Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 7:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Unofficial Game Modification
Not sure where to post this or what this is: https://gyazo.com/9823624f418e0a12d2b539eeb645d4df

has anyone gotten this before? I haven't added anything to my game but some mannequin's from sims resource. anyone know what the issue maybe here?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 10:46 PM
That's the core version mismatch warning. The only added content that is supposed to be able to trigger those are Core Mods, and there are only six of them in popular usage for TS3. Each of them except UntranslatedKey (which is really for developers) accounts for Patches 1.67 and 1.69 in different ways, some also account for Steam installs.

NRaas ErrorTrap
NRaas UntranslatedKey
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness
Gamefreak130's World Loading Screen Overhaul
AwesomeMod

If you do not have any of these mods, or if you do and your game's install type and patch level have not changed, then having the warning appear when it did not before seems a bit odd. It was really only relevant for players on 1.63 and prior, or those on today's patch levels who accidentally picked up an older or mismatched version of such a Core Mod. Can you remind us what kind of install you have? Does your Launcher, if you use it to start the game, display the expected patch level?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 3:54 PM
Also moved it to help! but that's some good info there igazor
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That's the core version mismatch warning. The only added content that is supposed to be able to trigger those are Core Mods, and there are only six of them in popular usage for TS3. Each of them except UntranslatedKey (which is really for developers) accounts for Patches 1.67 and 1.69 in different ways, some also account for Steam installs.

NRaas ErrorTrap
NRaas UntranslatedKey
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness
Gamefreak130's World Loading Screen Overhaul
AwesomeMod

If you do not have any of these mods, or if you do and your game's install type and patch level have not changed, then having the warning appear when it did not before seems a bit odd. It was really only relevant for players on 1.63 and prior, or those on today's patch levels who accidentally picked up an older or mismatched version of such a Core Mod. Can you remind us what kind of install you have? Does your Launcher, if you use it to start the game, display the expected patch level?

I have the latest patch level which is 1.69, and i don't have any of those mods. i thought i has awesomemod and errortrap but i guess i don't. these are the mods i have that are core mods or anything of the sort:
https://gyazo.com/6a57d66382a5c3bb7ad9e3ab4587c10c

could any of these be the issue or do i need to update some of them?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 10:30 PM
That's the entire contents of your Mods\Packages folder? There are no sub-folders in there not shown in the screenshot? If that's the case, then you have no Core Mods and I don't know why you would be getting the core version mismatch warning. The six listed above are the only ones in popular usage today, the mods you have listed are not Core Mods. This is a common misconception, but mods like NRaas MasterController, StoryProgression, Careers, Zerbu's, etc. are Script Mods and those are not capable of triggering the warning. If a Script or Tuning Mod is outdated, the game won't "realize" it and will try to run them anyway without warning.

Does your Launcher actually say version 1.69 or something like that on it, nearly front and center, or does it say something else like 0.0.0?

I'm also not sure how one can be mistaken about having Awesome and ErrorTrap in play, as ErrorTrap in particular will generate at least a few script errors/logs that are not really errors each game session. Is it possible you have another TS3 game folder somewhere on your system, such as hiding within OneDrive, that the game is reading from rather than the one you are showing us in the screenshot?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 2:49 PM
That's the entire contents of your Mods\Packages folder? There are no sub-folders in there not shown in the screenshot? If that's the case, then you have no Core Mods and I don't know why you would be getting the core version mismatch warning. The six listed above are the only ones in popular usage today, the mods you have listed are not Core Mods. This is a common misconception, but mods like NRaas MasterController, StoryProgression, Careers, Zerbu's, etc. are Script Mods and those are not capable of triggering the warning. If a Script or Tuning Mod is outdated, the game won't "realize" it and will try to run them anyway without warning.

Does your Launcher actually say version 1.69 or something like that on it, nearly front and center, or does it say something else like 0.0.0?

I'm also not sure how one can be mistaken about having Awesome and ErrorTrap in play, as ErrorTrap in particular will generate at least a few script errors/logs that are not really errors each game session. Is it possible you have another TS3 game folder somewhere on your system, such as hiding within OneDrive, that the game is reading from rather than the one you are showing us in the screenshot?

I have other folders but I thought that those were core mods. I didn't get this message until I added some mannequins from TSR (I converted them into packages). as for my game version is says 1.69.43.024017 I assume that's the lastest since I don't see how there is an update.
This is my testing folder: https://gyazo.com/81bf6735da207b506792b0fac0c45f80
I put everything in this folder before I added to where I need those packages to be (my most recent folder of things I added). do you think any of these have anything to do with it? some of theses I added yesterday but the message didn't pop up until I added the LPGA Pro Shop stuff.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 6:24 PM
Uhm...no.

Try launching a new test game on a clean game folder -- pull the entire TS3 user game folder out to the Desktop (or rename it) for safekeeping so a new one will spawn in its place. If the game launches without the core version mismatch message, then you have a Core Mod or something masquerading as one in what is now your current Mods\Packages folder. If the mismatch persists and you actually have some added content showing up, then either you have a different game folder on your system or something has gone wrong with the game's installation.

Or, alternatively, if the game seems to be playing fine I suppose you could click through the warning each time and play forward.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 5:50 AM
Uhm...no.

Try launching a new test game on a clean game folder -- pull the entire TS3 user game folder out to the Desktop (or rename it) for safekeeping so a new one will spawn in its place. If the game launches without the core version mismatch message, then you have a Core Mod or something masquerading as one in what is now your current Mods\Packages folder. If the mismatch persists and you actually have some added content showing up, then either you have a different game folder on your system or something has gone wrong with the game's installation.

Or, alternatively, if the game seems to be playing fine I suppose you could click through the warning each time and play forward.

did everything you said and it turns out it was the mannequins I converted from tsr. that's weird thank you for your help. I will keep this information in mind for the future!