Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 1:29 AM
Default What is s4pe and how do I work with it?
I've been away from the game for a LONG time. I tried to log on and a page opened titled s4pe and I don't know what that means and how to use it to access my game? I searche this site a came up with nothing. Help!!! :b
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 10:15 AM
What are you trying to do with S4Pe? Open a file, or open the game? S4Pe is for editing and creating CC, not for playing the game.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I've been away from the game for a LONG time. I tried to log on and a page opened titled s4pe and I don't know what that means and how to use it to access my game? I searche this site a came up with nothing. Help!!! :b

Try this link: http://stinkyeggsandwichsims.blogsp...using-s4pe.html

For the layman, like me, who just use it as a merge tool, I use S4pe to open package folders to confirm they are for Sim4. Sometimes I can get confused. I've even put a few Sims3 package files in my Sims4 downloads folder by accident. This tool takes the guess work out. But also, if you have downloaded a mod, that once unzipped, has a large amount of individual package files, you can compress them with the S4pe tool. It saves time and space in your mods folder. Certain kinds of files should never be merged. The site where you download S4pe has all the instruction you need. I'm not a creator, so I don't know anything about creating or changing the files. Just confirm and merge. That's all I do with it.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 6:09 PM
I think something happened to ruin S4pe? I can still use it for looking into my package files and also to see who the creator is but when I try and merge with it, the merged packages either stop the game from starting or throw exceptions all over the place. I have the most current update version. Anyone know what's up with S4pe?