Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2023 at 10:05 PM
Default Making Sims Change Outfit When Interacting W/Object
I've recently downloaded some interactive fitness equipment cc that looks really nice in the game, but unfortunately Sims don't change into their active wear before using them so there's a lot of working out in suits & ties and high heels and such. I am not a modder, at all, but would there be an easy way for me to mod these items so that a Sim would change clothes before using them?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 6:38 PM
If the objects are using their own custom tuning, which I assume they must be otherwise the clothes not changing wouldn't be an issue, you could open the package with s4studio and add in a small section of code in the tuning to tell Sims performing the interactions to switch outfits.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
If the objects are using their own custom tuning, which I assume they must be otherwise the clothes not changing wouldn't be an issue, you could open the package with s4studio and add in a small section of code in the tuning to tell Sims performing the interactions to switch outfits.

Thanks! Would you know what that code would be and where exactly it would go?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 8:08 PM
I thought I did but I've just been looking and can't seem to find it now.
If you're a discord user I can highly recommend joining Creator Musings for help.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 9:47 PM
Thanks! I'll do that!
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 4:40 AM
Just so the answer is here for anyone looking for it, as it's far more useful to have it archivable instead of lost in a chat server-

The XML snippet is:
Code:
<L n="basic_extras">
        <V t="change_outfit">
            <U n="change_outfit">
                <V n="outfit_change" t="for_reason">
                    <U n="for_reason">
                        <V n="on_entry" t="enabled">
                            <E n="enabled">Category_Athletic</E>
                        </V>
                    </U>
                </V>
            </U>
        </V>
    </L>

Which can be added to the Interaction/SuperInteraction in S4S, just about anywhere that isn't breaking an existing pair of brackets.
This is how interactions like jogging do it, but it isn't present in the object interactions for the treadmill or workout machine. It's possible it tests for this externally based on tags either on the object or the interaction. If you wanted to match that, you could compare the CC tuning to the EA ones to narrow down what is missing.

You can comb through the tuning quite easily with the TDESC Builder: https://tdesc.lot51.cc/builder
Just select Import EA Tuning and type in keywords to find the relevant files Such as 'treadmill' turning up object_treadmill and treadmill_workout, which are where I would start comparing to their equivalents in the CC package.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2023 at 2:43 AM
So I added this to the objects and got one of them to work right away. Very first time I've ever messed around with objects in any way so I was thrilled to see it work. Sims still aren't changing when they use the other objects, so I'll definitely dig deeper when my brain feels clear enough to devote some time to it. Thank you!