Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 1st Oct 2018 at 11:07 PM
Replies: 4199 (Who?), Viewed: 194614 times.
Page 168 of 168
Theorist
#4176 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
It's really frustrating, and I sympathize.

It is! But I re-started the whole hood again, and this time with the fresh untouched hood, the tutorial worked and now I've got 4 apparently working smooth, flat beach lots. And this time I guess won't have to carefully hand paint sand onto the non-beach, beach-adjacent lots (so they don't look really silly for being right next to the beach), since those lots can now just be proper beaches too. Anyway, thanks so much for the help and for linking the tutorial! It took me a bit, but I did finally get it!

Edit: But seriously, learning to geneticize eyes was a lot easier than this!
Undead Molten Llama
#4177 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:54 PM
YAY! I'm glad it worked for you!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4178 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Well, if you kill them, remove all family ties and memories of them, and then move their grave to a lot that nobody visits (or delete it if you have nounlinkondelete), they're good as gone.

=
why do you have to do all that? If you want to kill off a playable, there are LOTS of ways to make um dead. I usually move their graves AFTER they've spawned a ghost, then move the grave to a community lot. I have a CC gun that I have certain Sims use to kill townies.

Namaste
Alchemist
#4179 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:35 PM
Rooflines that pass through walls when you don't want them to.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#4180 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:07 AM
"Cannot be placed on roads." I'm not trying to place it on the road; I'm trying to place it beside the road.
Inventor
#4181 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 7th Oct 2018 at 1:51 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebblerocker
Vending machines! I'm almost at the point of ripping them out of all community lots that have them. I'm so tired of everyone congregating in front of the vending machine and stamping their feet. Sims don't bother to check whether the vending machine is already in use before deciding they desperately have to use it; once they've finished staring into it, they stand right in front of it instead of walking away, making the next sim stamp and cause pile-ups.

Come to think of it, surely someone's modded the vending machines not to advertise so strongly, or not to be fun any more? Or even disable the "browse" interaction, so that sims can buy a bag of chips if they're hungry but won't think staring through the glass at junk food is a bigger draw than playing pool or meeting anyone.

Have you tried this mod yet? I have it, and it works. Sims no longer gaze at the vending machines endlessly; they walk up, buy something promptly and walk away to devour their purchase.

It also meant a lot of trash lying around one of my dorms after the cafeteria worker got stuck off-world, I didn't Batbox her back to work in a timely manner and the dormies all got hungry because my student couldn't man the ShinyTyme stove all the time. But that's one nice thing about having a dorm with trash cans, compost bins and garden plots: Post-snack trash from other students becomes free compost, then healthier garden veggies, then sparkly munchies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
You need a mod that lets you have more than 8 people living in your household.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640

Here ya go. It's not the one I use, so I haven't tried it. But google hates me today and won't let me find mine.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like downloading and installing a mod and/or you want to be able to easily change the numbers yourself, you can also create or edit the userStartup.cheat file (under the Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 [or The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, or equivalent] > Config subdirectory) with Notepad, then edit in any cheat codes that you want TS2 to start up with every time you start TS2 itself. To increase the maximum numbers of Sims, pets and visitors, add these lines to userStartup.cheat:

uintProp maxTotalSims [however many total Sims and pets you want in a household, at maximum]
uintProp maxTotalHumans [however many Sims you want in a household, tops]
uintProp maxTotalPets [however many dogs and cats you want in a household, tops]
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [however many Sims you want dropping in or being invited to your Simmy parties, tops]

My game has maxTotalHumans set to 15, maxTotalPets set to 15 and maxTotalSims set to 30 (because I'd guess that it's bad voodoo if you don't make TotalHumans + TotalPets = TotalSims), as well as maxNumOfVisitingSims set to 12. My Sims tend to throw some pretty massive parties.

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Test Subject
#4182 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzatron-9000
Have you tried this mod yet? I have it, and it works. Sims no longer gaze at the vending machines endlessly; they walk up, buy something promptly and walk away to devour their purchase.

