Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 6:32 PM Last edited by DanTheMann15 : 5th Oct 2018 at 4:26 AM.
Default Source Materials for my mods for developers.
Hi there,

I am posting this topic because i wish to make my source materials available to anyone.

The reason being is that these materials won't really do any good by being stored in a backup drive that i got, so i figured i'd upload them somewhere here on ModTheSims so they'd benefit modders of the sims community.

It's a similar concept to making a program open-source, but i'm providing mainly textures and a couple of prefabs.

You are free to use these source materials for anything you can dream of making!
the only thing i ask for is credit if you upload something made using these materials.

Have Fun!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  computerscreens-dev.zip (17.6 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Description: it's an empty template package that contains all the needed resources to make a complete texture replacement for computerscreens.
File Type: zip  consistent_planthealth-faces.zip (22.1 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This package contains planthealth faces that are more consistent, instead of looking slightly off between ui elements.
File Type: zip  freshlypaved_asphaltroads_3.0-source_material.zip (31.96 MB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The source material for the Beta Mod, Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads 3.0
File Type: zip  freshlypaved_asphaltroads-source_material.zip (25.75 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The source material for Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads 1.0 to 2.4.1
File Type: zip  yellowlined_asphaltroads-source_material.zip (23.32 MB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The source material for Yellow-Lined Asphalt Roads 1.0 and 1.1
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 6:37 PM
Hi @DanTheMann15 !

I guess it might be helpful to say what you're uploading exactly. It took me a bit to figure out that these were textures you used for your neighborhood. If it's coding however, it might be helpful to check out githib instead

I'll move it to Create so it's in the correct forum
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 5:46 AM Last edited by DanTheMann15 : 23rd Sep 2018 at 6:01 AM.
This isn't code to any program, if it all was source code then i'd use github, and i wouldn't have posted here. :P

Really though, it's the original textures that i used to build my Road Mods,
and a prefab for replacing the computer screen textures in The Sims 2.

The prefab for computerscreens is a .package file that contains all the game resources that are involved with the computer screen textures,
with that .package, you can create your own Computer OS mod similar to Microsoft Windows for Sims 2.

as for the textures to my road mods, people could use those textures to say;
make my road mods compatible with terrain replacement mods, such as mzcynammon's
Neighborhood Greener Grass Terrain Replacement.

or use it as a starting point to make their own road mods, as the source material also has all the game resources in it too.

as for the consistent plant health faces, it's another prefab that was once a mod i tried to upload a few years ago, but it was rejected.
It contains the exact .package that i tried to upload in April, 2015.

The reason it was rejected was because it was impossible for me to make an image that "super clearly" shows the difference
with and without the mod since the difference is nearly too-small for the average person to see.

but the difference is still quite noticeable to me and anybody else who has OCD.