Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:15 AM
Default Is it possible to create a custom language that EA didn't provide?
Just curious and wondering. Not that I'm planning or consider changing it at all, but I'm curious If anyone created a language in the game, so to speak, that wasn't provided officially. I'm interest to find If one of the player created includes mine
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:40 AM
I doubt it’s possible to add one (it definitely would be possible to replace an existing one though), and even if it is, it’d be a ton of work. Every single description, interaction, notification, memory and so on would have to be found and translated.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:42 AM
You mean time consuming? I presume rewriting task isn't that hard or difficult. Just guessing. No way I'm right.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:05 AM
Why not ask in create on discord.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:17 AM
Why should I though?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:19 AM
To see if someone knows something that might help you? It was a suggestion not a 'you must do'

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:23 AM
Sorry that my thread came off as a request whilst it wasn't intented to sound like one.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 7:36 AM
I never mentioned that it sounded like a request, if i thought that I would have closed it. I thought you were after help/idea on how to do this and I suggested discord Create since it's quite active. *shrugs*

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 7:52 AM
Well I'm curious if anyone did it. I said in my OP that I'm not planning to do the translation or change to translate.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 8:16 AM
I don't think it would be possible without default replacing one of the languages which is already installed. You'd have to edit the game's core code otherwise, I assume, in order to tell it that there's an additional language in the list to select from. But you could default replace one you'd never use. Since you can't have two languages in play at once anyway, that would be a workable solution, even for people who speak the language that you decided to replace. However, as Voeille says, it would be a hell of a lot of work. Remember localisation in game companies is usually handled by an entire department, and most of that is translation (it's called loca, rather than translation, because there's much more to it than that - you can't just blindly translate all the text because you have to be aware of cultural phenomena etc which may be untranslateable or for which a direct translation won't work.)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...