Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 27th May 2015 at 3:52 AM Last edited by EmeraldFalcon : 27th May 2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: No replies below yet.
With a name like this, I think I need to get involved, if it's alright.

Could I do lots 29 and 8? I'll definitely have some sims to go with 8, as well.

Now, to get AGS to work...>.>

ETA: AGS works now! Weird fix is weird. After (figuratively!) sleeping on my planned family, I realize I'm going to need another residential lot. So I'll take 55 as well then, if it's alright? 8, 29, and 55 for me.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#52 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:34 PM
I've added you to the list, EmeraldFalcon.

Just take the time you need for the lots.
Thank you all for contributing!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#53 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:47 PM
I have a fix for the maximum stories issue, but it's a bit of a faff.

First create the skeleton of your building in AGS base game only.

Now create a new AGS with just university (somebody might like to check if this works with any and/or all EPs, I just picked uni because it's the first one the cheat works in, and it's not a million miles away in code). Copy and paste the neighbourhood, or just the lot, into this game. (Take a backup of the hood at this point, just to be safe.)

Open the hood in BG + UNI, use the cheat setHighestAllowedLevel, add extra storeys being careful ONLY to use basic walls. Don't add wall coverings or stairs or anything else at all.

Package lot to a file. Quit, and install the lot back into your base game only game. (Clean Installer has a workaround for this.)

Load the base game only game, place your lot. It will show some implausible price like minus five million. Ignore that for now. Enter the lot, make some changes, save, come back to neighbourhood. Price should be normal now, and the new levels should be editable, too.

Can I take Lot 59? I'm making a little apartment complex for it. I'll leave all apartments empty except one, so it can be updated for Apartment Life or played as-is.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Trainee Moderator
#54 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:50 PM
Is it possible to import lots that are made/saved in TS2 University into a base game compatible game? That would be cool, but I think, it could also be done with the dormer trick.

Anyway, number 59 is free, so I'll add you to the list.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#55 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:50 PM
No, I tried the dormer trick and it didn't work. It wouldn't let me place a dormer past the top level, and it didn't recognise the cheat.

I've imported the uni lot and it works fine - I haven't playtested it yet, but from what I understand of lots, it's at the lot bin or the loading screen that it causes issues. I believe it's when a lot contains build items from later EPs that it's a problem, such as half-walls, stages, garages, etc. I don't *think* Uni actually adds anything like this, but in any case, I didn't check. I just added the walls to make the floors appear, and then imported it back to base game. Aside from the screwy price, it works, and that is a temporary illusion.

Mad Poster
#56 Old 27th May 2015 at 3:36 PM
You can see the weird pricing issue here. It went to 55k when I went in and added wall coverings. The (empty) building in pic 2, with windows, doors and balconies, costs a normal 85k or so.

So, a quick preview, but I'm not happy with it yet. The back has no windows or interest at all.
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
#57 Old 27th May 2015 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th May 2015 at 5:31 PM.
@simsfreq OK, good to know! I tried this too and it worked.

@applesauce58 Thanks! We'll add your family once all of the lots are finished.

Anyway, I created a lot. (number 43)
It has 9 stories.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  2 Harbor Drive.rar (1.55 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#58 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:29 PM
I need a good camera mod to even see the last 3 floors, which one are you use using @Jawusa

Also should I clone out sims like the Goth family to put in here IE Victor/Gretle Goth, Simon/Puudence Crumplebottom and maybe the Simis and Jocasta Bachelor.

Or Mike Steel and Mary Melons form Strangetown.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
#59 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:31 PM
@applesauce58 I've checked your family out and I have some questions.
Which aspiration did you choose for your sims? And do you still have a copy of the father of the three kids? If yes, could you upload him as well. Were they married or did they have children before marrying and why did he left Pearl? Did he die as well? Or is he still alive?

@marka93 OK, I'll have to remove those floors then. It was difficult to furnish that lot as well. I don't have any camera mods installed.
If this is going to be an apartment lot, it will have 6 apartment units. If we remove the last 3 floors, it will only have 4 apartment units.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#60 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:38 PM
Jawusa and simsfreq, your lots are awesome! They look great! Great work!

I didn't know that the "dormer method" was quite popular, I did use it myself for my building. From what I know, you can only add a dormer once to raise the optimum height. So, Jawusa, how did you manage to build your lot? Did you use the cheat that raises the max. height?

