Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:31 PM
Default bed/sleep bug?
I am running the Sims 4 with all EP/SP installed, included the latest Cats & Dogs. I have installed the last patch.

Currently, I don't have any mods installed - the only CC I have are a default skin and a default eye set.

I created a new family from scratch (4 sims) in a brand new save game and moved them to an empty lot in Newcrest.

All of the Sims in the household (although some are more prone to it than others) after going to sleep and getting woken up earlier than needed (due to boss call, or me cancelling the "sleep" interaction; I think, I'm not exactly sure if it's this that causes it) get the "sleep" interaction stuck in their interaction bar and act "silly" until I send them to sleep again at the end of the day when they get tired enough.

By acting "silly" I mean: the Sim refuses to perform actions that I order them to do. For example, I send them to cook and they take out the preparation table and put it in the floor. I call a pizza and they won't perform the call action. The sim hunger level gets worse and worse. I had to get another Sim who didn't have the "sleep" interaction stuck in the bar to cook the food. Only then the problem Sim ate, but after taking a single serving from the family plate, the Sim again dumped it on the floor and I had to drag the plate to a counter with a chair to coax the Sim into eating - which they finally did!

This is just one example, but it's like this with everything: from bath-related activities, to entertainment actions, or social interactions. When my Sim(s) get the "sleep" interaction stuck they just mostly stand idle for the rest of the day, literally standing there doing nothing on their own, while the rest of the household does as they please on their own. I don't like "babysitting" my Sims too much, so this is really deeply annoying to me.

My most problematic Sim is sleeping in the "Mod Pod sleeper" - my Sim rolled the "Evil" trait... please don't tell me it's THAT what's causing this total mayhem.

(I already tried selling the bed and buying another one)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 12:18 PM Last edited by invisiblgirl : 5th Dec 2017 at 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar
I have no custom content and all the updates, but I've had a similar problem in which I send a Sim to bed, but she immediately wakes up and jumps out of bed. The 'sleep' interaction is still in the queue. I can send the Sim back to bed, but in the morning, she can't do anything because the first 'sleep' interaction is still stuck in the queue. The only solution I've found is to delete the bed itself, but I've got to the point that I have to buy a new bed for this Sim every single day. (I have no problem with the other Sim.)

I've checked to make sure the earbuds aren't playing (I finally deleted them, too, just in case), since that will wake a Sim up immediately, and there is no television or radio that would be waking the Sim up. I've noticed that the first time I try to send her to bed, she doesn't get in the bed, but lies on top before jumping out. It's the Princess Cordelia bed, and the problem started suddenly, after several nights of using the bed, during the same game session.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:25 AM
I notice they put the ingredients on the floor as well, and it is maddening because, having learned from Sims2, I put plenty of counter space in my kitchen so my sims could work. I also notice they are not taking showers to fill motives - they hop in and hop out - and I do have custom content, but since my game is running pretty okay, I live with it. I don't seem to be having any problem with sleeping though.

I use Weerbesu's UI to fill motives when my sims don't want to do it themselves, and MCCC for everything else.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 3:09 AM
I am also having the same issue, i have found a way for the sleep icon to go, but it is a little long winded tbh. I just exit to main menu, saving ofcourse, then enter into my game again, its a solution, but as i said its abit of an inconvenience.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:58 AM
Same problem for my Sims. They stand at the bed, but will not nap or sleep. Using TESTING CHEATS ON, hold down shift and click on the Sims, then using reset didn't help. I closed the game using Task Manager.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:44 AM
this happens to me a lot. only "Fix" i found was to plan outfits at the dresser. i find its like a soft reset for most que hangups like that. it WILL keep happening from time to time but its an easy enough kick to get it all going again.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:27 AM
Same problem for me. So far it only seems to occur with single beds, never a double bed.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 2:50 PM
I've found that when an interaction is stuck in the queue, using resetSim fixes it pretty easily. It's annoying sometimes -- especially when you send someone to bed and go follow another Sim around only to realize they haven't been sleeping for 5 hours like you told them to -- but it works and it's whatever.