Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:18 AM
"Sims 4" files folder not linked to actual game
I have a ton of saves and mods on Sims 4, and then one day they all disappeared. I don't get the pop-up that says I have mods installed, and I don't have any saves. I checked Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Saves and all my saves were in there. I also checked Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods and it too had all my files. So my theory is that somehow the game thinks the folder was deleted, and so it generated new ones, meaning my old folder isn't linked to the game anyone. I've searched my Mac for another "The Sims 4" folder, but I can't find one. Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th May 2018 at 9:02 PM
I don't have a mac - is it possible to just search for .package files? I don't know if it is the same on a mac, but in my documents folder or, pc in general, I simply check by *.package, or *.mp3. Sometimes when I am "organizing" my game or my pc, I end up putting things in the wrong area, and I cannot tell you how I bulk renamed my mods so that the first 5 or 6 letters disappeared (I am smarter than your average 8 year old) but, maybe? I have found my mods in the tray folder and vice versa when I go on a spree - and I do not think your game will recognize them properly when they are sub-foldered like that.

In the future, I recommend an external drive - I cannot stress it enough - for everything you have digitally.