1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3351 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 5:02 PM
ARGHHH! Uni rotation in Veronaville Uberhood. I tried to put it off because I really don't like uni. So, the last rotation I decided to wait until one of my playables went to uni before I went in and played all of them.

Stupid Rick Contrary.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3352 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:13 PM Last edited by TheDraizeTrain : 16th Jun 2018 at 9:38 PM.
Pascal Curious has been having some trouble in the love department. He has been mostly focused on his alien child and his career, so he is close to being an elder without having settled down yet. He's been going out to community lots to meet new people, but either the people he is interested in are already taken, or they don't like him back! He finally decided to contact the matchmaker and paid her the maximum amount out of desperation. Troy Fratster fell out the sky and they had a decent enough date. (But had to end it early after noticing neither of them continued having date-related wants). They shared a peck to end it and each got a crush on each other (Pascal's first kiss).

Troy stayed after the date, met the rest of family, and apparently was almost instantly smitten with Vidcund! Troy kept talking to Pascal here and there, but he must have said something off-putting because Pascal lost his crush for him. So I guess now Vidcund was fair game for Troy. Troy has been at the Curious house for 3 days now, heart-farting all over for Vidcund and even cheering him on when he was playing chess by himself! He won't leave even after everyone has left the house to go to work or school. Even though he is clearly obsessed with Vidcund, he sometimes (autonomously) still gives Pascal pecks. Pascal accepts the kisses, but it does nothing for him in the feeling department, still only seeing him as a friend.

So, I'm rolling with this glitch and I guess I have the two younger Curious brothers finally matched up, but Pascal is still a single dad. Guess it happens like in real life; not everyone gets matched up!
Instructor
#3353 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 1:48 AM
I’m currently making a ROS for Elgin in an attempt to spice things up. Elgin is doing well financially, but I’m afraid that it’s on the verge of being depopulated. My poor Sims are dying left and right (darn you, Real Sickness mod), and I’m hoping rolling random scenarios will help create a must needed baby boom.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#3354 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:40 PM

*loud upset sobbing*
I'm gonna hope it goes back to 14GB but oh my god its so frustrating
Mad Poster
#3355 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 2:52 AM
@didyouevenmakeasound Mine is 36.8 GB free of 298 GB.

By percentage, you're doing so much better!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3356 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:22 AM
You know that couple that 'doesn't want children'? They're going to have one..or two. Then there's Lynne Walton who wanted another child so badly she stalked her estranged husband. She's now pregnant, and trying to woo him back into their marital homestead.

At last count, Tinsel Town has 22 children. With more on the way. Then the baby boom will be done-I hope.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#3357 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:41 AM Last edited by Annorah : 20th Jun 2018 at 12:15 AM.
I am sims-deprived, so you may imagine reading all your tales is a low blow for me. My computer died; it has been almost two months without playing. And just as I had mustered the courage to resurrect Glarn Curious!

Call me crazy, but I cannot wait to get him and PT9 together as a kind of... couple. And yes, I knoooow, Jenny is Glarn's daughter and she is PT9's wife and both Glarn and PT9 have children related to Jenny, but what can you do? I refuse to believe Glarn was just an experiment, and Strangetown is naturally... strange. One more little twist will not make much of a difference, so to sum up, nothing is happening right now, but at least I am sharing with you what will happen once I get my computer back? Feel honoured!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3358 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound

*loud upset sobbing*

You could get another drive-unless your set up won't allow for that. I have my game installed on C and my hoods and downloads on D.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3359 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
*loud upset sobbing*

@didyouevenmakeasound

Don't worry about it too much- your free space will change according to the amount of temporary files and system allotted space.

For example, hibernation state files, system restore files, temporary files, paging files. Windows update files take up a fair amount of space too, and also recycle bins.

You can have Windows clean up some of these by right clicking on your hard drive and choosing 'Disk Cleanup'.

This should help also:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-up-drive-space
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3360 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:19 AM
currently just building on my megahood so it get plenty of houses everywhere *^*

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
#3361 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You could get another drive-unless your set up won't allow for that. I have my game installed on C and my hoods and downloads on D.

I have a drive but it's broken. It only connects when the wire is at a certain angle. It was a Christmas present and I'm pretty embarrassed that I managed to damage it this quickly.
It's a glitch on my laptop, it just keeps on doing this. For some reason it keeps losing a ton of space and then returning to normal, it's just taking longer to go back to normal this time :/

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@didyouevenmakeasound

Don't worry about it too much- your free space will change according to the amount of temporary files and system allotted space.

