Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 5:25 PM
Default Cheap Laptops that you can play the Sims?
What is a good cheap laptop you can play the sims on?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:27 PM
Depends which game. TS2 will probably run on an older, cheaper system. TS3 needs a slighty more powerful computer, but I ran it with a Nvidea gtx240 and 2x 2.1GHz which shouldn't be too expensive either, but it was a bit laggy.
Just look up the minimum and recommended requirements and I'm sure you can find a healthy in-between spec laptop.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:13 AM
You can choose Acer Chromebook 14 under $300 which is very cheap. I purchase it from ReviewsDir. The elite and premium look, display quality is fluid with great for the price have a look specs.

Intel Celeron N3160 Quad-Core Processor 1.6GHz
100% Aluminum Chassis
4GB LPDDR3 Onboard SDRAM Memory, 32GB Internal Storage
14 inch Full HD IPS Display (1920 x 1080)
Up to 12-hours Battery Life
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:38 PM
A good place to ask this question would be Computer and Software Technical Support section: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=563

Not least because the mod there is extremely knowledgeable. You could ask a mod to move the thread for you if you like (not me, I don't have the permissions in this section)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dar13
What is a good cheap laptop you can play the sims on?

My Intel Celeron could run it on low to medium settings but it keeps overheating and shutting off when I put it on high performance.