Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 12:22 AM
Default Customized NPCs?
Hi guys.

So, I've finally decided create my own 'hood, that I hope to share with you, once it's done.

I was wondering, is there a way to customize NPCs? I mean the maids, nannies, etc. I have the teleporter cat, however, I don't see a way to turn my sims into NPCs, only townies. Am I overseeing something? I know that you can create NPCs with the NPC and Townie Maker, but I'd like to choose their hair, makeup and all those things, to make them authentic and unique.

Hope I did this right. It's my first thread, so please bear with me.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 8:40 AM
You can do all of this with SimPE, or if you want to do it ingame, something like SimBlender would work. Just have the game create the maid for you, summon her and make her selectable, then change everything you want.

Make absolutely sure you only do this with NPCs that are safe to play as! Don't change universal NPCs like the grim reaper or sims with incomplete character files like the drivers and social workers!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 11:23 AM
You can also do sim surgery on NPC's. I do that and make them look like my playables.

here I made the postman look like one of my fairies. I was pleasantly surprised to see he got the wings.

You can also use default outfits. I plan to try a new mail carrier one.

Pic one is the NPC after, then my playable sim who I made him look like and the NPC before I did sim surgery. New skin, eyes, hair colour and facial structure.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can also do sim surgery on NPC's. I do that and make them look like my playables.

here I made the postman look like one of my fairies. I was pleasantly surprised to see he got the wings.

You can also use default outfits. I plan to try a new mail carrier one.

Pic one is the NPC after, then my playable sim who I made him look like and the NPC before I did sim surgery. New skin, eyes, hair colour and facial structure.

Thanks to both of you.

I'm trying to modify their facial features with the Sim Blender, but something isn't working right. This is what it looks like, when I try to use the surgery feature.

Is this a common issue, or am I doing something wrong?
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 1:47 PM
It is a common issue if you don't have university EP installed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It is a common issue if you don't have university EP installed.

I see. Thank you. I do have The Ultimate Collection, but I'm using the AnyGameStarter to create my neighborhood. I'm trying to make it base game friendly, so that must be why.
Scholar
#7 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 4:14 PM
Plop this into your download folder all the while you have the University EP either not installed or disabled.
UniPlasticSurgeryUItextures.zip (189.2 kB)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Plop this into your download folder all the while you have the University EP either not installed or disabled.
UniPlasticSurgeryUItextures.zip (189.2 kB)

It worked! Thank you so, so much.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucas27
I see. Thank you. I do have The Ultimate Collection, but I'm using the AnyGameStarter to create my neighborhood. I'm trying to make it base game friendly, so that must be why.

On the topic of AGS, note that AnyGames created with the Ultimate Collection will always require Mansion and Garden Stuff. Also thank you Chris for the UI fix.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 3:49 AM
Is there anyway to modify sims in CAS with the base game cheats or is SIM PE or other mods required? Thanks! 😊