For example, hibernation state files, system restore files, temporary files, paging files. Windows update files take up a fair amount of space too, and also recycle bins.

You can have Windows clean up some of these by right clicking on your hard drive and choosing 'Disk Cleanup'.

This should help also:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-up-drive-space

Yep, I do the disk cleanup regularly, at least five times per day. I also clear my browser history every day because that frees up A LOT of space actually. I've recently updated, it should go back to normal soon.
Lab Assistant
#3362 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 6:51 PM
I'm building a Mediterranean-style farmhouse for the LeGacia family, which is...my legacy family. I hate building large homes so it's not looking too pretty at the moment.

I'm playing a lazy version of the BaCC in my neighborhood right now so I've also got the Munroe family selling produce and groceries at their co-op. I figured I could try to parody real life grocery co-ops by placing a ticket machine on the property (aka the "membership fee"), setting all of the grocery items to ridiculously cheap, and providing full-access to everything on the property as "membership perks". Right now, guests can use the outdoor garden and a pottery wheel to make their own pottery. Of course, due to EA programming customers are only interested in buying produce, but at least when I bring playable sims to the lot they can engage in other activities on the lot besides the shopping.

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#3363 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:20 PM
I'm currently playing in the stand-alone Pleasantview. I had "abandonned" this hood for a lot of months and (as I wrote on the "What have you done with Don" thread) I went back just to have fun with Don but it became more than that.
After I made Don to have babies with both Nina and Dina Caliente, I thought that I should let Cassandra cheat on him too. It was so easy to play Darren and have him invite Cassandra over. They have fallen in love and Cassandra got pregnant. But, apparently, the joke was on me because Cassandra gave birth to twins a boy, Gunther and a girl, Cornelia (I consider Cassandra that kind of girl to name her children by her anchestors and I love playing Gunther and Cornelia in the sims 3!). The life in the mansion became hectic with a toddler and 2 babies, so they had to hire a butler. The butler is great at helping with the babies and around the house but he has a very big flaw: he wants the gardener's job too. I have put too many shrubs all around the front and the back yard, so the gardener is very much needed, but everytime he is there, the butler goes nuts and follows him around, trimming shrubs and raking leaves, maybe trying to prove that he can do the job better. The result is, in one world, chaos Last time I played the Goths, the butler "left for the night" after the gardener had left too. I looked all around the house for baby Gunther and I found him on the kitchen floor with about 10 stinking baby bottles around him. Damn you butler, I swear I'm gonna fire him on the next rotation .
Apart from the problematic butler, life on the mansion goes well. Alexander has left for college and Don and Cassandra seem to have 2 different lives: One for their family (they still are very much in love) and one for their affairs and they don't seem to know that they are being cheated on. My problem is that I made them having affairs just for fun but I can't help feeling a little guilty. Don is really a model father, he is always around the babies feeding them and changing diapers and he doesn't seem to notice that baby Gunther is a spitting image of Darren .
Playing the Brokes feels different too. Dustin is in Sim State Uni with Angela. They are living in the Federal Fortress house from the bin which I made a kind of a private dorm. Lilith and Dirk live with them too. Dustin has already proposed to Angela and they are engaged. I think Dirk wants to propose to Lilith too but for some reason he has a fear that she will deny. When one of them rolls the want to get engaged, we will have the proposal.
Back in Pleasantview, Brandi is still single and she lives with Beau (he is a teen) and Justin (the baby she was pregnant with when the game started) who is a now a child. She works on the Education career and she constantly has a fear to... have another baby . Seriously Brandi? I have "broke" you too along with Don? She has Fortune as her second aspiration but I couldn't think that this would cause her not to want more children.