I happened to be on the site just minutes after that vending machine mod went up, and I was delighted to see someone had made just what I was after! Can confirm it works well in my game, too. Now my townies are playing basketball with each other, hanging out, and not causing massive traffic jams any more.
Field Researcher
#4183 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:13 AM
Why are there grills on all the premade uni lots? Would you trust the average university student with raw meat and fire? Would you trust them with raw meat and fire at the historic music hall?

I'm slowly redesigning all the lots and OMG so many grills. I don't even think we were allowed grills in campus housing when I went.
Theorist
DELETED POST
8th Oct 2018 at 4:45 AM
This message has been deleted by Rosawyn.
Theorist
#4184 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:12 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 8th Oct 2018 at 6:53 AM.
Quote:
Alternatively, if you don't feel like downloading and installing a mod and/or you want to be able to easily change the numbers yourself, you can also create or edit the userStartup.cheat file (under the Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 [or The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, or equivalent] > Config subdirectory) with Notepad, then edit in any cheat codes that you want TS2 to start up with every time you start TS2 itself. To increase the maximum numbers of Sims, pets and visitors, add these lines to userStartup.cheat:

uintProp maxTotalSims [however many total Sims and pets you want in a household, at maximum]
uintProp maxTotalHumans [however many Sims you want in a household, tops]
uintProp maxTotalPets [however many dogs and cats you want in a household, tops]
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [however many Sims you want dropping in or being invited to your Simmy parties, tops]

My game has maxTotalHumans set to 15, maxTotalPets set to 15 and maxTotalSims set to 30 (because I'd guess that it's bad voodoo if you don't make TotalHumans + TotalPets = TotalSims), as well as maxNumOfVisitingSims set to 12. My Sims tend to throw some pretty massive parties.

If it's that easy, maybe I should do this for my game. I haven't really run into households not being big enough yet (though I feel this would change quickly if I got more into playing with pets, especially breeding them), but I'd like to be able to invite more guests over at one time. What's the default there, anyway? I know with parties I always end up inviting a few extra people outside the "throw a party" limit, which is ridiculously low.
Forum Resident
#4185 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:31 AM
Yesterday I did see a Sims 4 build on Youtube. It was a build where the living space was below ground level whit only the foundation visible and it was hidden/covered by plants, trees and stuff. And it's not possible to rebuild that in Sims 2! Grrrr....!
Theorist
#4186 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:52 AM
Quote:

This will also set the number of Secret Society members summoned to the Secret Society lot in University. If you ever plan to visit that lot, don't set this number too high or your game will be spammed with Secret Society members.
Theorist
#4187 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
This will also set the number of Secret Society members summoned to the Secret Society lot in University. If you ever plan to visit that lot, don't set this number too high or your game will be spammed with Secret Society members.

With Pescado's antiredudancy, it was my understanding that there should only be one Secret Society member. Does setting this number to anything at all override that and force that that number of SS members into existence?
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#4188 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 8:05 PM
Quote:
If you ever plan to visit that lot, don't set this number too high or your game will be spammed with Secret Society members.

The most fun I ever had at a secret society was with a cowplant and 50 SS members.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will -RUSH
Yearbook
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites, the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Alchemist
#4189 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
With Pescado's antiredudancy, it was my understanding that there should only be one Secret Society member. Does setting this number to anything at all override that and force that that number of SS members into existence?

Not quite: antiredundancy will take regular university dormies and induct them into the secret society until the coding is happy there are enough, rather than spawning new dormies. At least, that's been my experience with it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#4190 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredzone
Why are there grills on all the premade uni lots? Would you trust the average university student with raw meat and fire? Would you trust them with raw meat and fire at the historic music hall?

I'm slowly redesigning all the lots and OMG so many grills. I don't even think we were allowed grills in campus housing when I went.

Well, at least with the outdoor grills, Sims can't burn anything worse than the food itself. The stoves and microwaves in the dorms are far, far greater risks to their health, mood and university property, especially concerning students and cafeteria workers with low Cooking.

But yeah, why does the Sim State Library have a grill? Not that I'm complaining, because being able to grill up some BLT burgers means not having to break their massed Group Research sessions to wander back to the dorm just to fill their Hunger gauges. But, all the same, why?

