Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 9:29 AM
Hello, me again still stuck
Right ok, i down load the thing's in to a file i call sims stuff. The i unzip them in WinZIP and put them in to the sims file maid. But they still dont end up in the game, what am i doing wrong? Please Help :mad:

Padface!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 9:33 AM
I assume u mean objects ect........ I dont know anything about sims file maid but all my downloads go in mydocuments/eagames/thesims2/downloads, maybe your problem is that you have them in a file called sims stuff
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 3:47 PM
Natz, you're posting your questions in Introductions, which is not the Help forum. I've moved it now. Please be aware of what forum you're posting in. Thanks.

DDO
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 5:59 PM
After you unzip them where do you put them?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 6:55 PM
i agree with silky. In order for you downloads to work in game, they must either be inside the EA games/sims2/download OR saved sims. folder for them to work otherwise they wont appear.

however when inside the downloads folder you can categorise this folder into many other folders although i found that i had a problem when i categorised the categorised so beaware. Only categorise your downloads folder once.

If you mean that you already categorised your folder then.....make sure that:
1. oviously dont categorise the categorised.
2. always after unzip, make sure that your new downloads are in the donwloads folder

If this error continues then you can try a reinstallation of the game. Assuming you know how to...i will tutorial you anyway,
start/control pannel/ add or remove programs/ ....the sims 2 uni ..... (only uninstall uni)
Before the reinstallation however you must if you want back up your data i.e. neighbourhoods and downloads (if you already have them in there)

If this still procedes then you can download the sims2 university patch. I myself was not aware there was one until someone said so in another post so i cant give you a link im afraid. Sorry.

Otherwise contact ea game/ the sims2 via their site and report this error to them.

and if worst comes to worst then your last resort lies with returning the game itself to the retailer at whch your purchased this game and at customer services report this and ask for another copy as there is a fault in your current one.

please come back and tell us which method works for you for the future reference here at MTS2 and increase our chances of help with others in the same situation as you.

regards

cheng101

Always say thankyou for a download
Always ask permission to alter someones download
Always ask to post an alteration of a download
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 2:50 AM
You either need to unzip them and put them into your downloads folder, as stated above, or drag the zipped files into file maid. File maid will unzip and put them in your game. I am not sure, but I don't think file maid will install already extracted files.

Teresa
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:31 AM
Try doing it without filemaid a couple of times - it could be that you missed something in the tutorials for FileMaid.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 3:00 PM
I done it now, i put them in the sims stuff file because when i downloded the strait in 2 documents/eagames/thesims2/downloads, it did not do anything. So i moved them to sims stuff 2 re-install them in 2 my download file, and it worked! Thanks for all your help!

Padface!