Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#8026 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:28 PM
Oh, I forgot that a new town was already established. I wonder how Riviera will fit in the timeline, though-
Advertisement
Scholar
#8027 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:30 PM
They're back! The Goth Family! :D

~Credits to SNW

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Scholar
#8028 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
They're back! The Goth Family! :D

~Credits to SNW

This was revealed a few pages back already lol. This forum is on top of everything.
Mad Poster
#8029 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:36 PM
Well even though EA threw us a bone with the Goth pic I am back on the fence until we get to see game play because it is still all about the game play for me. (It is also about hardcopy disk to.)

ADD: YES, Yes I am able to resist again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#8030 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:04 PM
It looks like they're going to keep throwing us bones until E3. Which I love -- I can't wait for the trailer on Wednesday. But I agree, they really need to up their game and answer the basic gameplay questions come E3.
Forum Resident
#8031 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:13 PM
Question. Do we know whether the base game will come with more than one neighbourhood/world/whatever?
Scholar
#8032 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
Question. Do we know whether the base game will come with more than one neighbourhood/world/whatever?

As far as *I* know personally, there hasn't been any info leakage about the neighbourhoods... I could be wrong, and not as 'rabidly foaming-at-the-mouth' up-to-date on news as I try to be... The only hint we've had about neighbourhoods is the concept art hidden in Into The Future, and the shots from the neighbourhood during Gamescom. Those pics look like two different places, but I'm going out on a limb saying that.

Hopefully we'll learn more come E3 - or should I say, we'd better learn more come E3!

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#8033 Old 8th May 2014 at 4:01 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhh
Instructor
#8034 Old 8th May 2014 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manueldog
So Guys, i have a question. Last year on Gamescom they sad everything you see is Pre-alpha Software. So its all about 20% from the actual game.
And now here are the different stages:

How could this even possible to finished the game in one year? They work 4 years and still have a Pre-Alpha Game. And in one year they want to get the 5 next steps?!

I think its impossible, so we will get a Alpha/Beta Game?

Stages aren't all equal. Look at this post from Graham:
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Alpha means feature complete... no new features get added to the game beyond that point.
Pre-Alpha means features are still being implemented, the game is in full production, and there's the potential to add additional features.
Pre-Production means that the game is still being concepted, designed, prototyped, etc. The team generally isn't fully ramped up or staffed yet.

Now, I know from my own experience of following game news that most games will spend a long time in pre-production, and common sense would tell us that getting to be feature complete is the biggest hurdle for a game--everything past there is just tweaking and tuning, for the most part. You're misunderstanding the steps themselves, too: the last one is clearly just "shipped," as the one before it is release to manufacturing, AKA "going gold," when a game's coding is done and it begins to be put on discs. (And anymore, most games of this size get day one patches so that the developers can continue working on the game after it's gone gold.) So we know that as of GDC they were in alpha, feature complete, and we know that the game is going to be released by the end of September. So that gives them six months to tune the game's already-in-place systems and bug test. That seems like plenty of time to me.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Alchemist
#8035 Old 8th May 2014 at 4:46 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhh

Where did you get that pic? :o
Lab Assistant
#8036 Old 8th May 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Where did you get that pic? :o

I think it's from here:
http://www.pinguintech.nl/2013/12/2...-van-de-sims-4/

Addenbrooke: a beautiful and magical world with a large city.
Instructor
#8037 Old 8th May 2014 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
A couple of pages ago people were moaning about its "horrible marketing strategy". All it took was one render and people are already throwing money at them, praising Sims 4 to death. I hope we don't get burned, because this is pretty much why Sims is so milked and crappy right now.

that's a slight exaggeration! people are happy to see the Goths because it confirms they will be in the game, and it's nice to see that a fan favourite family who has been in the series from the start will be reappearing. Combine that with the fact that Mortimer and Bella look really, really good, and we know we're getting a trailer - that's definitely cause to renew interest in the game I doubt anyone's pre-ordered just from seeing the Goth photo or anything

Bustin' Out!
Instructor
#8038 Old 8th May 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Stages aren't all equal. Look at this post from Graham:

Now, I know from my own experience of following game news that most games will spend a long time in pre-production, and common sense would tell us that getting to be feature complete is the biggest hurdle for a game--everything past there is just tweaking and tuning, for the most part. You're misunderstanding the steps themselves, too: the last one is clearly just "shipped," as the one before it is release to manufacturing, AKA "going gold," when a game's coding is done and it begins to be put on discs. (And anymore, most games of this size get day one patches so that the developers can continue working on the game after it's gone gold.) So we know that as of GDC they were in alpha, feature complete, and we know that the game is going to be released by the end of September. So that gives them six months to tune the game's already-in-place systems and bug test. That seems like plenty of time to me.

Bah. I knew I was forgetting something about the alpha and beta stages: To my knowledge, alphas are when the game is feature complete, and it moves on to beta when it's content complete, meaning it's not just tuning and bug testing left.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Forum Resident
#8039 Old 8th May 2014 at 5:57 PM Last edited by TARLACHRed : 8th May 2014 at 6:11 PM.

Uhhhhhhhhhh

That looks 'shopped.

The first landscape picture, I don't even know what that is. But it really doesn't look like TS4. There's not even any marker on the picture to indicate it's for TS4. And the "world artworks" font looks like it was added in.

The only thing that looks similar is the architecture in the landscape picture and the one showing off the GUI.
Test Subject
#8040 Old 8th May 2014 at 6:23 PM
I think it was an artwork of a producer there, was it? They leaked several pictures from him, including a few other neighbourhood shots if I remember correctly.
Alchemist
#8041 Old 8th May 2014 at 6:30 PM
Looking back at the alpha pic several pages ago, I realized something. Am I the only one who's annoyed that the plumbbob is solid, and doesn't reflect or shine?

It looks plain ugly. I hope it's polished when the game's released.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#8042 Old 8th May 2014 at 6:48 PM
The plumbob wont look bad at all. It will shine. In that picture it is all about the way they programmed sims, I dont think it is the way we'll have it. And if so, I think it still looks good to be honest. Here another picture showing a shiny plumbie!

So I think it looks GREAT !
Test Subject
#8043 Old 8th May 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
TS3 needs to be erased from everyone's minds.

It doesn't even look like it fits in with TS1, TS2, and TS4, when you look at the lineup.

It seems that the look and eyes of the Sims 3 is the most expressionless of all generations...

I used believe in six impossible things before breakfast.
Test Subject
#8044 Old 8th May 2014 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
I agree about the concern of the quality of the game (as in my opinion, they quality of the sims (looks-wise) seems to be partially good (I say partially because the sims do look good but I'm wondering how they translate to genes in genetics...see below))
Male

But while I'm thinking of that, my mind goes off in tangents:
Like other games, can the trailer be composed of mostly game play?
Can we get a list (and a few pictures) of each lifestage and their available abilities/skills/activities?
E.g.
Babies:
  • limbs and/or (hopefully optional) wrap like a burrito (when the sims get temperature)
  • able to read to?
  • learn to crawl?
  • babyseats in car? Or those baby carrier things to free hands? (not a parent, I don't know what those things are called)
  • sing to? read to? talk to? (pretty sure a lot of parents talk to babies before they can talk to answer back)
  • bathe? play with?
  • would it be possible to see the baby before naming them?
  • perks of home-birth vs. hospital (and any difference in TS4 from TS3)
  • difference, information on pregnancies (and can many clothing be worn during pregnancy? How many days is pregnancy?)

On a lighter note, what kind of quirky food do you think there will be e.g. Goopy Carbonara? With the Goths being a focus now, maybe a Lobster d'Mort or a food or wine named after Bella (red wine of course )

Another tangent, I wonder if sims have favorite and hated foods or ingredients or even allergies (probably not because I've heard those are really annoying [I'm lactose intolerant but I don't know if that's the same])

Also I wonder if the Goths might have that alcoholic lady skeleton (I forgot her name) as a maid from the start...fits their name after all

Also since in the Sims 2 (I think) the Goths had a graveyard (am I thinking the right family?)which relative will be alive or dead? And how do ghost act in this version of the series?

Also how are schools? Public and private from the start again I hope.

Also, when in or out, do groups of sims sit at the same table, or if the table is too small, sit at the next table?

Gah, so many questions...do they have some sorta form we can fill out with our questions that they will answer?

Your comment has made me ask myself the same questions I asked myself ago time.
Many details ...
Will we have food, music and favorite color?
Alcoholic lady made ​​me laugh, she was called in Spain Bonehilda: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../Bonehilda3.png
I would like to see her in TS4.
With regard to private school, I liked when in TS2 the director of the private school came home to assess the family.

I used believe in six impossible things before breakfast.
Theorist
#8045 Old 8th May 2014 at 7:26 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 8th May 2014 at 7:57 PM.

Regarding the artwork and neighborhood speculation. The three neighborhoods thing was just me trying to match up the concept art in his portfolio to anything we already had on the game. Besides the Riviera themed art I don't think the connection is very strong.

Here's a recreation of my original post (deleted photos ) for the background on the artwork in the pictures and my follow up post which is pure speculation (deleted photos ). None of the artwork has been confirmed to be for The Sims 4 and the artist specifically stated they weren't. But... there's definitely New Orleans and Riviera themed art in his portfolio. And a few good reasons to think some of the artwork was for The Sims 4 here and here. I asked Graham if any of that concept art was for The Sims 4 but he couldn't answer.

PURE SPECULATION:
There's actually more support for the idea of the game shipping with 3 worlds even without the unconfirmed concept art though.

A picture from Gamespy with the caption "A house in one of three environments shipping at launch." Later, you'll notice in this tweet the Sims team asking what we think ENV stands for -- environment seemed to be the consensus. Which makes it sound like instead of neighborhoods and worlds we'll have "environments" for The Sims 4 just like the caption on the photo.

"Experience three worlds with a moderate amount of lots, where you have a quick initial load time, and have short loading screens when traveling within the world between lots." That quote is from one of the first reported Sims 4 surveys. --Neighborhood Speculation

If we don't get 3 worlds at launch I'm sure the other worlds will turn up for sale shortly after.
Honeywell's Sims 4 News <--So I can find this post later if I want to.

ETA: Did I imagine someone asking how many worlds the game was shipping with? I spent a half an hour typing/linking all that up thinking I was answering someones question but don't see it now.
Scholar
#8046 Old 8th May 2014 at 7:47 PM
No Honeywell, you didn't imagine it. Someone did ask, and I believe I answered the same question earlier, but not in the concise and detailed way you did, lol.. Thanks for all of that info; nice to see it again. It would be great if the game did ship with three environments/worlds/neighbourhoods/a-random-hovel-where-Sims-live; that would give us players more choice of where we'd like our TS4 experience to start. If I remember correctly, the base of TS3 came with only Sunset Valley, and Riverview was online - or something? My memory is awful...

Also, if they do decide to release a world creation tool, then make it more bloody accessible! I tried my hand at CAW at least seven times, but gave up in the end by uninstalling the damn program while cursing it in a strange tongue; it made me so frustrated!! If they've made Build Mode & CAS in TS4 more user-friendly, then here's hoping that any world/environment tool is the same - I'd like to create my own neighbourhoods again like I did in TS2 using SimCity 4 (ah, the good ole days...)

...Titanium white...
Alchemist
#8047 Old 8th May 2014 at 7:53 PM
I'm a bit sceptical, just look at the concept art:

http://i1.wp.com/www.simsglobe.com/...esize=305%2C305
http://i0.wp.com/www.simsglobe.com/...esize=202%2C202
http://i2.wp.com/www.simsglobe.com/...esize=202%2C202

It looks stunning, amazing - and that is the problem. Are we really going to get all of this in just one basegame? After the previous basegame (TS3) that was just pure screaming for expansion packs lacking of content?
I don't want to be negative, I actually believe in the fact that TS4 is going to be great, but this concept art is just giving me a fear that they are going to screw up.

