Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2019 at 7:14 AM
Default How To Control Aging in Different Worlds?
I should know the answer to this but as am back in 4 again after a long time..... I got Get Famous and started playing an actress wannabee. I then got Strangerville which may have been a mistake to do yet(?) and am playing there now. And being 4 sims from all the worlds show up everywhere, which drives me nuts. She now is friends with the S sims. I have all worlds in one save that has the updates for all. So while I am playing S the actress is aging up in DS? Right. Anyway to avoid this? Can we shut off aging in just one world? Do I have to do a bunch of save as saves and go back and forth?

If I keep playing in S then go back to DS she may be an elder by then and I really to do not want that and miss her early working years.
Any ideas are appreciated. I am probably missing something basic here.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th May 2019 at 9:52 AM
If you weren't using DS and S as if everyone should know what it means, it might have been easier to understand what you're asking..
but as I don't know what it means I'm generally throwing information on you

with aging you have several options:
- age only NPCs (by setting played households aging off, and NPCs on)
- age only the active household (by setting only active household aging on, and NPCs off)
- age only played households (by setting only played households aging on and NPCs off)
- age everyone at the same time (by setting both on)
- stop everyone from aging (by setting both off)

besides that if you are using MCCC you can also:
- make it so sims which the game usually like to keep alive forever - will age and die like everyone else
- make it so different sims will show up wherever you go, instead of the same bunch every time
- turn off the random aging that EA have implemented recently, so sims out of CAS will be 0 days into their age, and it won't be random.

if none of it is what you're asking, you might wanna explain a bit more.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2019 at 12:25 PM
Since the OP is referring to "Get Famous" and "Strangerville", I'd guess that "S" means Strangerville and "DS" means Del Sol Valley.
Scholar
#4 Old 13th May 2019 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Since the OP is referring to "Get Famous" and "Strangerville", I'd guess that "S" means Strangerville and "DS" means Del Sol Valley.

Well.. good for you. my brain couldn't do this math

my reply above is still valid then
the OP just need to turn on aging for active household only, (and NPCs if they want)
so played households won't age.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:53 AM
Perfect!!!!! Thank you so much! Will get that done asap.

I normally play totally legacy style and not rotational. etc. So normally do not care about more than one household. But in this case I do. That should work.