Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
AndrewGloria I used that method last time (this time I wanted to try templates), but it wasn't developed by Moo but by esme who hasn't been around the community for a couple of years now. She asked Moo about it and Moo vouched for it as another method though, so that's what you might be remembering.
As I recall Jo it was the other way round. mootilda was arguing that the empty Pleasantview templates then available on MATY weren't really empty and might still contain data that could cause corruption. esmeiolanthe (to give her her full name) claimed that her one really was empty, which was true because (if I recall correctly) she was using a zero length N001_Neighborhood.package (i.e. file length 0 bytes). Mootilda agreed that that was indeed empty, but said it wasn't necessary, as simply not having a Pleasantview template in the program files would work just as well. Some of us thought that the game wouldn't be able to create a new neighbourhood if it couldn't find a Pleasantview (N001) template, but it actually just goes on and creates a neighbourhood without townies or NPCs. I think esme then changed to doing it mootilda's way. I can try and find the thread if you like.

That was about 4-5 years ago. At that time there were a couple of empty Pleasantview templates available on MATY. The older one had been made by trying to remove all the Sims and lots from the maxis original, and mootilda was convinced that it might still contain Sim data, so it couldn't really be considered safe. The newer one (by Argon) was claimed to be emptier and safer. I looked at it in SimPE, and it appeared to have been built on Maxis Driftwood terrain rather than using Maxis Pleasantview, so it shouldn't contain any references to Pleasantview Sims. But mootilda still wasn't convinced that it was totally clean: so it was safer just not to use a template at all. I believe there are newer and better empty templates available today.

I made my first custom 'hood (Teston Woods, my test 'hood) using Argon's empty template. My three subsequent custom 'hoods (New Desconia [2014], Baldrair Bluffs [2017] and Elswyn [2017]) were all made using no template at all. This is why I don't have the Pleasantview townies in any of them. Instead I made new townies, some made in CAS and some generated by the game. All these neighbourhoods are still working.

If you think of it, when it's creating a new 'hood, the only thing the game uses the Pleasantview template for is to get the townies and NPCs from it. So, if you don't want these Sims, there's no need for any Pleasantview template.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You don't need special empty templates to avoid getting the Pleasantview townies in new custom 'hoods. All you need to do is remove the Pleasantview folder (N001) from Program Files.

You don't even need to go that far. Simply renaming the folder is enough. There's no need to actually delete it.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#53 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:34 AM
I am not going to get rid of any of the Sims 2 original Townies, over the years I have got use to their faces. I think I would miss all of them,they have become a habit.
There is a few townies Sims that are missing, I guess it depend on your Eps you have, there are a few here I never seen before.

Click on picture for larger view
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 2:15 AM
As I recall Jo it was the other way round. mootilda was arguing that the empty Pleasantview templates then available on MATY weren't really empty and might still contain data that could cause corruption. esmeiolanthe (to give her her full name) claimed that her one really was empty, which was true because (if I recall correctly) she was using a zero length N001_Neighborhood.package (i.e. file length 0 bytes). Mootilda agreed that that was indeed empty, but said it wasn't necessary, as simply not having a Pleasantview template in the program files would work just as well. Some of us thought that the game wouldn't be able to create a new neighbourhood if it couldn't find a Pleasantview (N001) template, but it actually just goes on and creates a neighbourhood without townies or NPCs. I think esme then changed to doing it mootilda's way. I can try and find the thread if you like.

That was about 4-5 years ago. At that time there were a couple of empty Pleasantview templates available on MATY. The older one had been made by trying to remove all the Sims and lots from the maxis original, and mootilda was convinced that it might still contain Sim data, so it couldn't really be considered safe. The newer one (by Argon) was claimed to be emptier and safer. I looked at it in SimPE, and it appeared to have been built on Maxis Driftwood terrain rather than using Maxis Pleasantview, so it shouldn't contain any references to Pleasantview Sims. But mootilda still wasn't convinced that it was totally clean: so it was safer just not to use a template at all. I believe there are newer and better empty templates available today.

