Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:46 AM
Default How are your challenges coming along?
I can never finish a Legacy either from computer issues or neighborhood issues and I swore to myself that I'd complete a Legacy before going on different challenges. So I've been wondering how others have been doing in their own challenges.

(I'm terribly sorry if there's a thread like this already. I didn't see one and I got curious.)

hello
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:13 AM
I don't often play challenges anymore I prefer playing an integrated hood. but do occasionally add a challenge of sorts to it. One of my sims joined my hood by doing the runaway teen challenge. if I am really bored I will make a hood and do a toddler mania challenge.

My biggest challenge at the moment is trying to build a ski lift with CFE-on hold for the moment.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:22 AM
I've never played a challenge. Too many rules.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:23 AM
Half the time I enjoy the rules, the other half i'm wondering why I have to be so adamant about sticking to them. I'm trying out an integrated/BACC/Legacy. I have it planned out that there's 4 main founders (legacies) 2 males and 2 females. The first male is on the island and on a 5x5 lot per legacy rules, the other 3 wont have that though), however i'm going with the rules that say the first founder must be in politics. Fine that's good and all. Now i'm wondering why I'm also going with community lots are locked until I've reached campaign manager career level. I need those unlocked so I can get the other 3 founders to the island but it's been a sim week and politics hasn't shown up in the newspaper yet!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:32 AM
I never stick 100% to the rules if I do a challenge. It's the concepts that interest me, not the scoring.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:17 AM
Just don't have time for challenges I guess. I do play only one and focus on it.
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:33 AM
I'm hopeless at challenges. I did the Asylum one, but it's the only one I ever finished. I tried Test of Time and found Neanderthals boring; I lost interest in the Victorian challenge after a bit (that one started with too many rich families); and my BaCC got corrupted by a glitch in learning fire safety.

I might start another BaCC at some point, but I already have two active hoods, and I don't want to lose track of my storylines.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:53 AM
Tainted Dreams, if you back up your neighborhood to an external location on a regular basis, computer problems will never end your legacy again, and you can even get around some corruption problems by replacing the corrupted neighborhood with a back up from before the onset of corruption.

I've done exactly one challenge, as detailed in my tumblr. It took me two years and was both fun and excruciating. I don't regret it, but I'm glad to be done with it! On the one hand, it wouldn't have taken so long if I had focused on the protagonist's household, but I couldn't do it - I'm a rotation player and I had to play other related households and send the kids to college, or I would have lost interest long before I was done. If I can't play an entire neighborhood, the game's not worth the candle. So if I ever do another challenge, it will have to be a neighborhood-based one, like a BACC; and I'll use only those rules that are fun for me, because who's going to enforce the rules I don't like, the Sims police?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:19 AM
Besides the Asylum, which can be over very quickly if your sims are unlucky with fire, the only challenges I stick with are the ones I give myself. I currently have a sim in my Pleasantview, Moriah Downer, who had a poverty start and the rule for her family/lot is that nobody is allowed to have a "real" job or own a business. She's still living in an ugly shack with two bedrooms and a bathroom, but they're sleeping in the warm, they have a pavilion roof to protect their belongs from lightning, a periodic influx of cash from selling eggplant and her two daughters are growing up well. She recently moved in Peter Sims, but since he was doing townie life while she was living the hard life, she is now an elder and the father of her children is still her hot young boytoy.

And I still haven't broken down and gotten anybody a career. In fact, Peter had to quit his job when he moved in and even though he's Fortune asp, he's thriving on wants to flirt, kiss and woohoo his cougar woman. (I did allow him a few money trees because he does roll the occasional want to earn some money and harvesting tree-bucks fulfills the want.)

I really like having this lot in the neighborhood. The Downers are a fun change from the regular careers and "fancy" houses of the EAxis sims in Pleasantview.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:23 AM
I've tried to do a couple of challenges that involve child-making, but I can never get past gen 2. I guess it's just the rules that get to me (even though you don't have to stick with them, but I feel like a cheat)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:41 AM
When I play any of my "Beginning Hoods" I only have 2 rules, 1 - no cheating and 2 - bring all the names forward to 10 generations.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158