Quote:
If it's that easy, maybe I should do this for my game. I haven't really run into households not being big enough yet (though I feel this would change quickly if I got more into playing with pets, especially breeding them), but I'd like to be able to invite more guests over at one time. What's the default there, anyway? I know with parties I always end up inviting a few extra people outside the "throw a party" limit, which is ridiculously low.

Those cheat codes have definitely served me well! Jolene Lupina (the "Patient Zero" werewolf in my game) started off with four puppies and has bred them into ten dogs, and I'm thinking of moving her into a larger lot so she can have even more! Training dogs — in both behavior and tricks — isn't nearly as hard for werewolves, so she spends most of her time caring for the dogs, sending them all to work as Rescue Pets, maintaining her 30+ friendships through phone calls and invite-overs, and running three small businesses to supplement her income. She spends far more Aspiration Points on Kibble of Life than she spends on Elixir of Life, which is probably something that should never happen.

And my Wilderfire household now has eight children and their two mothers (plus the SimBlender which made those pregnancies possible), for a total of ten.

And recently, tinkerer extraordinarie Jazz Freefeet graduated from college, started her own car dealership and, to celebrate, invited four friends over to her house, then started a house party by inviting six people on top of that. Then the police broke the party up and sent those ten guests home after 11:00 PM rolled around.

Too bad I was so focused on getting the policeman in that screenshot that I neglected to go one floor up to where Jazz and all but one of the partiers were eating and dancing. So all you see is You Idiot! the Servo internet-surfing on Jazz's computer. My bad.

Quote:

I didn't know that! I thought it was normal for the entire Secret Society to show up when welcoming your Sim into their ranks.

But the Landgraab Society alone starts off with ten members; my game's Landgraab Society has considerably more members than that now. You know how townies, dormies, downtownies, tourists and natives can form friendships and enemyships with each other by interacting with each other? I assumed that the new Society members had been added to the Society because they had autonomously formed friendships with three standing Society members (including some of my college Sims).

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
The most fun I ever had at a secret society was with a cowplant and 50 SS members.

You speak of the Landgraab Society as well, I presume. Their Cowplant scares me. So it never leaves its enclosure.

But considering that the Landgraabers live like filthy swine (compelling my own Society Sims to clean up after them to repair the Environment and to prevent anyone from being eaten alive by houseflies), I wouldn't be surprised if your Cowplant has spat out more than a few of your Landgraabers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
Not quite: antiredundancy will take regular university dormies and induct them into the secret society until the coding is happy there are enough, rather than spawning new dormies. At least, that's been my experience with it.

It would be nice if the game would spawn a few new students every now and then, and perhaps even force old students to graduate and become townies. It would help keep the campus student pool fresh.

Maybe there is a way to do that, with or without cheat codes or objects...kind of like how I was getting tired of looking at the same three masseuses all the time, so I forced my game to spawn more masseuses by building a community lot with 14 massage tables. My game has plenty more masseuses to pick from now (even if a few of them are weirdoes with Custom Content like lava-looking elemental skin and purple fairy eyes, but at least I got my variety)!

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#4191 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:57 PM
Quote:
You speak of the Landgraab Society as well, I presume. Their Cowplant scares me. So it never leaves its enclosure.

I made a custom uni and SS lot for my neighbourhood Bluehaven. The SS lot (which is a replica of the Strangetown Beaker house) had an unguarded cowplant at the front, and over the generations sims added further cowplants around the lot. So much fun!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will -RUSH
Yearbook
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites, the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Inventor
#4192 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I made a custom uni and SS lot for my neighbourhood Bluehaven. The SS lot (which is a replica of the Strangetown Beaker house) had an unguarded cowplant at the front, and over the generations sims added further cowplants around the lot. So much fun!

Ah. I assume that your Simmy teens brought Mom and Dad's Cowplants with them (in their inventories) when they went to college. I just started doing things like that with Benne Evolence (daughter of Doctor Malevolence, who created You Idiot! the Servo back there); Mom and Dad had three of those Books First for Learning bookshelves (from the Education career track) standing around the house, so Benne brought one with her when she went to college, then followed my little tradition where any student who lives in a dorm has to donate something to the dorm or improve it for future students in some way. So that's why my Castle Von Carstein dorm has a Bookshelf of Education now.