I made my first custom 'hood (Teston Woods, my test 'hood) using Argon's empty template. My three subsequent custom 'hoods (New Desconia [2014], Baldrair Bluffs [2017] and Elswyn [2017]) were all made using no template at all. This is why I don't have the Pleasantview townies in any of them. Instead I made new townies, some made in CAS and some generated by the game. All these neighbourhoods are still working.

If you think of it, when it's creating a new 'hood, the only thing the game uses the Pleasantview template for is to get the townies and NPCs from it. So, if you don't want these Sims, there's no need for any Pleasantview template.

Andrew I don't know about all those other details but esme never gave me any empty package and she told me she was going to ask Moo to be sure it was a safe method. Esme used to be a member on my friend's board (which is where I knew her from) before she came here and she was talking about it then before she even asked Moo. Not to say Moo wasn't also doing things on MATY, but esme did a tutorial on her method without input from Moo, she asked after it was up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#55 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:18 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 19th Jul 2018 at 11:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Andrew I don't know about all those other details but esme never gave me any empty package and she told me she was going to ask Moo to be sure it was a safe method. Esme used to be a member on my friend's board (which is where I knew her from) before she came here and she was talking about it then before she even asked Moo. Not to say Moo wasn't also doing things on MATY, but esme did a tutorial on her method without input from Moo, she asked after it was up.
I've found the exchange between esme and Moo that I was talking about. It's in my 2014 Tarlia's templates or Maxis templates? thread that I started when I thought I had terminal corruption in Veronaville. The relevant bit starts here with Mootilda's post #47. It seems that esme made her own empty template by opening the Pleasantview neighbourhood package file in SimPE and deleting everything in it! Mootilda agreed that would work and was safe, but still thought it was simpler just to temporarily remove the whole Pleasantview template.

I'm sure your recollections are correct too Jo. You've been in the Sims community a lot longer than I have. I really am a Johnny-come-lately to the Sims 2 world, only buying my game in October 2012 -- 3 months before EA completely shut down the official Sims 2 site. Little did I guess how significant that £7 purchase would be in my life!

[EDIT] By the way esme's still around, even if she's not posting regularly here any more. I checked her profile and she was logged on yesterday. I think she posts more often on tumblr.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#56 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:41 AM
I like townies, but I hate Ethan Barrett and Linda Barthelet. They come to my lots to kick the bin and then leave.

I used to hate La Shawn Cameron for the same reasons, but it appears she is now behaving herself. She and Ethan Barrett got a makeover as punishment for their misbehaviour in my previous game. She walked around dressed in a hula outfit, while Ethan was offered a clown outfit.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Theorist
#57 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:37 AM
Looking back to my long history with Sims 2 I don't think I have ever even moved in any of the default Townies, except Kaylynn Langerak, and with her it is mainly because she's so involved with the histories of the Pleasantview Premades. Aside from her none of them ever got to marry one of my Sims or reproduce.
I don't move-in my replacement ones all that often either, so far in my current neighbourhood I have moved-in one (1) townie

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:17 AM
I've found the exchange between esme and Moo that I was talking about. It's in my 2014 Tarlia's templates or Maxis templates? thread that I started when I thought I had terminal corruption in Veronaville. The relevant bit starts here with Mootilda's post #47. It seems that esme made her own empty template by opening the Pleasantview neighbourhood package file in SimPE and deleting everything in it! Mootilda agreed that would work and was safe, but still thought it was simpler just to temporarily remove the whole Pleasantview template.

I'm sure your recollections are correct too Jo. You've been in the Sims community a lot longer than I have. I really am a Johnny-come-lately to the Sims 2 world, only buying my game in October 2012 -- 3 months before EA completely shut down the official Sims 2 site. Little did I guess how significant that £7 purchase would be in my life!

[EDIT] By the way esme's still around, even if she's not posting regularly here any more. I checked her profile and she was logged on yesterday. I think she posts more often on tumblr.

Good to know she is still around, so many of the people I use to know have left the community.

