby?
- Take the 'Fertility Awareness Test' available on any toilet
• Added 'Unfertile' reward trait for Sims that don't want to get pregnant
- Costs 500 Satisfaction Points
• Made male Sims fertility affected by age
• Made the 'Fertile' trait increase pregnancy chances by 20%
• Made vampires gain more desire towards Sims on their period

The Menstrual Cycle System is not yet finished, but it can be enabled in settings. Blood, Miscarriage, better Pregnancy Termination, Birth Control Pills, better Condoms and a lot of tiny details are coming in the next update.

• Added 'Pregnancy Duration' setting
- If you're using MCCC, consider setting both for the same number of days
• Made Sims undress their top when breastfeeding
• Made Sims waters break when about to give birth

These are few details that make pregnancy-related interactions more interesting and there is more to come.

Thanks to TurboDriver. Just wanted to let you know what is going on in the mod, this guy amazes me with his abilities and it adds so much to the game it's crazy.
Theorist
#13 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri
• On Period Moodlets
Sad? Dazed? Stressed? Angry? Or simply uncomfortable?

From what I've witnessed? probably cycling through all of the above. But some girls might cry, complain then yell at me for that before going to sleep it off >:

• Added 'Unfertile' reward trait for Sims that don't want to get pregnant
- Costs 500 Satisfaction Points

Well, it sure doesn't feel very "rewarding" to be infertile irl e-e

• Made vampires gain more desire towards Sims on their period

That's neither how vampires, nor blood work. Period blood is old, nasty stuff that's been hanging around for days, weeks, even months. It's old and stale, if would be like a human being excited over a box of month old crackers that was left open. We vampires have standards you know... :\
I mean, sure it's a cute joke but... It's kind of stereotypical, and rather offensive to us vampires.
>>
<<
pǝɹǝbbıɹʇ ɯ,ı
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 5:20 PM
I love it! Just wouldn't use the period feature because it doesn't suit my gameplay style.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
From what I've witnessed? probably cycling through all of the above. But some girls might cry, complain then yell at me for that before going to sleep it off >:

That's neither how vampires, nor blood work. Period blood is old, nasty stuff that's been hanging around for days, weeks, even months. It's old and stale, if would be like a human being excited over a box of month old crackers that was left open. We vampires have standards you know... :\
I mean, sure it's a cute joke but... It's kind of stereotypical, and rather offensive to us vampires.
>>
<<
pǝɹǝbbıɹʇ ɯ,ı

I agree that being infertile shouldn't be like a reward. A lot of people struggle with infertility when they want kids.

The period thing is kind of funny, but not logical. Its like getting excited over food that's a month past the expiration date.

Also as someone who's had a baby, your water doesn't always break on its own and its actually more common for the doctor to have to break it for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:43 AM
Hey, yeah the mod is great. <3 I can understand that it does not mimic reality to a 100% but no game really does.
A lot of the things I suggested has not been implemented simply because it cannot be done code wise or it will take too much time and can be tweaked later. For example. I wanted infertility to be a hidden trait, given at random to sims at a small chance. But Turbo explained that that is not how the sims are played, and players shouldn't have something as being infertile to be sprung on them. (like real life) you can add it deliberately if you wanted to, so he made it a trait. Which I can understand.

He also wanted to add more emotions to sims who have periods, but he realized that everyone reacts differently to their periods and he cannot cover all the bases. So he took a sim a proach and stuck to the ones he did and made them a bit quirky as well. Which I also understand.