Then again, concept art is never close to what actually ends up in the game. Look at this concept art for TS3 Pets, Appaloosa Plains looks nothing like this.

Lab Assistant
#8048 Old 8th May 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
I'll admit the renders look good (although MeatBall's simmified hair is trully horrible, what is going on with those textures for Christ sake.... I take it that they are not fixing the hairs).

Anyway - I think they have finally made Bella look like she should, that Goth render is pretty amazing imo. It shows what they are saying about personalities, as each render seem to actually have one. I'm still cautious, though. They are just renders after all.

Everything still look so blurry. I wonder if the gameplay is indeed looking like that in the final version, because seriously, it suks.

Also, it is interesting how EA knows how to play this game. A couple of pages ago people were moaning about its "horrible marketing strategy". All it took was one render and people are already throwing money at them, praising Sims 4 to death. I hope we don't get burned, because this is pretty much why Sims is so milked and crappy right now.
While I'm not going gag over the renders like some, that doesn't mean I don't get where they're coming from. Just because people are excited about the game, doesn't mean they're ignoring the issues with marketing and the game as a whole. A few are, but those people would have bought the game anyway. If the game play is shit, then we'll be right back to where we were. Also, if the people EA were listening to are from this forum, then the sims 3 would have been much better. There is no harm in being excited for something, that doesn't mean shit for sales at the end of the day. I just think you should give those excited a break. God knows EA hasn't. And don't blame the fans for the franchise being in the condition it is now. That whole "speak with your wallet" myth on works in very specific situation. Most times the company would have know idea why the product wasn't selling and is more likely to fuck up something you do like then something you don't.
Theorist
#8049 Old 8th May 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
No Honeywell, you didn't imagine it. Someone did ask, and I believe I answered the same question earlier, but not in the concise and detailed way you did, lol.. Thanks for all of that info; nice to see it again. It would be great if the game did ship with three environments/worlds/neighbourhoods/a-random-hovel-where-Sims-live; that would give us players more choice of where we'd like our TS4 experience to start. If I remember correctly, the base of TS3 came with only Sunset Valley, and Riverview was online - or something? My memory is awful...

Also, if they do decide to release a world creation tool, then make it more bloody accessible! I tried my hand at CAW at least seven times, but gave up in the end by uninstalling the damn program while cursing it in a strange tongue; it made me so frustrated!! If they've made Build Mode & CAS in TS4 more user-friendly, then here's hoping that any world/environment tool is the same - I'd like to create my own neighbourhoods again like I did in TS2 using SimCity 4 (ah, the good ole days...)

Whew, thanks Enjoji. And we're on the same page with wanting a choice of neighborhoods and accessible tools to create our own. All I see on Twitter is people complaining of losing everything because of CAW crashes so whatever they give us I hope it's stable. I still can't believe the game is only four months out and we still don't have a clue about these basic, basic things yet. Hopefully the video on Wednesday shows the world and gives us some clue what they've done with it and they follow that up at E3.
Lab Assistant
#8050 Old 8th May 2014 at 8:14 PM
For me the things for hoods I want for Sims 4 is three worlds each a bit different. How so? This way: I'd love a a hood when Old Town just started with Goths just coming to it with other notable families added (I don't want another world different from other series *cough* Sunset Valley *cough*), for other worlds I would let them surprise me however I want my Pleasantview/Old Town feel back because Sunset Valley was just too different (for me) from others. When looking at roads in Old Town and Pleasantview you can see similarity. Please EA, please give us back the true Pleasantview/Old Town and you chose in what time it is situated. (I believe it will be somewhere when Bella and Mortimer were newlyweds and just moved to the new home in Old Town)

Just my opinion so don't be so harsh on the disagrees. *Emerald Out*

*EDIT* Also as most said, give us the old hood building way, CaW was a mess.
Locked thread
Page 322 of 817