And in between of all that, I was trying to find possible girlfriends for Beau and Alexander (Alex is not in college yet, he is waiting in the bin for other teens to join him!). Lucy Burb is a good candidate, she recently grew up to teen but she hasn't met any boys yet. Then I remembered Melody Tinker Bluewater Village is the shopping district for Pleasantview but I had done nothing with the families there. So, I played the Tinkers.
Melody is a Knowledge sim with the LTW to be an Ecological Guru and she works on the Oceanography career. She was asking to bring Beau home from school and I was telling her "No" because she goes to work on 3 p.m. but the answer "No" was giving both of them 20 relationship points (that hack is brilliant ). After about a week Melody and Beau were BFFs. So, on a Monday (her day off work) when she asked again to bring Beau home after school, I answered "yes". They got off the school bus and Beau actually followed her like a puppy when she went in her parents' bedroom to put her homework in front of the desk (why does she always prefer to leave her homework there instead of her own room where she has a desk too?). Beau was "heart-farting" her non-stop and when she put the darn homework down and she turned to face him, she did the same thing too. There were 3 bolts for her and I had to make Beau selectable just for a check... Yeap! 3 bolts there too. For a moment I was afraid that they would take the whole situation to her parents' bed (it was closer) but Stephen was there too, playing computer games (as always!). No woohoo happenned that day but they had their first kiss and Beau... rolled the want to go steady which I couldn't deny. They spent the whole afternoon together playing chess and music and, of cource, kissing but they kept it there. Next weekend she invited him over and first thing she lead him to her bed. She got there first and waited for him on the bed naked. When Beau entered the room and saw her he... screamed (that annoying thing all sims do when they see someone naked!) but he got over it fast and they woohooed.
A funny thing occured on the next night around midnight: Melody is kind of obsessed with Alegra, the cat the family has, and she was chasing her around to hug her. On her part, Alegra is obessed with Stephen's and Wanda's bed and she wanted to sleep on that bed. Stephen and Wanda were asleep, cuddling the way all couples do when they sleep and Melody became... "disgusted"! Seriously Melody??? First of all it's kind of creepy to stalk your parents' bed when they are asleep and second, if you actualy slept with Beau the previous day (instead of ACR woohoo) you would sleep the same way they did, live with that .
Alchemist
#3364 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:55 PM
I accidentally moved Wanda Tinker into a lot where there's a small house with no door and she's standing out on the sidewalk laughing hysterically.
I had no idea they would do that!
Forum Resident
#3365 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:19 PM
Natasha Una moved to Strangetown, feeling like she didn't fit in in Desiderata Valley and hearing about this place where nothing - not even a grilled cheese obsession - is too strange.
Pascal Curious and newborn Seren moved out so that Pascal didn't feel like a burden to his brothers. He saw Natasha's advertisement in the newspaper for a lodger and thought 'Screw it, I need a place for my baby girl, and this woman doesn't seem too bad.'
He was certainly surprised by how 'not bad' he found her...in fact, he likes her very much indeed.
And Natasha? Well...Pascal certainly fits the description of 'someone mysterious' in her family bio.
I wonder what will blossom here?
( sorry, nervous. )
Field Researcher
#3366 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
I added @joandsarah77 's retirement home to Strangetown and I've been loving it more than I thought! I decided to make Vidcund and his new husband Troy as the owners. Vidcund just made it to the top of the science career and is a mad scientist, so his hours shouldn't interfere too much with running the home. Troy quit his job to manage the home full-time. (side note from my previous post: Troy is a tourist so that's why he stayed at the Curious house for like 5 days straight )

I made some changes to the place, but overall pretty much the same. Current residents are the Goodies, the Jocques, Dora Ottomas, and Makoto St. Julien.

Thanks for a great lot!

(pics are in reverse order apparently, oh well!)
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3367 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
Thanks for the ping @TheDraizeTrain I love seeing my lots getting used. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#3368 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:54 PM
So by now Cassandra Goth is a teenager and despite being very shy she actually has made a lot of friends so I decided to have her throw a pool party, which I thought would be the perfect opportunity to have her share her first kiss with Malcolm Landgraab. However than I realized that she has a lot of friends among the other female teenagers; Kaylynn Langerak, Jennifer Pleasant, Denise Jeffres(Denise Jacquet) Brandi Newbie, Dina Caliente and Katrina Caliente (the Caliente Cousin, meaning the cousin of Dina and Nina) but...Malcolm is the only boy she's close to. She tried to invite Brandi's and Kaylynn's brothers, but they didn't show up.
So...it was literally a pool party of 7 girls and a single boy Malcom must have a lot of confidence In the end everything went well and Cassandra got her kiss with Malcolm.
My in-game-born version of Malcolm is, thankfully less orange than the one that comes with Bluewater Village and a little bit better looking. Though he does look a bit like an evil hobbit.