Also, when coding and making mods. Just cause it's using a rewards system already established by the game, does not mean that the modder views it as a reward.... It's simply the easiest way to implement something that people want to use as a flavor. Why do I even have to explain that... xD
Forum Resident
#17 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:26 PM

>>
<<
pǝɹǝbbıɹʇ ɯ,ı

I think that depends way more on the person. Bright red blood is fresh blood and anything that's dark brown/red isn't. I know I got tons of fresh blood on my period because your lining doesn't begin to shed until much you are close to having your period. It thins a bit, but the majority doesn't happen until much closer this is so that any late attaching embryos will not be shed off. So it'll probably depend on each person and their luteal phase. Also lots of vampires drink from bagged blood then they also often don't drink which is weeks old. And if you've ever had a steak rare or medium rare that blood is often months old because it takes months to get from the butcher to your store. Most of the red meat you eat is months old. It tastes pretty damn delicious to me so I'm not so sure that'd be true.
Instructor
#18 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 2:40 AM
Birth Control Pills.

What about the Depo shot? The sim could go to the hospital or disappear off the lot and return with a uncomfortable moodlet for 24 sim hours. Within those 24 sim hours if the Sim has unprotected "woohoo" the Sim could get pregnant. After the 24 Sim hours has past the uncomfortable moodlet will be replace with a positive moodlet which could last for (maybe) five Sim days?
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:51 PM
I really like this mod! However, there is one thing I'd like to note - the negative buffs in the menstrual cycle should happen during the PMS phase, not during menstruation. Most people (women alike, thus condemning themselves to a terrible placebo mood during their period) don't know that negative emotions stop almost as soon as menstruation starts. PMS symptoms come from rapidly dropping hormone levels, and once they reach their baseline level, your period starts, thus eliminating anything other than physical symptoms. A lot of girls insist they feel moodier on their period, but this isn't bourne out by science and is often a placebo or attention grabbing thing (and yes, I'm a girl, I know how this works). Even people with PMDD experience a vanishing of their symptoms within hours (sometimes minutes) of their period starting, so it doesn't make sense for a healthy woman's PMS to continue into the period phase.

Discomfort, sleepiness, etc; would make sense as buffs, but "angry", "sad", "dazed", would all be PMS only, if you wanted it to be as accurate as possible. Having PMDD for extra difficulty (I have it myself) would be interesting. I'd even give it to my self sim, haha.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:15 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask for your input! I am not sure if you are familiar with TuboDriver's Whickedwhim Mod. Which enables more realistic "romantic" interactions. It's an 18+ mod btw. However, he also loves realism and the complexity that is humanity. So he is expanding on the base game's pregnancy system. He is currently asking for input of what people would want and this is currently what has been discussed (confirmed):

• Having the mod override the basegame's prengancy system, meaning all pregnancies uses the mods settings. ( I love this)
• Pregnancy tests
• Having Periods
• Miscarriages, The better pregnancy the higher success chance. Parameters to be discussed, like drinking while pregnant.

Other things being discussed now:

• Cravings of different foods
• The option of abortion, dialog between partners, moodlets relating to what has been done and a visit to the hospital.
• Infertility, tests with results, reactions and moodlets depending on traits and relationship.
• Assisted pregnancy Limited attempts, pricey and higher chance of twins.

Do you guys have any input you would want to add to a huge pregnancy mod?

If you're unfamiliar with TurboDriver's work. It's amazing and comes with animations and everything, (if requested).
Thank you for your time!

Is there any way the period mod will be released as a separate entity from WhickedWhims. I just don't like that amount of sexual detail in my game. I, however, like the idea of realistic periods. It would be awesome if certain parts of that mod were released on their own. I understand if one can't do that.
Theorist
#21 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by endlessgalaxy
A lot of girls insist they feel moodier on their period, but this isn't bourne out by science and is often a placebo or attention grabbing thing (and yes, I'm a girl, I know how this works).

Maybe it's unique to individual women and you shouldn't judge them as being fucking liars for telling you that they experience something different to you.

Just a thought!

My mother happens to be one of those women who definitely did feel dazed and angry on her period. She told me horror stories of being stuck in bed for days from pain, and believe it or not, pain makes people agitated. go figure!.
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:16 PM
Maybe it's unique to individual women and you shouldn't judge them as being fucking liars for telling you that they experience something different to you.

