Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:14 AM Last edited by krudyard : 14th Feb 2017 at 4:24 AM.
Default Altering price of object on SimPe
Hi, I'm fairly new to SimPE (with the latest version) so excuse my utter bewilderment.
I recently downloaded some custom content which included a desk tray, but it is incorrectly described as a 12th century vase and priced at 4000 simoleons. How do I change the price and description? I've read that it's the OBJD in raw data tab but I don't know where that is. Under Tools there is PJSE and then OBJD tool - is this the right one? When I click on it it asks for an object definition tool with a blank text box I can't enter anything in. (If I go to the object list in object creation it doesn't list that particular custom object). There's also Object Tools in the dropdown menu with Open virtual LUA package and hash generator. It's all meaningless to me. So how do I do a catalogue sort and find the raw data?

Edit: it appears I don't have the latest version but 0.72 which I got from http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=SimPE thinking it was the latest. Should I install 0.73.44? Will it overide 0.72 or do I uninstall that first?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 11:39 PM
Thanks for those wonderfully clear instructions.
Under price for the item, when I finally found it, it has 0x0fa0. Do I just remove fa0 and put whatever price I want?
I successfully changed the description, thank you.

When I attempted to install 0.73.44 by clicking on the SimPe.exe file I kept getting a popup to say that SimPE had stopped working with Microsoft attempting to find a solution (as it does). Oh well.

Thanks again.
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by krudyard
Under price for the item, when I finally found it, it has 0x0fa0. Do I just remove fa0 and put whatever price I want?

If you click on the "Decimal" radio button (top right in that panel) 0x0FA0 will magically change to 4000. Just type in the new price

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 4:11 AM
Woohoo. Done. Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 2:08 AM
Hmm, the catalogue description seems all fine in SimPe, but in game it's still showing up as a 12th century vase...? The pricing at least is more realistic now.
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:15 AM
Delete the cache files
Try Ctrl-Right-Click (although I think that only updates the icon)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward