Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#5451 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 1:41 AM
I'm shocked Showtime didn't have an American Idol/X Factor/America's Got Talent crossover. Then it would've truly been the SHT!

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#5452 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 1:54 AM
if showtime had X factor etc etc then i would have bought that expansion maybe it would have been my only sims 3 expansion but i don't play sims 3 that much...
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#5453 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Get rejected by Kim (like that's even possible, even IRL), enter a total catatonic state.
Or worse, make an album called " Yumpin' Yiminy" or whatever it's called.
Forum Resident
#5454 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 11:50 PM
Well I don't mind them putting some branded stuff into the game, but all of that should just be free downloads.

It's advertisement after all. They did do this with some cars and such, and I think they can expand on it a bit more. Clothes, stores, sunglasses, jewelry, furniture.. they can release all such branded things as free downloads.
It will make them money anyways since its advertising space. And that in turn will make those brands money as well.
Scholar
#5455 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 7:31 AM
What I miss about The Sims 2 is watching your own video on The Sims 2... I cannot believe The Sims 3 removed it but it's possible to do it but it's pretty difficult.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Mad Poster
#5456 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
What I miss about The Sims 2 is watching your own video on The Sims 2... I cannot believe The Sims 3 removed it but it's possible to do it but it's pretty difficult.

So much agree! You have no idea how much anime my sims watched back in TS2 XD
Inventor
#5457 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:28 PM
found this image on the internet. it's old, but I believe nobody posted here before.

Field Researcher
#5458 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
Well I don't mind them putting some branded stuff into the game, but all of that should just be free downloads.

It's advertisement after all. They did do this with some cars and such, and I think they can expand on it a bit more. Clothes, stores, sunglasses, jewelry, furniture.. they can release all such branded things as free downloads.
It will make them money anyways since its advertising space. And that in turn will make those brands money as well.

If they do it it had better be optional, I'm so sick of advertising EVERYWHERE all the time, just leave me alone for five minutes damn it!
Lab Assistant
#5459 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
found this image on the internet. it's old, but I believe nobody posted here before.

Wowzers, a Sims 4 pic I haven't seen yet? Good find!

You know, I think there is something about the proportions of what we've seen so far that is weirding me out. I'm sure its all part of the artsy fartsy Sims 4 vision, or whatever, but the rooms and the height of the walls... or something ... seem disproportionate to the furniture and the sims. Is that just me? >_>

At least this looks like an actual shot of the actual game, rather than a set up and possibly edited promotional shot. I'd like to see some more of that, Sims team :P
Field Researcher
#5460 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SepiaFlower
Wowzers, a Sims 4 pic I haven't seen yet? Good find!

You know, I think there is something about the proportions of what we've seen so far that is weirding me out. I'm sure its all part of the artsy fartsy Sims 4 vision, or whatever, but the rooms and the height of the walls... or something ... seem disproportionate to the furniture and the sims. Is that just me? >_>

At least this looks like an actual shot of the actual game, rather than a set up and possibly edited promotional shot. I'd like to see some more of that, Sims team :P

Perhaps I'm just totally making this up but wasn't there something about wall heights, that you could choose how high to make the walls? I don't remember seeing this picture before either, but then again all that Sims 4 stuff came out back in August/early September so it's been a while. But I agree, the walls do look really high.

I'm refusing to make judgements about the game until I see actual gameplay shots as well.
Forum Resident
#5461 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 4:04 PM
it says sims 3 into the future in the corner..
Instructor
#5462 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 5:01 PM Last edited by litlegothcat13 : 4th Dec 2013 at 6:44 PM.
Ugh, that looks like TS3 interiors, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Putting aside my dislike for the "big houses with lots of empty space" thing TS3 EA houses had going on (you have lots of clutter, use them to decorate EA!), I really dislike how the interiors look, and I can't put my finger on why exactly. Everything just looks so....round for some reason unless you zoom in. I know that sounds stupid, but that's the impression I get. I think it's because of the lightning system, everything is too damn dark all the time and some of the shadows look misplaced. I really hope TS4 lightning system is better than that, although from some screens, it seems too bright this time. Time will tell if I'll like that better in the end.
Top Secret Researcher
#5463 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 6:10 PM
Hey, they kept those stairs in game since ts2. And what is that colorful pyramid thingy next to the fridge?
One Minute Ninja'd
#5464 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
it says sims 3 into the future in the corner..

Yeah, but if you look in the lower right corner, you'll see the 4 punching bag set up in the room, so it's a screen shot from 4. There's also, in the same room, what looks like some compact gym system, which also is not found in 3. The furnishings themselves, though, don't feel all that different from 3, although there seem to be softer edges to everything. There's not enough seen up close, though, to really judge the level of detail worked in, but there is still a sense of what I refer to as a plasicky feel to the objects.
Forum Resident
#5465 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 8:11 PM
The image is not new, it's from the streaming.. i think it was gamescom.

As regards to the stairs... why so many steps? i now imust be the only one... BUT, i always like to make one floor houses.. just because i hate going up and down all the times.. also i like to see everything at once.... and maybe because i've never lived in a two stories house in my life so i'm not used to... what i'm saying is.. if my sim is going to take MORE time going up the stairs, then.. forget about second floors for me.

Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Hey, they kept those stairs in game since ts2. And what is that colorful pyramid thingy next to the fridge?