Just a thought!

My mother happens to be one of those women who definitely did feel dazed and angry on her period. She told me horror stories of being stuck in bed for days from pain, and believe it or not, pain makes people agitated. go figure!.

I'm not judging anyone, it's science. Hormones return to baseline levels at the onset of menstruation, the menstrual cycle is a biological process that more or less works the same way for each woman, regardless of individual differences. I find it hard to believe, as some who has to take benzos for how bad my PMS is as I have PMDD (I've attempted suicide more than once due to PMS) that a completely healthy woman with regular PMS will continue to have psychological symptoms of PMS while on her period. Unless there is some hormonal imbalance or other medical condition at play, it doesn't make sense for your average woman. The blood begins because the hormonal state has returned to normal. If the hormones are still in chaos, the period will not begin.

Of course pain makes people agitated, but being stuck in bed for days is completely abnormal for a period. Your mother sounds like she could have had a condition called endometriosis, which is completely different than PMS or PMDD. It causes scarring of the uterus and fallopian tubes, and is an independent medical condition. Again, it is not the regular experience of the vast majority of women.

I hate to break it to you, but women DO lie. Women are people, and we shouldn't just fall victim to this "listen and believe" narrative. Women are people, and people lie for personal gain. I'm a woman myself and have seen this in action many, many times. There's a reason you can call into work sick with cramps if you have a male boss, but a female boss isn't going to believe you. Because they know first hand how it works.
Theorist
#23 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:47 AM
There's a reason you can call into work sick with cramps if you have a male boss, but a female boss isn't going to believe you. Because they know first hand how it works.

Except every woman experiences cramps differently? I know some women who are mildly discomforted and others who literally need to down an entire bottle of painkillers just to get through it. My ex would actually be extra pleasant and friendly to everyone when on PMS, but once her period started she turned into a raving lunatic. But hey, according to the agrees and disagrees, everyone assumes that every single woman is exactly the same and absolutely nothing they experience can have any form of individual variation. so, congrats on being identical I guess! I'm done with this conversation.
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 6:36 AM
I'm not judging anyone, it's science. Hormones return to baseline levels at the onset of menstruation, the menstrual cycle is a biological process that more or less works the same way for each woman, regardless of individual differences. I find it hard to believe, as some who has to take benzos for how bad my PMS is as I have PMDD (I've attempted suicide more than once due to PMS) that a completely healthy woman with regular PMS will continue to have psychological symptoms of PMS while on her period. Unless there is some hormonal imbalance or other medical condition at play, it doesn't make sense for your average woman. The blood begins because the hormonal state has returned to normal. If the hormones are still in chaos, the period will not begin.

Of course pain makes people agitated, but being stuck in bed for days is completely abnormal for a period. Your mother sounds like she could have had a condition called endometriosis, which is completely different than PMS or PMDD. It causes scarring of the uterus and fallopian tubes, and is an independent medical condition. Again, it is not the regular experience of the vast majority of women.

I hate to break it to you, but women DO lie. Women are people, and we shouldn't just fall victim to this "listen and believe" narrative. Women are people, and people lie for personal gain. I'm a woman myself and have seen this in action many, many times. There's a reason you can call into work sick with cramps if you have a male boss, but a female boss isn't going to believe you. Because they know first hand how it works.

Well aren't you lucky not having to deal with bad periods. I, as well as my mother and two of my best friends, experience horrible cramping during periods that's so painful its hard to move around much. Going through a lot of pain and/or heavy blood flow is a normal period for some women, and I hate it when the ones lucky enough not to have ones that bad think they're faking it because we're not. I hate attention, and I sure as hell wouldn't want attention for bleeding out of my vagina and having cramps.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#25 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:10 PM
While I totally understand why this topic went the way it did, could you stay on topic please? If you want to discuss any further though, I would recommend making a thread in our off-topic discussion forum: http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=580

Thank you!
Page 1 of 2