So how many Simmy students get fed to that Cowplant per semester, you evil, evil Simmer, you? :D

Test Subject
#4193 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:47 AM
Quote:
It would be nice if the game would spawn a few new students every now and then, and perhaps even force old students to graduate and become townies. It would help keep the campus student pool fresh.

It is possible to force old students out, with proper use of SimPE (uncheck "Young Adult", hand-pick a degree, and set them a job at level 2 or 3). The game will then spawn replacements, if they were graduated from an active dorm (i.e. one with "playable" Sims). You will probably have to upgrade them with the Batbox or a similar hack, though, as they will not have earned the extra Want and Fear slots, or the extra lock.

Alternatively, you could keep the same Sim files and use SimPE and/or one of the in-game hacks to change their names and appearances (this works particularly well for the mascots and cheerleaders).

I tend to use a combination of both methods, depending on how much I like the particular non-playable student.
Theorist
#4194 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:05 AM
Quote:

So if I have antiredundancy (which I do) and I create an empty custom university attached to my (empty) custom hood, and I set "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 15" in my userStartup.cheat, when I eventually send a sim to that still empty and 100% unpopulated college, how many Secret Society members will I get? I'd just rather not have 15, I think, but I'd like to be able to invite more people to parties without having to manually call each extra guest.
Theorist
#4195 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote:

No, that's nossrespawn that does that. I think all antiredundancy does with SS members is to prevent any being spawned at all unless you visit the Secret Society lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimMaven
It is possible to force old students out, with proper use of SimPE (uncheck "Young Adult", hand-pick a degree, and set them a job at level 2 or 3). The game will then spawn replacements, if they were graduated from an active dorm (i.e. one with "playable" Sims). You will probably have to upgrade them with the Batbox or a similar hack, though, as they will not have earned the extra Want and Fear slots, or the extra lock.

Alternatively, you could keep the same Sim files and use SimPE and/or one of the in-game hacks to change their names and appearances (this works particularly well for the mascots and cheerleaders).

Or you could just use Syberspunk's "Grow Up Townies" mod...

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=4842.0
Theorist
#4196 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote:
No, that's nossrespawn that does that. I think all antiredundancy does with SS members is to prevent any being spawned at all unless you visit the Secret Society lot.

Oh ok, but I have all the anti redundancy and no re-spawn mods (including Cyjon's There Can Be Only One Professor). Guess I forgot which one does what, exactly. But I'm still wondering if I'm going to be overriding whichever one (I guess nossrespawn) by having that user startup cheat. Has anyone ever tried them together? Am I the only one who wanted bigger parties but didn't want my uni overrun with unnecessary unplayables?
Theorist
#4197 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Oh ok, but I have all the anti redundancy and no re-spawn mods (including Cyjon's There Can Be Only One Professor). Guess I forgot which one does what, exactly. But I'm still wondering if I'm going to be overriding whichever one (I guess nossrespawn) by having that user startup cheat. Has anyone ever tried them together? Am I the only one who wanted bigger parties but didn't want my uni overrun with unnecessary unplayables?

Yes, I've done exactly that with those mods and that cheat in my userstartup file. That's why I posted a warning. I disabled the intprop cheat since I don't throw that many parties and I really do not want that many secret society members. I guess just be really careful what numbers you use?

Read all about my incident here. There's a link to a screenshot too.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...623#post5366623
Theorist
#4198 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
I disabled the intprop cheat since I don't throw that many parties

I tend to throw a lot of wedding parties, but it sounds like it's much safer to disable that cheat for sure. As annoying as it is to manually call and invite over all the guests that won't fit in that ridiculously limited party interface. /sigh
Mad Poster
#4199 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:05 PM
If I want more guests (such as my routine party-crasher), I just use Inge's teleporter cat. I believe that Christianlov's easy phone also allows more Sims than specified in the intprop.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Theorist
#4200 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
If I want more guests (such as my routine party-crasher), I just use Inge's teleporter cat. I believe that Christianlov's easy phone also allows more Sims than specified in the intprop.

I just want to be able to invite sims so they still have the option to say no or be at work or whatever. Dragging them in is basically divine intervention, and that feels a bit over the top just to get a certain guest at a party.
Page 168 of 168