Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 5:56 AM Last edited by Duncan Disorderly : 21st Aug 2019 at 6:13 AM.
Default THIS is where TS should be
Check out this new programmme/game I discovered today. It was released a few days ago. A lot of good reviews on Steam. Watching the clips, I was struck at how intuitive it appears to create amazing landscapes using this editor. In fact, a few of the reviews I read mentioned how easy it was to make realistic looking scenes, using a huge selection of props in a variety of ways. THIS is the way forward, if you ask me.

https://pixelforest.itch.io/flowscape

Back when we were playing TS2, if you would have asked how I envisioned the game evolving, I would have imagined something along these lines. This editor is amazing. There's loads of choices, it's easy to use and it enables you to shape unbelievable landscapes that look real. Imagine, in TS, you could design a single lot or an entire neighborhood using a simple editor like this. It's entirely up to you.

An editor like this incorporated in the game would be awesome! You can easily download new models made by other users, which would transform CC. Instead, we have clay hair and a game that went backwards in terms of the creative process. And, it's not demanding on your system. They recommend a 64bit win 10 system with a 2GHz processor, 8GB RAM, 4GB VRAM! That's an average PC nowadays.

Instead, we have cartoons that all look the bloody same. An editor like this with a quality CAS for making Sims that look realistic would be amazing. Hair you can shape and grow like the plant editor in FlowScape. Or, design your own clothes, you name it. How hard is that for a group of devs to make? Instead, we have a lesser version of what we've already done since TS2. In my opinion, the only version of TS that truly evolved the game was TS2. It was a spectacular game that looked at the original and made it considerably better. We had flowing hair in TS2 FFS! It astounds me that all these years later, we have clay hair and still no gawd damn curved walls! We expected them in TS3.

I have loved this game from the start. I've spent a small bloody fortune on it. I think TS4 took away the soul of the game and left us with an empty shell, wrapped in pretty colours. From a creative perspective, the game has been ruined. How the hell can you give us infinite design choices in TS3 and take it away in TS4, leaving a pathetic choice of swatches chosen for you. How can you limit creativity and confine it, especially when we've had the luxury of making our OWN choices.

Like I said earlier, TS2 truly evolved the game in new and innovative ways. It gave us sims that actually felt alive. Damn, I loved the way they would sometimes turn and actually appear to be looking at you through the screen. They were cheeky and had a flair that hasn't been matched since. I don't know about you, but I want TS5 to be the next TS2. True evolution. I don't want rehashed ideas or to be sold a lesser version of what came before. I don't want to be resold the game AGAIN! I want this game to evolve to a level we expected back in the day when sims hair flowed and you sometimes wondered jokingly to yourself if your sim was self-aware.

I believe an editor along these lines would provide my wish in abundance.

Now. Here's the punchline. Wait til you see the price of FlowScape. The link I provided is their site, but it's also available on Steam for a slightly higher price. Seriously, they charged us a small fortune for TS4 and gave us half the game we had previously. So, I call shenanigans on overly priced pixels.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:57 AM
It looks great but the only thing is that this looks like it's just a glorified graphics demo... the sort of thing Nvidia would ship to show off the power of their rendering.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
It looks great but the only thing is that this looks like it's just a glorified graphics demo... the sort of thing Nvidia would ship to show off the power of their rendering.

I agree. It's got a demo vibe written all over it. My point is more about looking at something like that and going along those lines. It's not about copying that editor, it's about being inspired by it. Looking at it helped me see the game's true potential with better clarity.

All the same, your comment is appreciated.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:02 PM
can it render that on the fly like you'd use in a game? It's one thing to render an animation and there are animations that are rendered on render farms but for games you have to render it in real time.

Sims are better than us.