Looks like the edit mode from the tombs in sims 3. Like when you set something to do another thing.. like step here and then this action makes another thing light up. Also could be something from the devs... just for testing purposes.. grids or something that they forget to take out.
Lab Assistant
#5466 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darthesp
Perhaps I'm just totally making this up but wasn't there something about wall heights, that you could choose how high to make the walls? I don't remember seeing this picture before either, but then again all that Sims 4 stuff came out back in August/early September so it's been a while. But I agree, the walls do look really high.

I'm refusing to make judgements about the game until I see actual gameplay shots as well.

Yes that's true, you're not making it up But even so, the furniture looks, for the most part, oddly small to me. I'm sure I'd get used to it. It just looks weird to me there :P
Lab Assistant
#5467 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
And what is that colorful pyramid thingy next to the fridge?

We create multiple new builds of the game each day, so problems can get inadvertently introduced... when they do, the object that previously existed there gets replaced with that thing. It signifies a broken object - it's meant to stand out so that we easily spot it when it occurs and subsequently fix it.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5468 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:25 AM
*pictures a world in which we sleep in red pyramids, sit on red pyramids and go to the toilet on red pyramids... Is that what will also happen if a modded object has a bug? :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5469 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:42 AM
/me looks gloomily at the bloom on the outside objects.

Please please let sims4 exteriors not be knee deep in bloom with my sim reduced to pudding.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#5470 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:07 PM
As for the wall heights thing, it's been confirmed. Just look at these two screens: In the first one, the foundation of the house is taller than the Sims themselves, in the second one the foundation seems to be a little lower than what we had in TS2.

As an aside, I really love the look of the game. And the grass looks much less obnoxious in the second pic, not to mention that house doesn't look gigantic and is fairly well decorated compared to the one in the gamescon pic. The lightning looks okay and the objects don't look so round. A lot odd shadows which ruin the whole thing (namely that the shadow of the huge tree seems to go inside the house, WTF), but again, better than the gamecon pic because at least they're not so dark. I guess I need to remind myself that TS4 is still a WIP.

Also, I wonder how the height of the foundation will play into basements? Which BTW, I hope are in the base game this time.

Edit: I just noticed in the first pic how good the roads look. Namely that there's a section of vegetation in the middle to separate the two roads. And there's sewer gutters in both pics! Other than the water, the outside world looks beautiful. Oh please, let us have neighbourhood building in game again so we can play with things like this!
Scholar
#5471 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:23 PM
You can alter the heights of the foundations already though, ever since Sims 2. If you build it out from a hill you can make it higher than the typical foundation. I can't comment on why it's lower than Sims 2 and 3 in the second picture though, could be how the normal foundation will be in this one or we might be able to change it ourselves.
Instructor
#5472 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 3:37 PM
There's another pic in which the foundation is lower than the one on the first pic, but higher than the one on the second:

So unless the really low one is the default height for foundations, I'd say we can change it ourselves this time. And that third pic seems to have same height as the foundations in Sims 2 and 3. Plus, it might just be my impression, but if you ignore the roofs, it seems that the walls in the second floor of the house in pic 1 are taller than the second floor walls of the house in pic 3.

This might also explain why they're doing the "only 3 floors" crap now, since with the different wall heights you could make a really tall house. Not a good excuse mind you, because it seems like it would be a fun feature, but this is EA who choose to remove CAST instead of figuring out how to make it work correctly, so for them it's a perfectly sound excuse.
Scholar
#5473 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
This might also explain why they're doing the "only 3 floors" crap now...

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOOOOOOA. HOLD UP, PLAYAH.

Have they seriously reduced the number of floors we can use?
Instructor
#5474 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 4:17 PM Last edited by litlegothcat13 : 5th Dec 2013 at 5:40 PM.
I remember there was a talk about it way earlier in thread, back when they showed that brief snippet with the new build features, which include dragging the rooms around, the wall heights thing and an advanced blueprint system that can auto make a room for you. Since I didn't see some of the videos myself I can't confirm it 100%, but I'm pretty sure of it.

Guys, we should really do a "confirmed TS4 facts (propaganda)" thread.

Edit: Found where we got the wall weight thing, and yes we can change foundation heights. It's in this article:

Edit #2: And in the last part of this is the 3 floors thing:
Lab Assistant
#5475 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
I remember there was a talk about it way earlier in thread, back when they showed that brief snippet with the new build features, which include dragging the rooms around, the wall heights thing and an advanced blueprint system that can auto make a room for you. Since I didn't see some of the videos myself I can't confirm it 100%, but I'm pretty sure of it.

Guys, we should really do a "confirmed TS4 facts (propaganda)" thread.

Edit: Found where we got the wall weight thing, and yes we can change foundation heights. It's in this article:

Edit #2: And in the last part of this is the 3 floors thing:

Thanks for those shots! I hope they don't dumb it down to the point where building isn't a unique adventure anymore. Plus, allow indoor pools. I build an indoor pool on every lot at the expensive of the end result not being on a foundation. Reason is at least 3 fold: Who wants a pool you can't use half the year, families and friends interact well in pools, having a slide is the quickest way to bring your Sim's attitude up, kids can use the pool to raise their strength/whatever-it's-called, and steam rising from the pool is cool, lol.
I hope the team is all on the same page: Nothing like getting the response, 'You can't move this, buy this, get rid of this'". Oh yes you can, but you have to stop and click 'move objects on/off', which negates their prior admonitions entirely. Fire all the naysayers who apparently enjoy nothing more than to bring you down.
Locked thread
Page 219 of 817