ETA: Ah! It's a shame you'll be removing some floors off the top. Well, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. :P
Mad Poster
#61 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:42 PM
@M.M.A.A. you can inport lots made using BG and Uni. as long as you only put up blank walls and the height cheat will work in Uni.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#62 Old 27th May 2015 at 6:14 PM
Here's the Group Home. I'm working on the sims, but have a bit of a problem. I have some sims in BodyShop that I wanted to use as starting places, my method of crafting faces being a little time-consuming, so I copied them from my main Saved Sim folder to one for the appropriate AGS game. None of them are visible in CAS. Suggestions?
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  9 City Park Street.7z (604.5 KB, 25 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Once part of a high-end development, 9 City Park Street has fallen on hard times with the rest of the neighborhood. It has been acquired by the City for use as a group home for endangered girls, if the budget (and the neighbors) will only support it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#63 Old 27th May 2015 at 8:23 PM
@applesauce58 You could recreate their parents, but then, we'll have to re-use the pacifier button and try to get the offsprings as they've looked like before. It shouldn't take that long.

@Peni Griffin Thanks! As for the sims, maybe they have an EP clothing or hair. That can be the reason for them to not show up. You can fix it, if you open your main BodyShop and make them over so that they don't wear any EP/SP clothing.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#64 Old 27th May 2015 at 8:42 PM
Peni - try putting them into a Downloads folder rather than SavedSims. SavedSims might only work if you've run Body Shop. I don't think it's possible to run Body Shop on AGS.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#65 Old 27th May 2015 at 8:49 PM
Some of those buildings look great.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
#66 Old 27th May 2015 at 8:56 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th May 2015 at 9:38 PM.
Thank you, maxon

Would you like to build a house, or create a family?

ETA: OK, I fixed the floors (lot number 43). I didn't remove them, so it's still a 9 storied house but it only has 4 apartment units now.

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Also should I clone out sims like the Goth family to put in here IE Victor/Gretle Goth, Simon/Puudence Crumplebottom and maybe the Simis and Jocasta Bachelor.

Or Mike Steel and Mary Melons form Strangetown.

For a standalone neighborhood, there shouldn't be any duplicates but if someone wants to add Emerald Heights as a Downtown to Strangetown or Pleasantview, they'll have duplicates of those sims. It would be cool to include all of them in an (base game style) apartment building, though.

We should leave the apartment lots unoccupied. Then, it's going to be easier to create subhood versions too. Thus it will be easier for the downloader to change the lot into an actual apartment if they have AL.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  2 Harbor Drive V2.rar (1.40 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: V2

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#67 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:55 PM
The Downloads trick works, speaking of things that make no sense, thanks!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#68 Old 28th May 2015 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Thank you, maxon

Would you like to build a house, or create a family?

Ha - thanks for the invite. Tempting but I really have to say no. I have a very busy job and we've just entered the busiest part of the year (in three weeks time I will be thinking and doing nothing else as we wrap up the year end stuff). I don't want to make commitments I can't fulfil. So thanks - but good luck with the project. Seems to be going well.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#69 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:39 AM
Okay, here's two families related to the Group Home - the social worker and 6 teen girls, plus the family of one girl, to be added. Obviously this is way down the line, but I thought I'd post the details in case anyone else wanted to dovetail a story with anyone presented here.