Otherwise there were also a lot of other changes in the Goth household; Cornelia and Gunther have passed on, as have their cats. Magnus (Mortimer's and Bella's first son in my neighbourhood) grew up into a child and Alexander was born. Bella also inducted Cassandra into witchcraft. The lore passes on to the next generation.

And finally I have worked out a way to hopefully keep the neighbourhood from becoming waaaay to big for me to handle: aside from those families that need a set a mount of kids to lead to the "canon" version of Pleasantview (for example Brandi and Skip Broke will still get three kids) the number of children a couple will conceive will now depend on the aspirations of both parents: family+family = up to 3 children, family+other= up to 2 children, other+other = one child.
The exception to the rule will be the three "principal" families of the city: the Goths, the Landgraabs and the Crumplebottoms, who will be allowed to have as many babies as it takes to get a male heir.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#3369 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:09 PM
Here's Natasha being a good stepmother - Pascal and Natasha are finally dating and Seren has aged up into a toddler :lovestruc

I'm suddenly reminded that Natasha is my absolute favourite sim.
Lab Assistant
#3370 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:13 PM
Main house: Elizabeth, my legacy founder, and her husband Malcolm just aged up to elders.
Their heir, Aidan (so named because when Elizabeth was pregnant with him, she burned to death. Luckily, Malcolm saved her life.) just reached the top of the journalism career.
His daughter, Zoe, just moved off to Sim State University, where she is studying....philosophy, I think.
Forum Resident
#3371 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:35 PM
The fateful picture of Seren Curious that is my avatar. Isn't she just gorgeous? She has cute puffy lips and - aaaah! She sleeps in the bear onsie :lovestruc
Alchemist
#3372 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:03 AM
I have a hood called Zombie Apocalypse that was really just set up as a test hood so that I could work on tweaking Pescado's zombieapoc to be used without his thefightclub before putting it in a real hood, but I've kinda fallen in love with the test hood.

I made one zombie zero, then pretty quickly everyone got sick and became zombies except for children. A few children managed to lock an uninfected adult indoors away from the hordes so that they would still have an adult caretaker, but the majority were left fending for themselves. The eating brains, and infection, and turning was hilarious! I put in real sickness and many zombies got sick. Lots of great grim reaper scenes....

Then I needed the test space for something else and it didn't work to have everyone a zombie, so I decided to try a cure. I invited a big crowd of zombies to a community fountain that would just happen to cure zombiism. Lucky them. They lined up to take the cure, now not a blueskin around, but the aftermath is almost as funny.

The few children who kept an adult alive are left with odd characters, like one little girl took refuge with the (cloned) Therapist (he looks cute in jammies, btw) and they are still locked in a bunker together unaware that the war is over. Most sims are happy to be cured, but a bunch of them are angry at the sims who attacked and turned them and keep poking and arguing, and a few cured sims still walk with a limp, a glitch that's too funny to fix. All of this fun, and I wasn't even playing! I love The Sims!
Mad Poster
#3373 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:16 PM
The reprieve was short. The Ademanda-Lapham clan had been sent to the prison hood because of the discovery that Cristoforo was a vampire. Somehow the Council discovered the family was doing pretty well there and had added up quiiiiite a few simoleans. They were, in fact, really loaded.

This, of course, had NOTHING to do with the fact that the Council decided to forgive them and return them in good standing back to their former status. They gave them a tiny house, much too small, but granted them permission to alter the structure to meet their needs. They also forgave the fact that all the women and one of the men were pregnant. After all, they were from the prison hood. One must make allowances.

I got the idea they would probably turn a blind eye to almost anything. But, their hand was forced. One of Octavio's coworkers informed the Council that Octavio is not just a stupid-looking person, but is, in fact, a card-carrying bigfoot. Duh Duh DUN (cue large gasp)

The Council had no choice other than to exterminate him and exile the group (and their millions) back to Nowhere, the prison hood.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3374 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:02 PM
I am quite sure that Council has far too little to do! When did they last do anything productive? Really, it is time for the taxpayers to stand up against them and demand their money's worth! They should be fixing roads or something.
Mad Poster
#3375 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:38 PM
The Council appreciates your interest in our lovely country. We can assure the roads are kept in spit-spot condition. Citizens are happy and there is joy throughout the land.

Thank you, again, for your interest. We would love to book you a vacation here and maybe to interest you if you decide to make your time here permanent.

Really, we are kind and benign. :3

Page 135 of 349