Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 11:36 PM
Ahh don't close the round without me! My internet has been wonky all day, and I've been trying to work on my submission but it's only now cooperating with me.

I will have mine in asap.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#177 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:03 AM
I'll grant you another hour extension. But that's all I can do - we're on borrowed time as it is.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Test Subject
#178 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:06 AM
Default Carolyn Green -- Round Three
Carolyn Green's Round Three

Floor Plan

For this room, I went with a baby blue paint for the walls and a masculine-ish safari theme (to appease the father of the family!) with various pastel accents. There are no wall hangings to be found here, or easy-to-rip items in general, to help the parents keep the mess and destruction to a minimum! Instead of paintings or posters, I painted safari animals or scenes on the walls in central locations. Finally, I added in a closet with enormous amounts of storage space, since I know from experience that toddlers grow up fast, and that means lots of toys and clothes.

The Play Room

You can see I've put in a few trains for the boys to play with! I know they'll get lots of use.

The Look-Out Couch

The central location of this room is the three-seater couch and armchair here. From this spot, Mom and Dad can keep an eye on the boys no matter what room they're making mischief in. Additionally, I put a few scrapbooking supplies and two light blue leather books on the coffee table, so they can start a twin set of baby books to keep memories in!

Kitchenette

For food-training and easy clean-ups, I included a small kitchenette area with two highchairs across from the parent's look-out couch.

Bathroom

Speaking of training, here's the room for potty training. To the right of the toddler potty is a full-sized bath and shower for bathing any members of the family!

Changing Tables

For times when the potty training doesn't work out, here's one of the two changing tables in the area across from the cribs.

Twin Cribs

After a long day of work and play, the twin tots can sleep cozily next to each other in these cribs with safari animals bordering the bedding. Mom's reading chair (not a rocker, as requested) and baby-book shelf (baby-proofed!) are a short walking distance from the cribs, so the twins won't be disturbed in the transition from chair to crib. (Not pictured: the door to rest of the house is next to giraffe decal and has window panes so the parents can check on the sleeping kids without waking them.)

Also note that in the corner of the above picture is a snapshot of a safari scene wall decal.

Aquarium

Here I am getting the "underwater" area of the room ready by feeding the fish in the 100% child-safe tank. Shot was taken by my husband (who was lazing around on the window seat while I did all the work, of course).

Confession:
What was it like to design for such young children?

It was a walk down memory lane, I guess. My son just turned five this past year, so I've had some personal experience decorating rooms for babies/toddlers.

How was the budget this time?

Very funny, you almost gave me a heart attack there!

Was it easier to design with a client's input?

Yes, no question.

How do you feel about your competition?

I'm surrounded by incredibly talented designers! It's great--very inspiring. I'm very happy I joined this contest.

And finally, what's been your favorite challenge so far?

Hmm. I think the first challenge--the loft. I loved decorating a huge space like that all for myself! But who wouldn't?
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 9:24 AM
Beautiful pics every ....I just love these kinds of pics ....

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Instructor
Original Poster
#180 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:55 PM
Round Closed! I'll send the judging requirements later today, I promise. I have access to a computer at work!

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
#181 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 1:44 PM
ahhh i'm so impatient.
>_< :p
Instructor
Original Poster
#182 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:15 PM
I know, and I apologize for long waits at judging times. My life randomly determined this was a great time to implode on me.

#183 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:49 PM
aw :[
it's alright.
there's no reason to hurry
Instructor
Original Poster
#184 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 1:32 PM
I've got all scores, I'll post them in a little while.

I'm a full time nanny, and the kids that I look after will be coming to my home today as opposed to me going to their home, so I'll try and get it done a little later this afternoon, when everyone's down for rest time!

Instructor
Original Poster
#185 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:23 AM
Default Final Green Room Meeting

Welcome, Designers, to our final Green Room!

As you know, we got down to five contestants due largely to drop outs and no shows. So, we decided to make the scoring cumulative. All five of you had scores added up from Rounds One, Two, and Three, and that will be your final score.

First, however, there's the small matter of taking care of Round Three's scores themselves. So, here were the standings!

First Place for Round Three goes to Adz, with a score of 452 out of 505.
Second Place for Round Three goes to Audrey, with a score of 450 out of 505.
Third Place for Round Three goes to Armana, with a score of 429 out of 505.
Fourth Place for Round Three goes to Carolyn, with a score of 412 out of 505.
Fifth Place for Round Three goes to Gerbera, with a score of 400 out of 505.

Congratulations to you all!

Now, we have arrived at the end.

In Fifth Place, with a cumulative score of 1175, we have ...

Armana Demetri!

In Fourth Place, with a cumulative score of 1182, we have ...

Gerbera Svorsky!

In Third Place, with a cumulative score of 1249, we have ...

Carolyn Green!

In Second Place, with a cumulative score of 1291, we have ...

Audrey DeBarbarak!

And in First Place, with a cumulative score of 1315, we have our winner ...
ADZ BURNETTE!!!

Congratulations to all of you, this has been a TON of fun for me, as your host.

This is Piper Stone, and the Top Designer for this cycle is Adz Burnette!

(Please PM me for prize. Also, feedback is awesome! I may run a second cycle, if it would be joined!)

Field Researcher
#186 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:45 AM
Awesome, congrats Adz (Romy!)! Thanks for putting on a fantastic contest, Chelley, and thanks to the judges! I can't believe Audrey came in second, all of the contestants were so talented! It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to a second cycle!
#187 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:54 AM
Great Contest Chelley, Looking forward to the next cycle!!!

Congrats Romy a well deserved win. I concur with Intrepid with saying that all the contestants were very talented.
Scholar
#188 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 8:59 AM
Yay! Thank you Chelley, the judges and the other contestants :D
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:06 PM
Congratulations Adz/Romy... And great entries in this last round all of you =)
#190 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:19 PM
If you decide to do a second cycle, COUNT ME IN! Congratulations to everyone, its a JOB WELL DONE!

Page 8 of 8