Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:43 PM
Default Alien help please (2 questions regarding eyes and disguises)
Alright, first question. I have two cc eyes in my game. One is a default alien eye, here, and the other is non-default, here. When I go into CAS for aliens, the only eyes that show up as options are the default one. However, if I randomize the alien then the eyes on the sim can have the non-default eyes as well as the default ones. Is there any way to give them the non-default ones by choice or do I just have to deal with randomizing it?

My second question. I was playing my game and I found a randomly generated sim. I used MCC to fix him up in CAS and found out he was an alien. However, he didn't have a disguise despite already looking human. I clicked the button to give him a disguise and made his true form more alien-like. However, for some reason I found that in both forms he wasn't offered alien clothes. And regarding my eye problem above, he didn't have the default alien eyes and could instead be offered any of the eyes that regular sims get. I go into game finally done fixing him and throughout my days of having my sim be friends with him, I have yet to see his disguise. Any help?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:45 PM
I don't have help for you, rather a "me too." I encountered an alien that also surprised me because she had no disguise and had a completely human form as her "main" appearance, and when I went to edit her , she didn't have access to any alien details like the special skintones, faces, eyes, etc. I play aliens fairly frequently and the last time I did, this wasn't happening, so I wonder if it's a somewhat-recent bug? They should have disguises and have an alien appearance in their default version. I haven't had time to play recently so I haven't been able to troubleshoot it, but seeing your question reminded me of it. I hope someone knows more.
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hot Dawg
Alright, first question. I have two cc eyes in my game. One is a default alien eye, here, and the other is non-default, here. When I go into CAS for aliens, the only eyes that show up as options are the default one. However, if I randomize the alien then the eyes on the sim can have the non-default eyes as well as the default ones. Is there any way to give them the non-default ones by choice or do I just have to deal with randomizing it?

My second question. I was playing my game and I found a randomly generated sim. I used MCC to fix him up in CAS and found out he was an alien. However, he didn't have a disguise despite already looking human. I clicked the button to give him a disguise and made his true form more alien-like. However, for some reason I found that in both forms he wasn't offered alien clothes. And regarding my eye problem above, he didn't have the default alien eyes and could instead be offered any of the eyes that regular sims get. I go into game finally done fixing him and throughout my days of having my sim be friends with him, I have yet to see his disguise. Any help?

Did you go into CAS with MC Command Center without showing the Sim's alien form first?

I ask, because I've done that and it screwed up the Sim. Instead of having an alien form and a disguise that were distinct, I ended up with both looking human. Try using MC Command Center to remove their disguise first. The game generates disguised aliens as walkbys in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs and I'm wondering if that's how you found your random alien. If you remove their disguise before going into CAS then you'll be able to edit their alien form first and then do their disguise.

I don't use any defaults for aliens in my game since I never actively play one, but it sounds like maybe the eyes you have are broken? That problem sounds similar to when custom eyes for human Sims break.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:49 PM
Oof, I sorta fixed the problem. But yeah, I did go into CAS with MCCC before I even knew he was an alien. That human form WAS the disguise, it turns out. Just for some reason if you go into CAS when their disguise is on you can't change their alien form. I ended up joining this alien boi to my fam and then I wanted to see his true alien form, so I did that. Then I went into CAS and I was able to fix the alien form AND the disguise. The only downside was that the disguise in CAS looked different to the one that the sim had already walked around in. However, with enough fooling around with going into CAS with or without the disguise I was able to fix that problem.

So moral of the story, if you want to change an alien true form then make them switch out first :P

But that's weird about the eye thing, I have a different smaller set of eyes and they show up for aliens, despite not being defaults? I went into studio with the alien eyes that won't show up and they're checked as alien, so I wonder what the problem is.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hot Dawg
Oof, I sorta fixed the problem. But yeah, I did go into CAS with MCCC before I even knew he was an alien. That human form WAS the disguise, it turns out. Just for some reason if you go into CAS when their disguise is on you can't change their alien form. I ended up joining this alien boi to my fam and then I wanted to see his true alien form, so I did that. Then I went into CAS and I was able to fix the alien form AND the disguise. The only downside was that the disguise in CAS looked different to the one that the sim had already walked around in. However, with enough fooling around with going into CAS with or without the disguise I was able to fix that problem.

So moral of the story, if you want to change an alien true form then make them switch out first :P

But that's weird about the eye thing, I have a different smaller set of eyes and they show up for aliens, despite not being defaults? I went into studio with the alien eyes that won't show up and they're checked as alien, so I wonder what the problem is.

I'm glad you sorted out half of the problem! I don't understand what exactly makes custom content eyes break most of the time. I know there were some that broke with the Cats and Dog patch, because I remember seeing some updates going around Tumblr during the great mod meltdown of November.

I just don't use them for occults in my game, because I don't really play with them, and the one time I did get some for vampires, for some bizarre reason I had them spawn on a few human Sims. So, I said to heck with it and got rid of them. I even checked them in Sims 4 Studio and they were only checked for vampires and disallowed for random.

As for non-defaults, I've only ever used the kind that are contacts in the face paint section, not the kind that add additional swatches to eye color. So, I can't even speak to what might cause those to not work right broken or not.