Group Home: The city recently acquired this formerly-upscale residence for use as a group home for at-risk girls. But will the city budget actually provide sufficient funds to keep it going? Can dedicated social worker Claire Voyante, a product of the system herself, keep the house afloat and help her help her girls find a future? The recent addition of Holly Wood, a thrownaway girl, is straining her resources to their limits.
Claire Voyante. Popularity, Gemini. 4/8/8/3/2. Claire doesn't worry about her tragic past, and neither should you. Nope, she's worried about these girls that people have never given a chance to be good - the abused, the downtrodden, the hurt. The girls say she's got eyes in the back of her head, and aren't sure they can trust her. That's okay. They will when they're ready. Meantime, Claire's got some battles to fight on their behalf.
Maddy Kroud. Popularity. Taurus. 3/5/3/10/9/4. Yeah, so, she stole something. It was just lipstick, don't have a cow. You've got to have the right things and do the right things and say the right things to hang with the right people. That's the only way to stay safe and get what you want.
Hope DeFirrd - Fortune. Aquarius. 4/4/6/7/4 Someday, her father will come get her. Unlike some of the girls, Hope knows who her father is. He said he'd come get her, and he will. Any day now. She's not like these other girls. She has a future. And a family. You'll see. You'll see. You'll see.
Leti Go - Fortune. Sagittarius. 2/3/10/6/4. Leti was abandoned into the system as an infant. If there's one thing she's learned, it's that the system is government of the kids, by the grownups, for the grownups. You can't trust Them. The nicer They seem, the harder They betray you.
Rose Airy - Family. Cancer. 6/0/6/5/8. Rose is afraid. If you ask her what she's afraid of, she'll be afraid to tell you. So please don't ask!
Sara Bellum - Knowledge. Capricorn. 10/1/0/10/4. Sara has never been well a day in her life. Yeah, it sucks how inconvenient that is for the adults around her. Go away and let her read.
Ronda Corner - Romance. Leo. 1/10/4/5/5. Ronda has a heart full of love. So far everyone she's tried to give it to has taken it and run. She's never good enough, pretty enough, smart enough - whatever. How long before she has nothing left to give?
Design parameters: The girls should start at different ages and have a few skills, appropriate to their personalities and history. We can work that out later. This should be a very difficult house, with all the girls starting the game either in the red, or a single fear fulfillment away from the red. Claire herself should be in the very low green, and have much higher relationships toward the girls (80+) than they have toward her (under 20). There should be sufficient funds to last them a week or so, to give the player time to decide how they want to deal with that element. Grades, of course, will be uniformly bad, though Sara may be pulling a C.

Meanwhile, in a solidly middle-class part of town, a recently posted military family is about to implode. I can build a house for them if necessary, or they can go into a suitable unclaimed residence. Let everyone who wants to build, build.
Wood - When Sgt. Wood got a long-term posting as a TI (that's drill sergeant, civilian), his family looked forward to having some stability at least. But learning that their only, perfect daughter Holly is (gasp) a lesbian rocked them back. Cord and Cherry are old-fashioned, salt-of-the-earth people and are certain that their daughter will never be happy unless she gives up this Unnatural Weirdness and becomes Normal. Lecturing didn't work. A counselor didn't work. Conversion Camp was their last hope, and when Holly ran away from it, they were out of options. Cord made the tough decision to throw her out. A few days on the street will break her stubborn perversity - won't it?

I forgot to make detailed personality notes, but you can copy them out of SimPE when you extract them.
Sgt. Cord - Family, Scorpio. Discipline, that's the thing! Cord was about to go bad himself back in the day, before the military straightened him out. If everybody would follow The Rules, everything would be fine. At least the boys are with the program. Cherry must've spoiled the girl. Maybe he did a little, too. Now there's nothing for it but Tough Love. He hates it, but it's got to be done. For her own good. She'll be back soon. Bound to.
Cherry - Family, Pisces. Cherry doesn't understand. Staying home and taking care of the kids, not working all the time like her own mother did, was supposed to keep all her babies on the right track. Everything was supposed to be easier when they got a long-term posting. It's so hard to believe this is the right thing for her little girl! She wishes she had a girlfriend to talk things over with, but it got so hard making them and then moving, she's lost the knack. She'll just have a little drink so she can be smiling when Cord gets home.
Ash - Popularity, Sagittarius. Ash did not volunteer to be Dad's enforcer, all right? But it's so hard for Mom when the kids act up, somebody needs to enforce the rules before she knows they're broken, for her sake. If he's told Holly once, he's told her a thousand times - fake it till you make it. Grit your teeth and muscle through. Adulthood's coming and then she can do what she wants. She's being stupid and he's sorry, but he can't help her anymore. He has to focus on keeping Birnam up to snuff and his own record squeaky clean.
Holly - Family, Virgo. Holly tried to like guys. She did. But girls are just...so...and guys aren't. So it appears that, after years of being a Good Girl, her entire existence is Wrong and she has no choice but to be Bad. So to hell with all of them and to hell with her too! To hell with everybody! Except Birnam. OMG what if Birnam somehow grows up Wrong, too?
Birnam - Grow Up, Capricorn. No one will tell Birnam where Holly went! Suddenly he's not supposed to even talk about her! Mommy's sad, Daddy's crabby, and Ash is always on his case. It's not fair! He'd go looking for Holly, if he were allowed to cross the street by himself.

