Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 1:23 PM Last edited by Perzikpit : 1st Jan 2018 at 9:04 PM. Reason: Solved
Solved: Cat died and urn vanished: can I get it back?
When I bought Sims 4 Pets, I made a new family with a cat called Zalm (Salmon in English). The cat died of old age eventually, which was very sad, but I got an urn so all was fine.
Shortly after I went to build mode, changed the layout of the family's home and made a nice shrine for poor little Zalm. I went back to live mode and planned the outfits of my sims in CAS (testingcheats was on, maybe that had something to do with it?). Then I saved their new looks and went back to live mode. Turned out that ALL the changes I made in the house were lost, everything I built was gone and even worse: Zalm's urn was gone
I searched everywhere on the lot, in the inventories (sims, family), but nothing. The urn had vanished. I moved the family to another lot, keeping all their furnishing, hoping that the urn would turn up, but nothing.
So I built a new home for the family and made a new little shrine with a cat statue instead of an urn and kinda forgot about it.
Another cat died, still had his urn and his little ghost came to haunt my family. I added him to the household. Then suddenly, I got a notification saying that Zalm's spirit is losing connection to earth. Then I went to look through my sims's contacts and I found Zalm!

When I clicked on the icon, nothing happened though, I can't travel with her for example.

So I started to look up ways to bring Zalm back. I installed the MC Command Center in the hopes of doing so, but unfortunately, Zalm doesn't have a last name, which seems to make it impossible for me to get her back/summon her:

Zalm (Elder: Ghost)/ Partner: None/Home: None/Current Children: 2
Summon Sim > Zalm > OK
Zalm not found!
(I also tried with the last name of the family she lived in, but nothing, she cannot be found; however I can summon other (live, don't have other ghost) pets with a first and last name)

Her ghost has never visited the family, so I'm not sure what to do now.
Is there a way to get my very first Sims 4 cat back? Or has she vanished into nothingness forever?
Thanks in advance! And happy New Year

Nina

Edit:
Found a copy of Zalm in my gallery, will continue with her like nothing happened Thanks!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Perzikpit
When I bought Sims 4 Pets, I made a new family with a cat called Zalm (Salmon in English). The cat died of old age eventually, which was very sad, but I got an urn so all was fine.
Shortly after I went to build mode, changed the layout of the family's home and made a nice shrine for poor little Zalm. I went back to live mode and planned the outfits of my sims in CAS (testingcheats was on, maybe that had something to do with it?). Then I saved their new looks and went back to live mode. Turned out that ALL the changes I made in the house were lost, everything I built was gone and even worse: Zalm's urn was gone
I searched everywhere on the lot, in the inventories (sims, family), but nothing. The urn had vanished. I moved the family to another lot, keeping all their furnishing, hoping that the urn would turn up, but nothing.
So I built a new home for the family and made a new little shrine with a cat statue instead of an urn and kinda forgot about it.
Another cat died, still had his urn and his little ghost came to haunt my family. I added him to the household. Then suddenly, I got a notification saying that Zalm's spirit is losing connection to earth. Then I went to look through my sims's contacts and I found Zalm!

When I clicked on the icon, nothing happened though, I can't travel with her for example.

So I started to look up ways to bring Zalm back. I installed the MC Command Center in the hopes of doing so, but unfortunately, Zalm doesn't have a last name, which seems to make it impossible for me to get her back/summon her:

Zalm (Elder: Ghost)/ Partner: None/Home: None/Current Children: 2
Summon Sim > Zalm > OK
Zalm not found!
(I also tried with the last name of the family she lived in, but nothing, she cannot be found; however I can summon other (live, don't have other ghost) pets with a first and last name)

Her ghost has never visited the family, so I'm not sure what to do now.
Is there a way to get my very first Sims 4 cat back? Or has she vanished into nothingness forever?
Thanks in advance! And happy New Year

Nina
When you created your sim family it should have saved a copy in your game library, go there and click it and move cat out, put it back with the family. unfortunately, you will have to start all over with that cat if yo have trained it. you'll find it in Gallery top right then your library.
Deceased
#3 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:47 AM
From what you're describing, it sounds like Zalm has a "sim_info" entry so it should be recoverable. I'm not 100% sure that just the lack of a last name is what is preventing it from being recovered, but you could try this to see if your suspicions are correct. Install my Change Sim Name or Gender mod and try renaming it to have a new last name. If the last name is truly blank (and not invalid/unprintable) then you should be able to do this with the command:
rename zalm ""
(That's two double quote marks with no space in between)

Note that I'm not sure the rename command will work on pets, but I have no way to test that. To the best of my knowlege though it should work, since they are just a different "species" of Sim.

ETA - Had a thought and after trying something I don't think this will help at all. I renamed a Sim in my game to have a blank last name and was still able to summon them with MCCC just fine, so there's likely some other reason it can't be found. Unfortunately as I don't have the pets pack there's not much more I can do to help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:02 PM
Thanks for your input both!
I was able to find Zalm back in my Gallery like Stardust74 suggested, so I moved this copy in. My Sims still has ghost Zalm as a contact, but ah well. Thank you very much