That must be a discussion on something other than Esme's Tutorial which you can find detailed on her LJ.
https://esmeiolanthe.livejournal.com/131558.html

This is what I was referring to.
1. Back up your current game. (Generally good practice whenever you're fiddling around with anything.)
2. Make a new folder somewhere that's not your EA Games folder. (Mine is on the desktop, but you can put yours anywhere you'd like.)
3. Find the template you want to remove.
4. Move that template to the new folder you made.
5. Create a new hood and enjoy the lack of Maxis sims.

That is the method of hers that I used first and as you can see uses no downloads.
Post to Moo was January and her tutorial was October that year. My guess is she changed her mind and had another talk to Moo. Either that or I am horribly confused, which there is also a high chance of lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:01 AM
Yo, if Marsha Bruenig could quit calling my Sims even when they're well into adulthood, that'd be swell.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aria711
Yo, if Marsha Bruenig could quit calling my Sims even when they're well into adulthood, that'd be swell.

Make her playable - use the Simblender tree and then go to Family->Move In/Adopt->Marsha Bruenig. She is quite pretty as a teen and adult.
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Make her playable - use the Simblender tree and then go to Family->Move In/Adopt->Marsha Bruenig. She is quite pretty as a teen and adult.

Sounds like a good idea! I've been thinking of having some of my Sims adopt. Now I just have to find the best parent for her.

According to the Sims wiki, she has the same facial structure as Joe Carr, and he's a pretty good-looking Sim, so I've got high hopes. ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 6:35 PM
Ugh... I really hate Trista Shaw (blonde) and Shanna Landry (downtownie). Shanna had the last name Steele in my game. Those Sims are pure bullies!
Instructor
#63 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:36 PM
i remember 9 years ago i played riverblossom hills if i don't spell it wrong and then using blue water in this sims town

but what annoys me that much was their ugly faces, i played it at my sisters home when i was new to the sims 2

but 2 years after i was new to this sims 2 thing i found out you could make your own sims town, ever since then it won't bother me that much anymore
i Always use deleteallcharacters cheat to get rid of their ugly sims after i maked the other (familair) towns such as blue water
Mad Poster
#64 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 1:11 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 7th Oct 2018 at 1:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
i Always use deleteallcharacters cheat to get rid of their ugly sims after i maked the other (familair) towns such as blue water
Using the deleteallcharacters cheat causes neighborhood corruption.
(example): http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...474#post5174474

Here is one tutorial on how to create an empty neighborhood safely. There may be other better ones - this was just the first one I was able to find.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...an_neighborhood

EDIT: Other recommendations from various other sites. If you find Maxis sims ugly and names stupid, get default replacement face templates and a replacement name file. There are lots of both all over the web, so it shouldn't be hard to find names and faces you prefer. Obviously these will only affect new sims, not sims that are already in your game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
i remember 9 years ago i played riverblossom hills if i don't spell it wrong and then using blue water in this sims town

but what annoys me that much was their ugly faces, i played it at my sisters home when i was new to the sims 2

but 2 years after i was new to this sims 2 thing i found out you could make your own sims town, ever since then it won't bother me that much anymore

That is a VBT. (Very Bad Thing)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 1:14 AM
I'm looking at you Jan Tellerman..
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:06 PM
One of my sims said hi to Marisa Bennett who was just passing by. Then she runs around crazy running upstairs and downstairs then repeating again and again. She never stops until she encounters the sim I am trying to tie a notch with the houseowner sim. She then shoves her at the chest. This poor girl did not even know Marisa (now she knows!). She has shy personality so she chooses to cry than shoving her back. She hides away from Marisa but Marisa aint fool. She keeps chasing her to shove and insult her. This went from 6 pm to 12 pm because the houseowner was sleeping so the time went so fast I couldnt help her but I managed to wake the owner and make him say goodbye to Marisa. You are a pure evil, Marisa. I don't want to see you again!

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Scholar
#68 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 7:18 PM
Benjamin "Longnose". Nuff' said. :p
Page 3 of 3