This family is also in a bad way aspiration-wise. Cord is at the Instructor level of the Military Career, with appropriate skills. Cherry is, at least at present, unemployed, with skills concentrated cleaning, cooking, and mechanical. Ash is more than halfway through his teen years. Holly is almost halfway through, and her age should be coordinated with Birnam's so that he grew to child shortly after she grew to teen. Cherry and Cord are a tight couple, potential triple-bolters and very much in love; but recent strains have reduced Cherry's trust in Cord, which can be reflected in her relationship toward him being relatively low - say 75 to his 100. Holly's relationship with her parents is mutually bad, though Cherry's is higher toward Holly than Holly's is toward Cherry. They all have memories of losing each other as best friends. Ash is best friends with both his parents, but hovers below friend level for his siblings. Birnam and Holly are best friends, and I think he recently lost best friend tags with his parents.

It's fine with me if anyone wants to back-engineer living relatives for the Group Home girls - or Claire, for that matter. Once the families are in place we can check the teens for potentially fruitful relationship fodder for the girls, and the adults for Claire. If anybody has sims in the political career, they should be among Claire's acquaintances - though the relationship needn't be positive!
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  N010.7z (115.7 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:54 AM
I finished my house! but in my build hood when I was done got unfinished character files (I am using ags) and relationships with ncps. Is my house counted as corrupted?
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  N699.7z (3.92 MB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#71 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:19 AM
@Redtwoface you still had and used the reg. mode in AGS and now your hood has all the Pleasantview townies and NPC in it. You need to ask Jawusa about this problem.

When you made the hood in AGS you use the standard settings and you should have chosen "Create empty game (no Maxis default content."

Field Researcher
#72 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:11 AM
Oh my gosh, Peni. I had literally just sat down to the computer to send you a PM and ask if any of your teen girls were going to be lesbians, because I'm making one as well.

I have a whole family planned, but to give you a little info on my lesbian--her name is Maribel Montes; she's sloppy, nice, shy, and the oldest of three (plus one stepsister). I'm thinking her aspiration will either be Family or Popularity, but I'm still hovering between those two. She should be about two days into teen. Could we connect her with Holly, or one of your other girls?

I will also have a sim in the political career, so we'll need to make sure she knows Claire, but we'll get to that when I finish writing the rest.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#73 Old 28th May 2015 at 5:22 AM
Fine with me if Maribel and Holly are connected. I expect once everybody's character is in place we'll see certain obvious connections leap out at us. Holly is probably a day or two older than Maribel, since she should have time since puberty for desperate measures to have inevitably failed, but they needn't be age-synched too tightly.

Trainee Moderator
#74 Old 28th May 2015 at 7:10 AM
@Peni Griffin Thank you for your family! This is an interesting family. I will check it out soon.

@Redtwoface Did you move in a family?
The lots are not affected by hood corruption, but the lot can get corrupted if you move a previously occupied lot to another neighborhood without clearing the sim references.

@EmeraldFalcon Could you please create the three parents (one of them being the step-parent) as well? Because, otherwise the game won't recognize them as step-sisters (in the family tree). The parents don't need to be in the same family if you don't want them. The parents can be deceased, if you want.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#75 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@EmeraldFalcon Could you please create the three parents (one of them being the step-parent) as well? Because, otherwise the game won't recognize them as step-sisters (in the family tree). The parents don't need to be in the same family if you don't want them. The parents can be deceased, if you want.

Don't worry, I will be creating all four of the necessary parents and rolling the pacifier. There is a snag with Maribel's biological dad, though--I wasn't going to include him, because I don't want him in the neighborhood. Let me explain: he's deceased, and his death was story impetus for the rest of the family to move to the neighborhood. So it wouldn't make sense for him to be in the neighborhood graveyard.

Of course, if it's possible to create him, kill him off, and then get rid of the tombstone, so the only place he appears in the neighborhood at all is the family tree, that would be the best possible solution. I don't know if that's possible, because I never delete tombstones. I'll let you make the call on that. I just don't want him in the neighborhood.

Page 3 of 34